[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

9 hours ago, DrunkenSlav said:

This doesn't help me at all. I've tried running with only KK, and i still crash.

if you have a drop box, i can send you the output_log.txt if you'd like.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/issues

This is my favorite place for bug reports. You can also upload the log file there. 

Most of the crashes come from a mod which does add extra loading screens. 

Edited by Ger_space
Fix broken link

An other weekend is coming, so you get something new to play: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.2.9.5

Changes since last prerelease:

* Added a new Facility Type: Merchant: You can select which resources you want to trade at a static object. All defined resources could be traded. Look in the facility editor, it should be self explaining.

* Added a new StaticModule: GrasColor

MODULE
	{
		name = GrasColor
		namespace = KerbalKonstructs
		GrasMeshName = FlagQuad // The gras transform name			
		GrasTextureImage = KerbalKonstructs/Assets/Textures/BW_grass_1
		// Optional Parameters
		// UsePQSColor = true // We can use a Lighting depending render of the surface a the computed color from the PQS. 
		// UseNormalMap = false // Use additional normal maps
		// GrasTextureNormalMap = Some/Path/to/Image
	}

It can be used to adjust named meshes of an part to the Color of the underground. 

When UsePQSColor is "true" (default), the color is set by computing the color through the planet setup.
When set to "false" render image of the undergound is used. (it would use also the color of other structures, but is more accuate) (

Feedback to the operation modes would be wlecome. maybe I must but the switch of the operation mode into to instance of an object, feedback is very welcome. 

The Color Value is set in the config of the static instance, so it can be edited manually after its saved. 

Future plans: 

* Make a internal wrapper layer so all FuelTanks are automaticly converted to the new Merchant Type uppon load
* Make a WareHouse Facility Type where you can store defined (or all) resources. (I have not yet put much thoughts into this) 

Edited by Ger_space

1 minute ago, RocketSimplicity said:

Hi, i'm having issues placing down the Squad KSC 2 launchpad, well, not really. More of trying to make it a launchsite, because it the button stays transparent...

thats by design. I honestly don't know If the KSC2 launchpad has a usable transform, so it could be a launchsite. I'll dig into it. maybe I find it and can make a new release.

@Ger_space Seriously love what you've done with this mod.  The terrain decals are genius, and I've got a ton of ideas for use cases.

Quick question - do you think they'll work off-world?  I'm tempted to try it, but I also don't want to temp the Kraken, and with the way my luck is going this year, I'll place one on mun and smoke will pour out of my monitor.  Safer to ask.  For that matter, will any of the statics work off-world?

1 minute ago, MaxPeck said:

@Ger_space Seriously love what you've done with this mod.  The terrain decals are genius, and I've got a ton of ideas for use cases.

Quick question - do you think they'll work off-world?  I'm tempted to try it, but I also don't want to temp the Kraken, and with the way my luck is going this year, I'll place one on mun and smoke will pour out of my monitor.  Safer to ask.  For that matter, will any of the statics work off-world?

Sure, everything should work on any planet. if it's a stock or alternate solarsystem it doesn't matter. The waterlaunch statics from the SM-Marine are placed offworld.

!!

Ok.  We need offworld statics.  Building KSC on mun wouldn't look right, but how awesome would domes and stuff look?  Offworld landing pads... shielded settlements... the possibilities are endless...

How hard would this be to implement?  Are statics hard to make?  I have some 3d modeling experience in Blender, but I've never tried my hand at building KSP assets.  Would it be less complicated than making parts and props?

4 minutes ago, MaxPeck said:

!!

Ok.  We need offworld statics.  Building KSC on mun wouldn't look right, but how awesome would domes and stuff look?  Offworld landing pads... shielded settlements... the possibilities are endless...

How hard would this be to implement?  Are statics hard to make?  I have some 3d modeling experience in Blender, but I've never tried my hand at building KSP assets.  Would it be less complicated than making parts and props?

the statics are just normal 3d models, but are a lot bigger than normal parts. here is a good link about the challenges of making statics: bac9 dev post

you should also ask @Omega482, he could privide a lot more insight, because he is currently the most active modder in creating static objects. 

You could also ask the owner of this mod of you can reuse his models as Statics for Kerbal Konstructs: All you need to do is profide new configfiles.

Edited by Ger_space

4 hours ago, RocketSimplicity said:

Hi, i'm having issues placing down the Squad KSC 2 launchpad, well, not really. More of trying to make it a launchsite, because it the button stays transparent...

I found the transform I can use as a spawnpoint, so it will be usable as a launchsite from the next beta. I just want to finish some other parts I'm workin on. You need a defined point in each model from where you can spawn the object. Kerbin-Sides KSC2 was a hack with a empty object to get it working. 

Hello everyone!! I have a question, it may be a kind of mistake, it turns out that when I start the game with this mod all my bases that I have created are underground. That's why I do not understand if it's a mod error or it can be fixed in some way

Edited by Cavgrei 14 :D

2 hours ago, Cavgrei 14 :D said:

Hello everyone!! I have a question, it may be a kind of mistake, it turns out that when I start the game with this mod all my bases that I have created are underground. That's why I do not understand if it's a mod error or it can be fixed in some way

I guess you use a resale mod. Sigma dimensions? 

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

I guess you use a resale mod. Sigma dimensions? 

it's more likely that he has a planet pack that changes the geography of kerbin rather than SD

with SD the most likely issue is having buildings spread around on a bigger area

8 hours ago, Cavgrei 14 :D said:

I have installed the RSS with the Sigma Dimensions and yes kerbal is a bit rescaled as well as having the texture pack of the earth that I think is the Sigma Dimensions that installed it. In this case what would you recommend? 

