[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

On 8/22/2019 at 6:52 PM, Ger_space said:

its a old bug, that needed some fix, but I was not motivated to do something on KSP for a couple of weeks. Too much stress in RL, so I  never found the energy to support this mod. 

but:

Here is a new Release for KSP 1.7.3:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.3.0

Changes:

* Some functions seperated into a external mod. This would in therory enable other mods to do thier own prelaunch checks, without KK overwriting them. 

* some cleanups. 

* recompile against KSP 1.7.3

The CustomPreLaunchChecks folder has an empty CustomPreLaunchChecks-.zip inside it. I'm guessing it's not meant to be there?

Running on 1.7.3 with KSC Extended and I seem to have lost the rest of the KSC using this new version.

Edited by madindehead

3 hours ago, madindehead said:

The CustomPreLaunchChecks folder has an empty CustomPreLaunchChecks-.zip inside it. I'm guessing it's not meant to be there?

Running on 1.7.3 with KSC Extended and I seem to have lost the rest of the KSC using this new version.

that was a mistake of my packaging. 

I need a log file, as I it's running fine on my side. 

7 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

What are custom prelaunch checks?

This are checks that you can define for launchsites, that are not in stock ksp.

KK can restrict sites to have size weight and part limits. 

Any other check, like the availability of some resources could be possible too.

12 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Nah, still getting errors. Log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qiVYgFzFnQw6RtMuEqXIpfRc5iGDh0j/view?usp=sharing

One of the errors I'm seeing:

[ERR 09:03:01.820] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: CustomPreLaunchChecks, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 09:03:01.821] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: CustomPreLaunchChecks, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 09:03:01.827] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KerbalKonstructs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.Core.LaunchSiteChecks' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchSizeCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchMassCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchPartCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Going to try it on a stock install quickly. It's probably a mod interaction causing me problems. 

Update: Stock 1.7.3 is fine - not sure where the error is creeping in with my modded install - log should help with that (above). Will revert for now. 

Update: Stock 1.7.3 with only these mods: Kerbal Konstructs, OSSNTR, KSC Extended and Tundra Space Center. Made a new sandbox game and everything shows up before entering a building. When I leave a building only the stock buildings are there. Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vvFQHvfTe8diDqoBz_-232raLG1j-43X/view?usp=sharing

Definitely an error with Kerbal Konstructs in there. 

Edited by madindehead
Update on stock behavior.

2 hours ago, madindehead said:

Nah, still getting errors. Log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qiVYgFzFnQw6RtMuEqXIpfRc5iGDh0j/view?usp=sharing

One of the errors I'm seeing:

[ERR 09:03:01.820] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: CustomPreLaunchChecks, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 09:03:01.821] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: CustomPreLaunchChecks, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 09:03:01.827] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KerbalKonstructs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KerbalKonstructs.Core.LaunchSiteChecks' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchSizeCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchMassCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KKPrelaunchPartCheck' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Going to try it on a stock install quickly. It's probably a mod interaction causing me problems. 

Update: Stock 1.7.3 is fine - not sure where the error is creeping in with my modded install - log should help with that (above). Will revert for now. 

Update: Stock 1.7.3 with only these mods: Kerbal Konstructs, OSSNTR, KSC Extended and Tundra Space Center. Made a new sandbox game and everything shows up before entering a building. When I leave a building only the stock buildings are there. Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vvFQHvfTe8diDqoBz_-232raLG1j-43X/view?usp=sharing

Definitely an error with Kerbal Konstructs in there. 

You installed the custom pre-launch checks mod from the zip? It is in there because kerbal konstructs requires this mod as a requirement. 

Definitely something going on, but doesn't seem to be a new 'bug' but a compatibility issue regarding something else. I also 1.7.3 also had nothing showing up any longer at KSC. Went back to 1.7.0.3 and everything is back again at first, but after entering buildings and doing back to KSC it likewise only shows sock not the enhancements.

Edited by JeffreyCor

2 hours ago, Dux Aquila said:

None of the KK-dependent mods work for me (KSC+, Kerbinside continued, Kerbincity, KSC Floodlight and Kosmodrome). Only stock buildings are shown

which Version of Kerbal Konstructs? Have you a folder CustomPrelaunchChecks in the GameData folder?

