[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

@Ger_space

The way you are trying to get the master volume is broken, and you will need to change your code to work around it.

The following is what you have:

[GameParameters.CustomFloatParameterUI("The master volume for KK sound objects", toolTip = "Set here to adjust the loudness of the AudioPlayer objects.", minValue = 0 , maxValue = 1 , asPercentage = true , stepCount = 100, autoPersistance = true)]
        public float soundMasterVolume = 1f;

Try doing something like this (pulled from one of my mods):

// The following crazy code is due to a bug introduced in 1.2.2
// See this link for details:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/7542-the-official-unoffical-quothelp-a-fellow-plugin-developerquot-thread/&page=100#comment-2887044

// [GameParameters.CustomFloatParameterUI("Initial failure probability", minValue = 0.0f, maxValue = 1.0f, stepCount = 101, asPercentage = true)]
// public float initialFailureProbability = 0.02F;

public float initialFailureProb = 0.02F;
[GameParameters.CustomFloatParameterUI("Initial failure probability (%)", displayFormat = "N0", minValue = 0, maxValue = 100, stepCount = 1, asPercentage = false)]
public float initialFailureProbability
{
    get { return initialFailureProb * 100; }
    set { initialFailureProb = value / 100.0f; }
}

Hi  I am having in interesting problem with Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside Remastered.

when I start up the game And I go into the space map mode/Tracking mode, I am finding places that have nothing but Black Squares. These include4 places like South Fiel harvester, and even KErman Atoll. 

I already talked with the folks at Kerbinside Remastered, and they say that there are some assets in KK that were removed and they say it's an issue with KK.

The Kerbinside remastered version is 0.90 and the Kerbal Konstructs version is 1.3.4.5 and I am using the 1.4.MH2 version of he game (I've even tried the Kerbal Konstructs 1.3.4.5 release and am still getting the same results.

Is this a kerbal Konstructs or a Kerbinside issue?

Space_Coyote

Ground Stations/Tracking Station + KK/KS(R) settings question:

I'm using KK Kerbinside Remastered, and I have a handful of ground stations that look to be "open" -- but they're not providing connection for my new (and first!) satellite. After dialing up the occlusion modifiers (so I didn't just get KSC *everywhere*) I'm not getting any additional sites. What are the combination of settings needed to make this happen properly?

I now have:

Basic: Enable Comm Network
Advanced: Enable Extra Groundstations  -- This allowed me to get more signal sources.

KK: Enable Commnet Groundstations
"Leave Stock Commnet" is disabled.

I was only able to get additional signal sources by turning on "Enable Extra" above, but there doesn't seem to be an open station/base at those locations. I had a roughly equatorial orbit, and my probe was picking up Nye Island (which isn't open), and completely ignoring the visually-marked Roundrange station/no connection line. Should KK stations be "working" even though they'e not open?

I'm having the same problem as the other fellow who was unable to launch from the Mun  in 1.4.x.  However, I've captured logs:

KK Mun pad launch failure on new career - log and instance config from NewInstances

I'm guessing this problem has something to do with the dominant body being set to Kerbin instead of Mun at the start of the launch, leading to the launch site being invalid, so it falls back to KSC

I imagine you can tell from the logs, but I'm on KSP 1.4.3, reasonably heavily modded, no DLC.  I attempted to reproduce on a KK-only install with the same results, and the log is also in the dropbox folder linked above (KSP-no-other-mods.log).  

Incidentally, I (and another Redditor) had some problems with custom level 3 launch pads, which I found were resolved by setting the pads to level 2 instead.  I'll capture logs on that too if you'd find that valuable; they looked very much like this mun failure to my eye.

Edited by base10
Added note that the issue is reproducible even with no other mods

Hi,

compatibility problem between KK and KCT. unable to launch from the added launch site cause in KCT you must launch from it's own interface ...

KSP 1.4.3 - KK 1.4.3.3 - KCT 1.4.0.69 - Kerbin Side R 0.90

actually the issue isn't a real problem for me. I keep all the feature to make some life and immersion in the landscape and launch from KSC default launchpad. I keep the hope a solution can be find to fix this issue so I keep an eye on this topic.

thanks for all the time spent on this great mod anyway

On 5/7/2018 at 3:17 AM, Drew Kerman said:

just updated to latest KSP 1.3.1 version v1.3.9.12 and it has some odd behavior I thought was a bug in v1.3.0.0 (big skip in update revisions because I forgot there was a KSP 1.3.1 backport). If you create a new static then paste or snap it based on another object it shows up in that position fine, but when you go to adjust its position it returns to the original spawn location and offsets its position from there. Even after the game is restarted. I suppose this could be intended as if you paste/snap something then you have it where you want it and don't need to move it. But that seems a bit rigid of a design choice.

Also can the ability to shown destructed buildings be made an option? I was actually using the fact that destructed objects are not shown to replace the Tier 1 tracking dish with an animated version. Or is there now a way for me to properly remove the dish static from the KSC?

@Ger_space did you miss this?

10 minutes ago, The Tenth Avenger said:

Great and fun mod, but thanks to the massive amount of bugs it has I really couldn't keep playing with it and had to delete it.

4/5 stars for useless backhanded compliment award

Just to followup on my post, through trial and error I am now able to sometimes launch from pads on other bodies.  However, it's definitely fiddly.  Sometimes I have to try the same launch three or four times, or switch pads a few times, etc. before it works.  I'm currently under the impression that it's one launch behind - in other words, I have to launch with Mun 1 selected, then recover (not revert!) since the craft will be on the Kerbin pad, then launch again with Mun 1 selected, and then it will work.  But even this process is not 100% reliable.   I'll keep you posted if I can narrow it down further.