Use a Stock Kerbin or a normal planet pack like GPP or rss. The own mixture of planet mods is not supported by this mod due to historical reasonon how the assets are configured. Changing this is on @Sigma88 wishlist, but This is very frustrating work.

Hi,

I created a new experimental release: 

@Sigma88 This release should play nicer with Sigma dimensions. KK tries to figure out the SD settings by looking at the KSC height and body radius and then converts the Absolut altitude to a relative altitude above terrain. if KK2SD moves them later they will keep thier height above terrain. 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.2.9.7

Changes (since last release):

==4Modders==

* Added a AdcanedTextures StaticModule (completly untested)
* Support for builtin textures (in AdcancedTextures and GrasColor) with BUILTIN:/ as a prefix  (BUILTIN:/ksc_exterior_terrain_ground)
* made the reference system of statics configurable: Either heiph above sphere or height above terrain
* most of the Stock KSC Assets have now the GrasColor Module builtin. They should now look better when plance on Sand/Snow/Duna :-) (still working on some parts, but this will be fixed)
* KSC2 is now usable as a launchSite

==Normal Players==

* rewrote the launchsite selector. The defaultbase for VAB and SPH is now saved in the savegame and is persistend (this was not because of the "Dull Spot cry babies" but I needed to change the code anyway and the old code was ugly, so it was time to give it a makeover)
* rewrote the activation of statics. all statics in a group are made visible at once. The minimum visiblility range is the packing range, so this should fix the kosmodrome. It should also be less resource intensive during flight ad sould improve scene switching times.
* FuelTanks are now automaticly converted to Merchants who sell Fuel, Oxidizer and Monopropellant at normal rates.
* Reworked the vessel recovery: 1. No more launch refunds 2. All (open) Bases have 100% recovery factor 3. All (open) Bases are able to recover at the same range as the KSC with the same dimishing returns. 4. A vessel Landed within 2500m of an open base is refunded 100% (The old way was not very fun to play and had inconsitancies of the recovered values)
* fixed the custom recovery window to display the right values.

Note: Static Modules can be defined multiple times with diffrent parameters for one model, so be creative. 

the parameters of the AdvancesTextures StaticModule. 

MODULE
	{

// required parameters
		name = AdvancedTextures
		namespace = KerbalKonstructs

// Optional Parameters, but you should pick at least one
		newShader = 
		transforms = Any
         _MainTex =           // texture
         _BumpMap =           // normal map
         _ParallaxMap =       // height map
         _Emissive =          // legacy shader  U4 name for emissive map
         _EmissionMap =       // U5 std shader name for emissive map
         _MetallicGlossMap =  // U5 metallic (standard shader)
         _OcclusionMap =      // ambient occlusion
         _SpecGlossMap =      // U5 metallic (standard shader - spec gloss setup)

}

Outlook:

I wanted to create a warehouse facility, but did anything else. 

Edited by Ger_space
forgot to mention the KSC2

5 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

This release should play nicer with Sigma dimensions. KK tries to figure out the SD settings by looking at the KSC height and body radius and then converts the Absolut altitude to a relative altitude above terrain. if KK2SD moves them later they will keep thier height above terrain.

I don't know what you mean by that, but anything that changes the altitude in an unexpected way is probably going to mess up SD

I haven't tried yet, but I don't plan to take a look to SD before 1.4 hits since I have other stuff on my list for 1.3.1

I will let you know if I have time to test prior to that :)

Just now, Sigma88 said:

I don't know what you mean by that, but anything that changes the altitude in an unexpected way is probably going to mess up SD

I haven't tried yet, but I don't plan to take a look to SD before 1.4 hits since I have other stuff on my list for 1.3.1

I will let you know if I have time to test prior to that :)

I mean thas KK2SD doesn't have to deal with the altitude anymore.

Just now, Ger_space said:

I mean thas KK2SD doesn't have to deal with the altitude anymore.

KKtoSD never had anything to do with altitude

it's just an automated way to load "groups" definitions into SD.

SD is going to change the altitude of all statics, I went through a lot of trouble to make it work correctly since none of the KSP features to read terrain altitude work properly, I had to write my own using raycasts.

as far as I know the only issues are not with altitude itself, but with how groups are defined, which require a bit of fiddling around because KK groups are sometimes to big to be rescaled together

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

KKtoSD never had anything to do with altitude

it's just an automated way to load "groups" definitions into SD.

SD is going to change the altitude of all statics, I went through a lot of trouble to make it work correctly since none of the KSP features to read terrain altitude work properly, I had to write my own using raycasts.

as far as I know the only issues are not with altitude itself, but with how groups are defined, which require a bit of fiddling around because KK groups are sometimes to big to be rescaled together

OK, then I think I brok SD again. :-( 

the terrain altitude is easy to get with: there is no need to use a raycast. 

(CelestialBody.pqsController.GetSurfaceHeight(RadialPosition) - CelestialBody.pqsController.radius)

Just now, Ger_space said:

OK, then I think I brok SD again. :-( 

the terrain altitude is easy to get with: there is no need to use a raycast. 

(CelestialBody.pqsController.GetSurfaceHeight(RadialPosition) - CelestialBody.pqsController.radius)

yeah that would be nice, except it doesn't work :D

it gives a number which is in the ballpark of what you need but isn't exactly where the terrain is

some regions are more messed up than others, but it's very apparent in some cases