[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

4 hours ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Any tips to find a flat place to put long objects like runways? It seems almost nowhere suits one but the sea.

Make your own flat spot with a mapDecal.

that said, there are many real world runways built on fill by the water so it’s not a bad idea...

5 hours ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Any tips to find a flat place to put long objects like runways? It seems almost nowhere suits one but the sea.

Everywhere, where you place a uniform mapdecal.

That is why I implemented it.

Read the ist few pages, then you will know how to set them up.

27 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

Dropping in to say that I love Kerbal Konstruct's variant switch feature! I'm working on adding it to my models. Check it out!

Wow that is really cool, your stuff looks great!

It might be nice to have variants without the hex-bases for tight layouts.

15 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Wow that is really cool, your stuff looks great!

It might be nice to have variants without the hex-bases for tight layouts.

That's a neat idea and totally doable with only CFG changes. In most cases, all that you'd need to add is this code to the CFG.

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with base Enabled, all meshes active
	name = Default 
}

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with no base, Standard hex meshes disabled
	name = NoHexBase
	deactivateTransforms = model_asphalt, model_asphalt_line01, model_asphalt_line02, model_grass, model_pavement
}

If you wanted to play around with that right now, that's all you'd need to add. Any further discussion should probably take place in the OSS:NTR thread. This is yet another example of how easy and versatile the KK static variants system is built.

Edited by Omega482

Is there a way to get a static's coordinates? I had them copied over to a kOS script when KK didn't use groups yet. That wasn't a problem so far, but (I guess?) since the latest update, my landing barge is a little bit off. Since I can't drive there with a rover to check the new coordinates, I need another way to get them...

11 hours ago, dlrk said:

AVC is showing a new version, is this correct?

I think I was too fast with a commit, this are versions for private testing. They contain bugs and are not for puplic (yet)

6 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is there a way to get a static's coordinates? I had them copied over to a kOS script when KK didn't use groups yet. That wasn't a problem so far, but (I guess?) since the latest update, my landing barge is a little bit off. Since I can't drive there with a rover to check the new coordinates, I need another way to get them...

I don't want to bring back the coordinates in the editor, as that it already overloaded. maybe I can bring that back in the .cfg files. 

writing an extension for KoS is on my todo list for too long. But my time is too limited for the next few weeks. 

13 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I usually use Vessel Mover to locate and work on statics.

Before I go on vacation, here is a small update to KK: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.59

or

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs

Big Changes:

You can export your bases "sorted by group (including PQSMapdecals) as .tar files. (.zip was not possible, because of the ancient .net version KSP uses)  

Water surface textures now poper scale the animated water texture when rescaled. you can now make big water areas without having gigantic waves. 

Changes

for Players

• fixed AnimateOnSunrise static module. (switches day/night cycle)

for Modders

• Added new community textures by Damon
  • added texture tileing option in the Advanced Texture StaticModule
  • made impact resistence configurable ind model config
  • fix a spelling error in the model variant config
  • added a button in the editor that exports all bases (sorted by group) as .tar files into the KerbalKonstructs\ExportedInstances folder (use winrar or 7-zip) this makes sharing of your own creations a lot easier.

Hi @Ger_space,

FYI: There is a small offset at both ends of the straight section of the Round Range runway. It causes aircraft to blow up due to excessive stress when contacting said offset at landing/takeoff speeds. In one instance, the whole runway was destroyed! Craft are fine if I go over it very slowly.

Thanks for maintaining this awesome mod! :)

5 hours ago, KraterKreator said:

Hi @Ger_space,

FYI: There is a small offset at both ends of the straight section of the Round Range runway. It causes aircraft to blow up due to excessive stress when contacting said offset at landing/takeoff speeds. In one instance, the whole runway was destroyed! Craft are fine if I go over it very slowly.

Thanks for maintaining this awesome mod! :)

Fist: kk by itself doesn't contain any bases, so this bug report should go to the thread that the base is from.

Round range can be Kerbin Side or Kerbin-side remastered. 

I added a toughness modifier to the configs, so buildings can be made more resistant, it only needs some more time until the mods catches up. 

12 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

I still can't figure out how to get RecoveryBase to work. It is a recovery base, it is open, but refunding is still based on distance from KSC. Is there something else I need to configure?

Have you tried to restart ksp? I think it's only initialized correctly after a full restart.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Many times :/

After some checking: The custom recovery code is only active in career games. As this is the only game mode, that is relevant when it comes to money. If you have problems there, then I need your KSP.log when its having problems.

Yes, it's a career game. Here's the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7ejazo0w5yyf2q/KSP_KK_RecoveryTest.log?dl=0

Vessel is named RecoveryTest, the RecoveryBase is named RecoveryBase@LandingZone2. I have 2 landing pads next to each other, having different names in the statics editor, but both are named RecoveryBase@LandingZone2. I don't think that's the problem, though, as it didn't work with a single pad either.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, Ger_space said:

Fist: kk by itself doesn't contain any bases, so this bug report should go to the thread that the base is from.

Round range can be Kerbin Side or Kerbin-side remastered. 

I added a toughness modifier to the configs, so buildings can be made more resistant, it only needs some more time until the mods catches up. 

Of course. Sorry about that! I'm using Kerbin Side Complete continued for 1.5.1. BTW. Thanks for updating that as well. Maybe I'll try and see if I can do something about it...

Edited by KraterKreator

56 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Just a quick heads up, I'm going to be more or less offline for the next three weeks.

This means no Bugfixes or feature requests in that time.

Second week of march i can pick up modding again.

No worries! Appreciate all you do!