[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

4 hours ago, nmc said:

@Ithirahad there are many statics in "KerbinSide Core" (on CKAN) and very cool runways (with numbers that dynamically update based on heading!) in KerbinSide Remastered

Trying to get KerbinSide (via CKAN) only caused my Kerbal Konstructs to become totally nonfunctional. The menu bar tile for the aeroplane utilities still came up, but crtl-K did not bring up a menu and my existing KK-placed test items vanished. I guess I'll try a manual install.

Edited by Ithirahad

1 hour ago, Ithirahad said:

Trying to get KerbinSide (via CKAN) only caused my Kerbal Konstructs to become totally nonfunctional. The menu bar tile for the aeroplane utilities still came up, but crtl-K did not bring up a menu and my existing KK-placed test items vanished. I guess I'll try a manual install.

I did not have that issue, sorry

I only use the basic KK function: adding statics to the game and using some of them as launchsites; I do not use the other features like "aeroplane utilities"

I am playing on the JNSQ planet mod pack and want to use the  KSC enteded mod which needs KK.  However, KK seems to place a KSC2 site by default.  The KSC 2 site ends up being in a strange location.  Is there for me to remove the KSC 2 from spawning in the first place?

I just tried installing KK in a JNSQ game that previously had no meaningful ksp.log errors. I don't have a KK button in the toolbar and ctrl-K does nothing when controlling a craft. I see the below in the log, it obviously says it's failed but it's not clear (to me) why. Do you have any suggestions? I'm on 1.7.1.

[ERR 12:31:51.872] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 12:31:51.872] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 12:31:51.873] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KerbalKonstructs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticGroup' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.BaseBossFlight' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.AirRacing' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.ModelInfo' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.StaticsEditorGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.DownlinkGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.TrackingStationGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.SharedInterfaces' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.FacilityManager' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.EditorGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapIconManager' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.API.PersistenceFile`1+<>c__DisplayClass6_0[T]' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass16_0' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Welcome to the forum @Maverick77.

Unfortunately the forum has an English only policy outside of the international section. We recommend you use a translation service like google translate if you wish to post in the general forum.

[Translation]

Bienvenue sur le forum @ Maverick77. Malheureusement, le forum a une politique en anglais uniquement en dehors de la section internationale. Nous vous recommandons d'utiliser un service de traduction tel que google translate si vous souhaitez publier sur le forum général.

• 2 weeks later...

I reported a problem in the GPP topic, linked below, that I think might be best asked here since it involves a KK construct in that planet pack.  I've had one person say that he just deleted KK from the game but I'm reluctant to do that if I can avoid it.  Should I be rolling the KK version back and, if so, to which version to support GPP.  My problem didn't occur under KSP 1.6.x

Am I off the mark here?

Having an unresolved issue that KK In flight editor and KAS Debug menu shares the same Ctrl+k key, which makes KK Inflight Editor not showing up.  Is there anyway to modify the keys? I have a lot of Vessels using KAS parts.

Running on KSP 1.4.1 

21 hours ago, SwissArmyKnife said:

Having an issue and haven't found it reported elsewhere. Running KK with KSC++ Continued, KerbinSide Remastered, and Kerbin-City Restored. Loads fine at game start but whenever I leave the VAB it all disappears.

Running KSP 1.7.2

Try uninstalling and reinstalling these mods. In my case, it helped.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 9:16 PM, vossiewulf said:

I just tried installing KK in a JNSQ game that previously had no meaningful ksp.log errors. I don't have a KK button in the toolbar and ctrl-K does nothing when controlling a craft. I see the below in the log, it obviously says it's failed but it's not clear (to me) why. Do you have any suggestions? I'm on 1.7.1.

[ERR 12:31:51.873] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KerbalKonstructs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticGroup' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.BaseBossFlight' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.AirRacing' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.ModelInfo' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.StaticsEditorGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.DownlinkGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.TrackingStationGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.SharedInterfaces' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.FacilityManager' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.EditorGUI' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapIconManager' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.API.PersistenceFile`1+<>c__DisplayClass6_0[T]' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass16_0' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

From the JNSQ first post: 

Not provided

• Kerbal Konstructs things

Probably why it doesn't work. There isn't support within JNSQ. You would need to add it (or ask the dev really nicely). 

2 hours ago, LanderDude said:

Does this work with any of the Breaking Ground versions?  I downloaded it from Spacedock, but even in sandbox mode it shows no additional bases....?

Did you download kerbin side or any other mod that adds bases into the game? Kerbal konstructs just provides the frame work to add bases. 

im trying to play with the idea of an orbital launch site, placing a konstruct in orbit to launch from but each time i launch it returns to space center, is this a given bug of trying this or some other possible bug?

20 hours ago, amankd said:

im trying to play with the idea of an orbital launch site, placing a konstruct in orbit to launch from but each time i launch it returns to space center, is this a given bug of trying this or some other possible bug?

its a old bug, that needed some fix, but I was not motivated to do something on KSP for a couple of weeks. Too much stress in RL, so I  never found the energy to support this mod. 

but:

Here is a new Release for KSP 1.7.3:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.3.0

Changes:

* Some functions seperated into a external mod. This would in therory enable other mods to do thier own prelaunch checks, without KK overwriting them. 

* some cleanups. 

* recompile against KSP 1.7.3