[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Hello, I use GPP and I've been having a problem getting the KK Ground Stations to work with CommNet (i.e: My probes can't seem to connect with any of the Ground Stations added in GPP on Gael. I've posted about it in the GPP thread but am unsure as to whether it's a GPP problem or a KK problem.. Or just a settings problem or something I'm doing wrong.

The Details of my problem available here:

Recently ive been wondering about multiplayer in KSP and i had an idea that may help modders with it. how about using KK for multiplayer mods, it would help with multiple players and may help with lag too. i dont know if this is already a thing but it was just an idea that popped into my head.

I don't know where to post, thiis might be a GPP issue as well.

I use GPP with ksp 1.6.1

When i launch from the main site and land on another site I get all my money back (100% craft recovery).
However when i launch from a secondary site (say Rook's Glory) and land on the same secndary site i get like 30% refunds or something.

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I don't know where to post, thiis might be a GPP issue as well.

I use GPP with ksp 1.6.1

When i launch from the main site and land on another site I get all my money back (100% craft recovery).
However when i launch from a secondary site (say Rook's Glory) and land on the same secndary site i get like 30% refunds or something.

Something seems broken/easy to break with recovery. RecoveryBases never worked for me.

Hello,

I got a quick question about the first runway I placed.   It's treating it like a space center however I only want it to be a launch site exactly as the desert airfield is - so when you hit recover vehicle, it takes you back to KSC and doesn't keep you at the new airfield.   Anyone know what option I need to choose/change?

Also real quick, what option do I need to do to enable it as an icon on the map?

4 hours ago, mcbmaestro said:

I wanted to confirm if I want to change the sound effect for the soundcube object,  do I need to create a new soundcube object in the freestatics folder?

Copy the cfg file and give it a new name and Adjust the settings.

That's the intended work flow.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Nafiu Sean said:

MapDecals doesn't seem to show up in 1.5.1

I guess you have a broken / incomplete installation of Kerbin-side remastered.

They are working for be.

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Copy the cfg file and give it a new name and Adjust the settings.

That's the intended work flow.

Yep, thanks!

BTW - I had no idea how powerful KK really is.   You can imagine my joy when I found out making a new location is almost as easy as using the VAB.. it's just so incredible!   My dream for many years of creating an airport wherever I fly to is real now!

Edited by mcbmaestro

On 3/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, mcbmaestro said:

Hello,

I got a quick question about the first runway I placed.   It's treating it like a space center however I only want it to be a launch site exactly as the desert airfield is - so when you hit recover vehicle, it takes you back to KSC and doesn't keep you at the new airfield.   Anyone know what option I need to choose/change?

Also real quick, what option do I need to do to enable it as an icon on the map?

Make sure KSC is selected as your default base in the SPH Kk menu.  There might also be an option in the settings for that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

KSP-AVC offers to update the mod to version 1.4.5.60. But on Github the latest version is 1.4.5.59 and there is also a pre-release 1.4.5.61. This is a bug in KSP-AVC?

It's a bug me committing the wrong version file.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, CoriW said:

Hello, I use GPP and I've been having a problem getting the KK Ground Stations to work with CommNet

I'm facing a similar problem, albeit with Kerbinside and Remotetech. I'll open up a satellite station but probes will only connect to the KSC (it shows on the map as a commnet station). KK bases won't work for neither RTT nor the stock commnet unless I download the RTT stock configuration patch, in which case they will appear as colored dots in the map. Excuse the lack of documentation as I don't have the logs on hand right now, just want to check whether ground installations are borked in KK at this time.

Edited by Ottomic

8 hours ago, Ottomic said:

I'm facing a similar problem, albeit with Kerbinside and Remotetech. I'll open up a satellite station but probes will only connect to the KSC (it shows on the map as a commnet station). KK bases won't work for neither RTT nor the stock commnet unless I download the RTT stock configuration patch, in which case they will appear as colored dots in the map. Excuse the lack of documentation as I don't have the logs on hand right now, just want to check whether ground installations are borked in KK at this time.

You actually activated the support for comment or remote tech in the settings menu of kk?

8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

You actually activated the support for comment or remote tech in the settings menu of kk?

Durr.

Embarrassed. Sorry, it's been a while since I last played KSP. That did it for me. I didn't think to look into the new game options for KK. Thank you for the quick response.

• 2 weeks later...

We have another small release:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.64

changes

• API for building spanwed event
  • BugFix: Make Kerbals on EVA float on water
  • BugFix: less crashes on missing .mu ending of 3d model definitions.
  • use lat and lng for GroupCenters instead of a reference vector. this should fix some issues with rescaling.
  • added a switch to launchsites to toggle the behavior where a vessel ls placed on launch (on the topmost collider (default KSP) or at the spawnpoint)
  • added two new community textures by damonvv
  • added a switch to attach groupcenters to the waterlevel and not the ground (fix rescaled floating assets)

Just realized any Kerbal Konstructs changes (new/deleted statics and/or groups) break the ModuleManager cache on the 1.3.1 version of KK. This essentially means the patches have to be re-applied everytime the game is loaded after KK changes. Has this been fixed yet?

12 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Just realized any Kerbal Konstructs changes (new/deleted statics and/or groups) break the ModuleManager cache on the 1.3.1 version of KK. This essentially means the patches have to be re-applied everytime the game is loaded after KK changes. Has this been fixed yet?

this is working as intended. You write / alter .cfg files, this means mm will to a full rescan. This will be always like this. If you edit much, you need a slim installation with only a few mods. 

21 hours ago, That John said:

Hello,

I just wanna ask: How do I delete objects in the Mod Editor (or something)? I accidentally created 2, maybe 3 billboards with the mission flag on the runway, and can't select them to then delete that. Any help will be appreciated.

uhmm... how you can have them as a accident? they come from an internal debug menue. I fear you have to manually edit the savegame.

3 hours ago, Sebas-chan said:

Why does when I press ctrl+k nothing happens

mod not installed? you are not in in flight mode? (inside the KSC nothing will happen)