[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

A small update for Kerbal Konstructs:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.47

This should fix the issues with vessels Spawning under statics when PhysicsRangeExtender is used. Also some crashes when Kerbin-Side Remastered was not correctly installed. 

Changes:

• Less crashing when a PQSMapDecal Map is missing
  • use the active Vessels physics Settings for calculation of the loading range of buildings: fixes: #130
  • minimal improvements of loading time on scene switches

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

A small update for Kerbal Konstructs:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.47

This should fix the issues with vessels Spawning under statics when PhysicsRangeExtender is used. Also some crashes when Kerbin-Side Remastered was not correctly installed. 

Changes:

• Less crashing when a PQSMapDecal Map is missing
  • use the active Vessels physics Settings for calculation of the loading range of buildings: fixes: #130
  • minimal improvements of loading time on scene switches

Cheers! Thanks for the fixes.

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

@Ger_spaceyeah i mean there are no buildings and Ctrl and K doesn't work

reinstall kerbin-side remastered. The problem is, that when you deleted KK, the additional configs that have been needed for KS-R have been deleted. 

Next time: Move the configs from GameData\KerbalKontructs\NewInstances somewhere else and then delete it. Until there is an update to KS-R this has to be done. 

2 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

@Ger_space Did you consider using @Lisias's approach on configs - storing them under <KSP_dir>/PluginData instead of GameData, so they don't get deleted when you update the mod? He uses it for his KJR fork:

There is a setting for the ConfigPath where KK will write its new files, but most people never change it. This is only a temprorary problem until all mods are updated, which should happen soon.

@Ger_space , unfortunately, all the new Kerbin Side Complete versions since 1.4.5.26 (and latest Kerbin Side Kampus too) have a wrong placement in 1.6.1 :

1cfj3Ic.png

(btw, in VERSION file it marked as 1.4.5.25, but real 1.4.5.25 from SpaceDock is markes 1.4.0.0 and have correct placement)

KSC was temporarily moved?

12 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

@Ger_space , unfortunately, all the new Kerbin Side Complete versions since 1.4.5.26 (and latest Kerbin Side Kampus too) have a wrong placement in 1.6.1 :

1cfj3Ic.png

(btw, in VERSION file it marked as 1.4.5.25, but real 1.4.5.25 from SpaceDock is markes 1.4.0.0 and have correct placement)

KSC was temporarily moved?

ohh, thats something i never expected to happen... the position is correct, but the main problem is, that the anker point is now defined by someone else and such its a big mess. 

This never happended in my test setups, but now as I see it, it makes sense. 

I need a fixed anker point for the KSC. and then every other mod uses that. maybe It will break some stuff, but its less broken than that. 

Hey @Ger_space, I have a weird problem with, I guess, KK. I once spawned a Sound Cube, but I deleted it afterwards. Now, every time I quickload a game while being close to KSP (where the Sound Cube was), I hear the sound while loading. It's pretty loud, and it seems to get louder after every reload (but that might be my growing annoyance :D), and it sounds distorted (due to the loudness, I think).

10 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Hey @Ger_space, I have a weird problem with, I guess, KK. I once spawned a Sound Cube, but I deleted it afterwards. Now, every time I quickload a game while being close to KSP (where the Sound Cube was), I hear the sound while loading. It's pretty loud, and it seems to get louder after every reload (but that might be my growing annoyance :D), and it sounds distorted (due to the loudness, I think).

the soundcube by itself is not very interesting, but its more meant as a template for modders, so they can put other sounds to it. It helps to visualize the area where the sound will be hearable.

I will put some code into the next release, so the cube is cleaned up, when its is deleted, this should not be naccessary anyway, but I don' know if Unity has some strange behavior.

Edited by Ger_space

A new Release is now online:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.50

Modders should use the Builtin GroupCenters whenever possible, except when something uses a other reference (for example the shoreline) This should fix most issues with scaled planets. and mods placing things around the KSC.

Changes

• Remove orphaned RemoteTech GroundStations when RT support is enabled. This was only be a problem, when you edit GroundStation within a savegame.
  • added 7 Builtin GroupCenters, that are hard linked to POI in Kerbin. KSC, KSC2, Island Airfield, Pyramids, Desert LS, Woomerang LS.
  • Fixed the GrassColor editor.
  • Fixed a problem with the AnimateOnSunRise module (Buildings should turn off the lights more reliable)
  • more verbose error messages in the AnimateOnSunRise module. This sould help modders with setting up thier buildings

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:
  •  
  • Fixed a problem with the AnimateOnSunRise module (Buildings should turn off the lights more reliable) 

Hi, thanks for the update

Re the above fix , along with numerous other static related issues( all mine and mostly because they've been around for years) I was getting a lot of log spam related to those items I'd changed from animate on click to animate on sunrise, NRE's  etc, (again i suspected it was my fault rather than KK's)   hoping  that this will sort that out

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, thanks for the update

Re the above fix , along with numerous other static related issues( all mine and mostly because they've been around for years) I was getting a lot of log spam related to those items I'd changed from animate on click to animate on sunrise, NRE's  etc, (again i suspected it was my fault rather than KK's)   hoping  that this will sort that out

if you have problems, just send me the logs, I can try to sort that out. 

There is also a AnimateOnTrigger Static Module. Whenever the root part of a vessel interacts with a trigger collider, a animation can be activated. 

All module documentation is here:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki

Just a small bugfix release, because @damonvv is busy... 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.51

I also updated the documentation about Model Variants:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/Variant-Switching:

Changes

• The LaunchSites in the KSP LaunchSite selector are now sorted: 1. KSC 2. Alphabetical order of all KK Launch sites 3. M.H. Launch sites. (the second part is now what is getting sorted. the overall order is nothing I can change.
  • Renaming a launch site in the KK-editor will no longer produce exceptions in other parts of the mod and will propagate properly into the game.
  • fixed an exception when a launchsite is no longer existing withing a saved game.

Hi, there is a bug with research bodies and kerbal konstructs.  With the latest versions of those two mods and the dependencies for them installed, a new save on sandbox ksp 1.6.1.   Clicking the VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, attempting to quit the game, etc, will cause a null reference and nothing else will happen.

Here's the log
https://github.com/Kerbex/ksplog/blob/master/KSP.log

2 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Hi, there is a bug with research bodies and kerbal konstructs.  With the latest versions of those two mods and the dependencies for them installed, a new save on sandbox ksp 1.6.1.   Clicking the VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, attempting to quit the game, etc, will cause a null reference and nothing else will happen.

Here's the log

Can confirm this as well. Same setup, same infinite null reference errors and I am unable to launch any module (VAB, SBH, Runway, etc.)

8 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Here's the log

thanks for the report. I'll try to post a new release later.