[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

51 minutes ago, RocketSimplicity said:

I think you should stop working on making this for 1.4 because I think the patches will keep on coming and the mod would be for an old version within a week... wait until maybe 1.4.3 or 4

I think the minor patches aren't going to change much and the 1.4.x code will still be good once it works.

I apologize if this is a repeat question as I have read a couple pages back, but whenever someone states theres a problem you question them on if they have the DLC. Does the DLC break or fix KK? I do not have the DLC but I can launch KK, and I can choose a runway but I always end up taking off from KSC, I'm pretty sure someone posted this though.

26 minutes ago, NiAlCa said:

I apologize if this is a repeat question as I have read a couple pages back, but whenever someone states theres a problem you question them on if they have the DLC. Does the DLC break or fix KK? I do not have the DLC but I can launch KK, and I can choose a runway but I always end up taking off from KSC, I'm pretty sure someone posted this though.

My understanding is that KK is not up and ready for 1.4* at all. DLC (Making History) is based on 1.4.

30 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

My understanding is that KK is not up and ready for 1.4* at all. DLC (Making History) is based on 1.4.

Ah alright, thank you. I was ready to buy the expansion just to play with this mod again :sticktongue:

Hi guys.

So I am experimenting with this mod and tried to place stuff on the sun/Kerbol. Didn't worked out for now. Is it even possible in the current version of the mod?

And where can I find some people that would like to create a Space Elevator static model. Just one really long and thin tube. :D

I already made one, but had to place ovcer 400 shorter tubes.

Edited by Space Scumbag

10 minutes ago, Space Scumbag said:

So I am experimenting with this mod and tried to place stuff on the sun/Kerbol. Didn't worked out for now. Is it even possible in the current version of the mod?

I've managed to place stuff on most of the rocky bodys using KK, but like Jool i dont think the kerbal sun has a surface as such, so  placing statics may be not possible.

10 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Hi guys.

And where can I find some people that would like to create a Space Elevator static model. Just one really long and thin tube. :D

I already made one, but had to place ovcer 400 shorter tubes.

400 pieces, that's a lot to build. 

As long your are in the SOI of a planet your Aptos new able to place a static there. It only gets very difficult if you are moving, because sone distances are not constant and you get inaccurate measurements of you are far away.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, Beetlecat said:

A fond dream would be to utilize the functionality of @allista's Hangar [Or does this already? I often forget what's what with these wonderfully elaborate mods]

On 5/13/2017 at 1:44 AM, Ger_space said:

I have no idea, if this will work, but I look into it.. 

Did anything ever come of this idea? Being able to actually store craft in the decorative KK hangars would be fantastic.

35 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Did anything ever come of this idea? Being able to actually store craft in the decorative KK hangars would be fantastic.

Piggybacking on this idea would be to make sure mods like Kerbal Construction Time could utilize the new KK locations as "manufacturing" spots for building/launching. KCT already respects the new stock pad & airfield. Hopefully KK in 1.4+ would add-to or sit on top of that.

48 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

ehm, KK has such a feature, but its not very comfortable to use.  This could need some rework. 

9 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Piggybacking on this idea would be to make sure mods like Kerbal Construction Time could utilize the new KK locations as "manufacturing" spots for building/launching. KCT already respects the new stock pad & airfield. Hopefully KK in 1.4+ would add-to or sit on top of that.

in 1.3.1 KTC is able to utilize the KK launchSites as construction sites. In 1.4.X this might be broken again, but maybe we can fix this or we only use the MH-Expansion for it. 

14 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

ehm, KK has such a feature, but its not very comfortable to use.  This could need some rework. 

in 1.3.1 KTC is able to utilize the KK launchSites as construction sites. In 1.4.X this might be broken again, but maybe we can fix this or we only use the MH-Expansion for it. 

Splendid!

I'm late to the KCT game, so I never experimented in 1.3.1 -- Good to know that may be a no-brainer. This also "solves" the hangar problem, since craft are recovered and stored using KCT's system. It would be up to KCT to care whether or not we have a global/planetary pool (like now) or to store them by location.

Hangar does a different thing to store craft -- including "creating" them in asteroids, etc. Asteroids are a special case, but I wonder if Hangar could be used to "colonize" KK's statics.

Hi There,

I've updated the beta release for 1.4.X

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.0.0

this should make the launchsites usable more than once.

Other changes:

* Fixed the warp to next morning button on altered planets

* Added experimental sound support for animations https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/StaticModule:-AnimateOnClick

<scrambles to download KK beta>

Okay -- I've fired it up, and even dropped in KerbinSide for "fun" -- though I may pull it down, since it makes the system drag, and there are tons of visual glitches for me. I do see what you mean about the hangars. I guess I never tried them before. Once I figured out  you need to *get out* of the craft, I was able to store them easily. Retrieving seemed trickier. I was also able to accidentally duplicate the craft by selecting it from the tracking station (it was still listed as an active flight) -- but I don't know that's cared about/being worked on right now :)

Edited by Beetlecat

15 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

<scrambles to download KK beta>

Okay -- I've fired it up, and even dropped in KerbinSide for "fun" -- though I may pull it down, since it makes the system drag, and there are tons of visual glitches for me. I do see what you mean about the hangars. I guess I never tried them before. Once I figured out  you need to *get out* of the craft, I was able to store them easily. Retrieving seemed trickier. I was also able to accidentally duplicate the craft by selecting it from the tracking station (it was still listed as an active flight) -- but I don't know that's cared about/being worked on right now :)

I know the hangars need some love. The Code behind it is all from a time before I took over KK, so my knowledge about how they work is pretty limited. As soon I have included all the expansion features in KK I will look in at the "Hangars" mod how to do them right. 

On the good side: It looks like KTC will continue to work with KK even in 1.4.X. I only need to be carefull not to dublicate the bases in its list

Hi, I just added KK to GPP. Works great except when I added Rescale 2.5x. Now the launch site components are spread out and not connected. It looks like the components didn't change in size, but their relative position did. 

Is there a fix? I'd prefer to keep the components their normal size but have them moved back together.

Thanks for the help!

oYNxbhi.png