[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

OK I've broken the latest release, so here is a update:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.0.2

Only change is: Custom LaunchSites work again... I must have messed up some dev-code in the latest build...

Good to know. I totally thought it was me. That is to say, I thought one of my other mods was breaking it.

Hey, thanks for continuing to maintain this, by the way. I'm finally getting into base-building, and this has always been one of my favorite mods. When Alpha Ash left, I thought that was going to be it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using KK and I installed RSS and I cant open the base editor in flight. Also i do know that KK bases wont work on earth because they are made for kerbin.

I'm running into an issue using Beyond Home (which relies on KK), and when I launch from the base on the moon that has been placed there with KK, everything is fine, but when I go back to the Space Center, it puts me in the ground at the last launch site, only none of the KSC buildings or buttons are visible, and I can't get back to KSC. If I quit the game and reload, then go into the VAB and hit the KK button, I can select the normal KSC as the launch site again, and everything is fixed. But the moment I launch from that moon, this happens again.

Also had a similar problem where I landed at that moon base, and I couldn't recover the ship. When I went to the space center, a pop-up came up like I could recover it, but none of the buttons worked. It was just stuck again, and I had to kill the game once again, then load back up and reset the launchsite to KSC.

I've unchecked the option in the settings to 'Use last launchsite'. Any thoughts?

ive been looking to scatter my buildings from my cities mod somewhat randomly within regions that work for them (based on terrain flatness ect) but a majour hurdle im having is the altitude. would it be possible to have a variable setable in the instance section of the config that just says altitude: terrain in which case it spawns the city with the transform at the altitude of the ground at that location (naturally the mod maker would need to position the transform correctly for it to spawn) but it would make kerbin population far more intuituive

1 hour ago, amankd said:

ive been looking to scatter my buildings from my cities mod somewhat randomly within regions that work for them (based on terrain flatness ect) but a majour hurdle im having is the altitude. would it be possible to have a variable setable in the instance section of the config that just says altitude: terrain in which case it spawns the city with the transform at the altitude of the ground at that location (naturally the mod maker would need to position the transform correctly for it to spawn) but it would make kerbin population far more intuituive

There is a altitude parameter and a reference section ( so either altitude above sea level or altitude above ground) what else you might need?

Hi. I'm trying to build my own planet and wondered if it was possible to assign customized scientific reports to objects placed with this mod. I'd like to place some personal easter eggs made by me. If it is feasible, how should I proceed?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Simog said:

Hi. I'm trying to build my own planet and wondered if it was possible to assign customized scientific reports to objects placed with this mod. I'd like to place some personal easter eggs made by me. If it is feasible, how should I proceed?

Thanks.

That's not (yet) possible. I was digging into  this, but it's not that easy to implement. The current implementation of microbiomes are hard coded into ksp, nothing you can easily change or extend,  because it's a limitation of unity that you cannot create new game object tags during runtime. ( You can only assign existing ones) 

Yo!

I've encountered some problems using this with my planet mod that impede the experience of the players who choose to use this option.

First and foremost, selecting a launch site and backing out sends you to that launchsite in the "space centre" scene view. Only the runway and launch pad are selectable and they send you to the editor, not the proper menu. VAB / SPH buildings do not function at all. Tracking station buildings do not function either. Neither does an administration or astronaut complex. The only way to get around this is to enter the runway, select KSC and back out. Lots and lots of people using my planet mod do not know this, and report it as a bug on my thread. 

Hopefully these can be resolved! If you need config files / logs, please let me know. Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yo!

I've encountered some problems using this with my planet mod that impede the experience of the players who choose to use this option.

First and foremost, selecting a launch site and backing out sends you to that launchsite in the "space centre" scene view. Only the runway and launch pad are selectable and they send you to the editor, not the proper menu. VAB / SPH buildings do not function at all. Tracking station buildings do not function either. Neither does an administration or astronaut complex. The only way to get around this is to enter the runway, select KSC and back out. Lots and lots of people using my planet mod do not know this, and report it as a bug on my thread. 

Hopefully these can be resolved! If you need config files / logs, please let me know. Thank you :)

Then they should not select the "focus last launchsite" option in the KK settings.

also there are buttons on the button left of the screens that should be working.

If they don't show up, then your planet pack doesn't define the home planet correctly.

14 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Then they should not select the "focus last launchsite" option in the KK settings.

also there are buttons on the button left of the screens that should be working.

If they don't show up, then your planet pack doesn't define the home planet correctly.

Alright, i'll need to tell people to turn that off, as I believe that was enabled by default. Cheers

Edit: Can you point me in the direction of that setting? It's not in the editor, nor the KerbalKonstructs.cfg config.

Edited by Gameslinx

7 hours ago, Ger_space said:

For now you have to buy workers in nearby apartments. Then you can assign them to the factories. This might change in the future.

I still can't find the interface to do it... What type of building do I need? Barracks? Do I click it in flight or in KSC view?

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Alright, i'll need to tell people to turn that off, as I believe that was enabled by default. Cheers

Edit: Can you point me in the direction of that setting? It's not in the editor, nor the KerbalKonstructs.cfg config.

How about the normal game settings? Press escape...

Hi! i love your mod, i use it for Tundra Exploration but i have a problem with it, i can't use custom launchsites i'm sure i'm doing everything correctly but it seems i can't use it for some strange problem.

Would you mind guiding me throught this?

Edited by Munarmunar

• 2 weeks later...

Is Kerbal Konstructs no longer packaged with any of its own runways or other large objects? I downloaded it to try and alleviate the RSS-RO runway issues, only to find a list of useless stock runway models and a few would-be handy runway accessories in the list.

Edited by Ithirahad