[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable/sell ignore the KSC and only use KK bases?

I'm so bored of the KSC.

EDIT:

@Ger_space, I finally figured out how to use map decals! they make base building so much better, thank you for this feature! 

Where do user defined decals save to? Can they be moved to any folder in GameData?

Edited by Nightside
Map decals

On 7/4/2018 at 9:35 AM, Galileo said:

Oh, I thought he knew that because someone had already brought that up just above his comments. :/

Edit: it was you that brought it up lol.

I made TWO separate posts about needing to roll back KSP to 1.4.3 in response to his question and the mod developer also mentioned it....

You would think people would read responses after their post, if they can't be bothered to read the page before where this was already discussed.....

The last three posts on the previous page also were about how KK is no longer working on version 1.4.4 and the dude is on vacation right now....

Hopefully it will be resolved easily and quickly, so I can re-update my game and the mods that have already been updated by other developers....

KK works great but I'm having an issue when adding any expansion mods.  I've tried both SM_Statics and Kerbin-Side and when either of the mods are loaded "Ctrl+K" doesn't open the menu so I have no way of spawning new items.  What am I doing wrong??

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Only just  discovering that KK is not working fine at all , please refer to the numerous postings above

KK is working fine for me as is though, I have yet to notice any issues on its own.  When adding things to it it seems to break, and I haven't found any information on that.  Thanks for the "help".

Edited by cgross220

3 hours ago, cgross220 said:

KK is working fine for me as is though, I have yet to notice any issues on its own.  When adding things to it it seems to break, and I haven't found any information on that.  Thanks for the "help".

This mod has releases for multiple versions of KSP, what KSP and mod versions are you on.

i have had similar problems myself. Now I’m getting good results with latest KK & ksp 1.4.3. I was having problems possibly related to Quickstart or Module Manager (gasp!), but a light install (as recommended above by Galileo) without other mods works great for building bases. 

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

This mod has releases for multiple versions of KSP, what KSP and mod versions are you on.

i have had similar problems myself. Now I’m getting good results with latest KK & ksp 1.4.3. I was having problems possibly related to Quickstart or Module Manager (gasp!), but a light install (as recommended above by Galileo) without other mods works great for building bases. 

I'm on latest KK (1.4.3.3 I think?) and 1.4.4 KSP.  Could it be the 1.4.4 update causing errors?  I also have a few other mods installed (KAS, KIS, BDA, AirplanesPlus) installed so they might create some issues too.  I'll try with just KK and KerbinSide and see if that works.  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, cgross220 said:

I'm on latest KK (1.4.3.3 I think?) and 1.4.4 KSP.  Could it be the 1.4.4 update causing errors?  I also have a few other mods installed (KAS, KIS, BDA, AirplanesPlus) installed so they might create some issues too.  I'll try with just KK and KerbinSide and see if that works.  Thanks!

Read the last page of the thread and you will see it mentioned numerous times that KK does not work correctly in 1.4.4, so it’s safe to say that, yes, 1.4.4 is causing issues.

53 minutes ago, cgross220 said:

By the way, welcome to the forums @cgross220, If you are intent on using KK you can either wait (probably just a matter of days) for the author to update the mod,  or you can roll your install of KSP back to 1.4.3.

38 minutes ago, Nightside said:

By the way, welcome to the forums @cgross220, If you are intent on using KK you can either wait (probably just a matter of days) for the author to update the mod,  or you can roll your install of KSP back to 1.4.3.

You are very optimistic, at least I'm now back home and can start coding again. 

For now my hope getting a fix it soon is not very high.

4 hours ago, Ger_space said:

You are very optimistic, at least I'm now back home and can start coding again. 

For now my hope getting a fix it soon is not very high.

Welcome back, I hope your time off was good. Sorry to hear that the fix is not an easy one.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

I've been playing with MapDecals based on real Digital Elevation Maps (DEM) to make more detailed areas of ground. Is there any limit to the size of heightmap files?

The actual size should not be too big, as you create a flat area, if you choose then too big your plant will be flat, or have hard edges. 

Some is mitigated by the ksp game engine itself ( maps are always a bit distorted, so there actually limits how granulated the the details are) 

But from kk there are no hard limits to the file sizes. 

If there is a limit within ksp, I don't know it.

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

And it contains a Bugfix, that should make kk happy again. I'll check that on Saturday, as I'm working tomorrow until late night. 

so.. it's possible that KK will just magically start working now?  I'll try that.

Yes - I just updated to 1.4.5, kept all my mods including this one the same, fired up KSP, and KK is working again (KK + KerbinSide) ... seems like 1.4.5 cures the problem.

Edited by ss8913

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so.. it's possible that KK will just magically start working now?  I'll try that.

Yes - I just updated to 1.4.5, kept all my mods including this one the same, fired up KSP, and KK is working again (KK + KerbinSide) ... seems like 1.4.5 cures the problem.

I expected I need at least do recompile kk, but this is even better. 

I'm not using 1.4.5 yet, but I was finally able to get some pix of some of my current project. I've converted some digital elevation maps (DEM) of real places into .png format and brought them into the game as MapDecals, then stretched them to approximately real size. Even at a pretty low resolution (600x600 pixels) they look really good. 

screenshot14

Flying around the Columbia River Gorge. The detail of the terrain is so much more satisfying than stock.

screenshot16

And flying south, with Mt. Hood looming in the distance.

screenshot20

Circling the peak. The 

screenshot22Having once climbed (almost) all the way to the top once, I can say that the terrain features are really accurate. 

edit: all these terrain features are a single 173 kb .png file stretched across about 100 km of Kerbin.

Now I just have to recreate this (terrifying) video.

Thanks @Ger_space for all your work on this mod!

Edited by Nightside
details