On 8/24/2019 at 12:38 PM, Ger_space said:

You installed the custom pre-launch checks mod from the zip? It is in there because kerbal konstructs requires this mod as a requirement. 

Yup. I always copy the mod folders from inside GameData. Wish I could do more testing but I'm away from home and only got my laptop with me. Loading takes longer than on the desktop.

Just have to report that the same thing happened to me. I use kerbinside along KK, and updating the mod made me lose everything. Not even KK's UI is showing up anymore.

I had the whole  thing from CKAN, I will try to unistall the whole thing and do it again manually. Then I'll report my findings. 

I just installed the latest version with the older Space X Barge mod.  This is a minor issue probably due to this older mod.  Other than that, it appears to work.

When adding the barge Facility type, I chose recovery base, but there is not box to enter the tracking distance.  I assume it defaults to zero, and that is makes it invisible from the KSC tracking station. 

I have a work-around.  I dropped a probe core on the barge, and I can see it from the KSC tracking station.

(Also, I am running KSP 1.61 with RO and RSS.)

Thanks for the mod,,

Rich

2 hours ago, richl11 said:

I just installed the latest version with the older Space X Barge mod.  This is a minor issue probably due to this older mod.  Other than that, it appears to work.

When adding the barge Facility type, I chose recovery base, but there is not box to enter the tracking distance.  I assume it defaults to zero, and that is makes it invisible from the KSC tracking station. 

I have a work-around.  I dropped a probe core on the barge, and I can see it from the KSC tracking station.

(Also, I am running KSP 1.61 with RO and RSS.)

Thanks for the mod,,

Rich

tracking distance is not needed for Recovery bases. They will show up on the map according to your settings. open the kk menu on in the map-view. then you might set it visible.

8 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Just have to report that the same thing happened to me. I use kerbinside along KK, and updating the mod made me lose everything. Not even KK's UI is showing up anymore.

I had the whole  thing from CKAN, I will try to unistall the whole thing and do it again manually. Then I'll report my findings. 

6 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Also have no KK after updating to 1.7.3.1 including no toolbar icon (of course the entire zip contents were installed). 1.7.0.3 is functional with the KK update being the only change.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yhob8ismj6m15w/output_log.txt?dl=0

maybe ckan is messing up your install and not extracting the new dependency. Thats a CKAN issue and not one from KK itself. 

I feel I must point out @Ger_space that posting this issues is not intended to be "nagging", but rather, trying to help by fleshing out possible issues.

That load order thing... it could be just that. With all my mods I am used to read in the loading screen that MM has loaded close to 20k items. When i I updated KK it fell to 17k and change. Then I deleted KK, kerbinside (plus GAP) and the reading actually RISED to 18k and change!

Edited by Daniel Prates

3 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Hello,

Thank you for all the bugreports. It turned out, that mods are not always are loaded in the expected order. I tried to fix that with the following release, but I cannot test that. 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.3.2

Please test it out and report back how its working now.

Did quick test with 1.7.3.2. KK loads on this one and enhancements to KSC are present in space center view and flight. :)

17 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Hello,

Thank you for all the bugreports. It turned out, that mods are not always are loaded in the expected order. I tried to fix that with the following release, but I cannot test that. 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.3.2

Please test it out and report back how its working now.

Will test later tonight/tomorrow but it sounds like it's fixed. Thanks :)

For some reason since I've moved to 1.7.3, I never get the KK option on the toolbar and Ctrl+K wont work. If I downgrade to 1.6.1 it works fine. Is there any new dependencies? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

8 hours ago, SirMimbo said:

For some reason since I've moved to 1.7.3, I never get the KK option on the toolbar and Ctrl+K wont work. If I downgrade to 1.6.1 it works fine. Is there any new dependencies? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

See post by Ger_Space 4 posts above yours. There is a new version with new dependency CustomPrelaunchChecks. Don't use CKAN. Go manual. CKAN did not install correctly for me.