In any case, thanks for all your work building and maintaining this mod.  It's become indispensable for these 7000 ton Minmus launches I keep wanting to do :) 

1 hour ago, RazorFang95 said:

Is this still as power hungry as it was in 1.2?

If you use Kerbin side reload, the resource requirements spotless be significantly lower.

Is the way the original Kerbin-side assets have been made, that made the mod apparently resource hungry 

On 6/3/2018 at 5:45 AM, Vonnmillard said:

Um, I know it might not be possible, yet, but, will the mod eventually have a feature that makes every building that requires this mod as destructible as the KSC?

No

On 6/2/2018 at 10:14 PM, Jhorriga said:

I select a launch site from kk remastered, but I always end up launching from a ksc facility. Please help! I am using 1.4.1

How to reproduce? 

Does anyone actually read the form rules or even the first post of a threat? 

Bug report should go to the github, so they don't get lost. 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:26 PM, The Tenth Avenger said:

Great and fun mod, but thanks to the massive amount of bugs it has I really couldn't keep playing with it and had to delete it.

I didn't see you file a single bug report on github. So there can't be any. 

Nice trolli glaub attempt 

On 5/23/2018 at 6:10 AM, base10 said:

I'm having the same problem as the other fellow who was unable to launch from the Mun  in 1.4.x.  However, I've captured logs:

KK Mun pad launch failure on new career - log and instance config from NewInstances

I'm guessing this problem has something to do with the dominant body being set to Kerbin instead of Mun at the start of the launch, leading to the launch site being invalid, so it falls back to KSC

I imagine you can tell from the logs, but I'm on KSP 1.4.3, reasonably heavily modded, no DLC.  I attempted to reproduce on a KK-only install with the same results, and the log is also in the dropbox folder linked above (KSP-no-other-mods.log).  

Incidentally, I (and another Redditor) had some problems with custom level 3 launch pads, which I found were resolved by setting the pads to level 2 instead.  I'll capture logs on that too if you'd find that valuable; they looked very much like this mun failure to my eye.

Maybe squad changed the lv 3 pad models, I'll have to look at them once more and create custom code path die them. 

This can happen every time with every update. 

I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to use the terrain editor, but the entry in the wiki for it seems a bit complicated. I'm trying to put a flat surface on Duna so that I may put a base/colony along with some static objects from various KK mods, but I don't know how to even begin making the flat surface. The wiki I think references things that are beyond in-game, and I'm no modder.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:56 AM, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to use the terrain editor, but the entry in the wiki for it seems a bit complicated. I'm trying to put a flat surface on Duna so that I may put a base/colony along with some static objects from various KK mods, but I don't know how to even begin making the flat surface. The wiki I think references things that are beyond in-game, and I'm no modder.

The You use a simple all black map as height map And place it anyway you want. 

Is difficult to explain how a quad uses images to alter terrains. 

13 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

How do I fix this?

xzsljsomiofthnbh.png

wot

I only had this once with kopernikus installed and GPP, when some configs went crazy, because the coordinate systems didn't match. 

Or maybe you have a configuration for a static at zero coordinates. 

Look in the logfile, maybe you will see something.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, Ger_space said:

Maybe squad changed the lv 3 pad models, I'll have to look at them once more and create custom code path die them. 

This can happen every time with every update. 

Thanks for checking this out; I still haven't had any luck making lv3 pads work. 

If it's of any help to you, I think I found the other part of my problem.  I added facility names to all my launchpads via editing the cfg files, which the ingame editor doesn't seem to do.  With that change made, lv2 pads are reliably launchable regardless of celestial body.  Unfortunately, this change didn't help launches from lv3 pads at all.

2 hours ago, base10 said:

Thanks for checking this out; I still haven't had any luck making lv3 pads work. 

If it's of any help to you, I think I found the other part of my problem.  I added facility names to all my launchpads via editing the cfg files, which the ingame editor doesn't seem to do.  With that change made, lv2 pads are reliably launchable regardless of celestial body.  Unfortunately, this change didn't help launches from lv3 pads at all.

I checked it again and for me the Lv3 launchpads are working without any issues. 

On 6/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, Ger_space said:

Looks like KSP 1.4.4 broke this mod once again. I'm on vacation for three weeks without access to my computer, so if someone has an idea what changed, a fix is very welcome. 

has anyone tried a simple recompile against 1.4.4 ?  that fixes mods far more often than I would have expected.. perhaps I'll give it a try, but before I do, has anyone else tried it yet?

58 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

has anyone tried a simple recompile against 1.4.4 ?  that fixes mods far more often than I would have expected.. perhaps I'll give it a try, but before I do, has anyone else tried it yet?

Of course I tried that. It's something more complex than that. 

There have been some internal changes to KSP that broke kk for now. It was nothing I could fix within two hours, now you have to wait until I'm back from vacation. 

The timing of the 1.4.4 release was very unlucky for me. That's why I cannot help you know. 

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

Of course I tried that. It's something more complex than that. 

There have been some internal changes to KSP that broke kk for now. It was nothing I could fix within two hours, now you have to wait until I'm back from vacation. 

The timing of the 1.4.4 release was very unlucky for me. That's why I cannot help you know. 

agreed.  I was also upset that it defaults to upload to cloud; basically it took all my designs and sent them to someone else's computer (the cloud) without my consent; had to turn that off, but.. who knows.  Seems like functionality of this kind could/should be released *as a mod* and not as an entirely new KSP release which breaks all the other mods.
Didn't mean to insult you, @Ger_space - it sounded like you hadn't had time to look into it at all, so I wasn't sure what had or had not been tried.