[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

16 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

@Nightside

Is Kerbin still round or flat? I don't know how the pqs system internally works. 

The Decal is flat, so the corners will stick up a bit. However, I offset the whole thing into the ground a few meters to get water into the river. 

But I couldn’t actually tell if the corners stuck out because my png wasn’t square, which caused some graphic issues that are not shown in the pictures. The game fills in the file to be a square with white space, which of course show up as high cliff on either side of the decal.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That looks mightily impressive,  something i've not been able to crack,  so whats the secret to getting even the basics working?

The short course is this:

1. Find a elevation map somewhere. Here is a 530x530 pixel Grand Canyon I found. I've converted mine to .png format (not sure if its necessary to do so). Save the image as Canyon.png

2. Write a config.

KK_DecalsMap
{
	Name = Canyon  //Whatever
	Image = Canyon  //match file name, without suffix
	UseAsHeighMap = true
}

3.  Put into the game more or less like a normal static, but,

Go somewhere far from any existing KK stuff. When the ground surface changes you could lose your craft.

- Set radius really big, like 100000 m

- Grand canyon is about a mile deep so set HeightMapDeformity to something like 2000m

4. Press save to put it in the game. Mess around with various other settings such as offset to get water in bottom of the canyon and try changing the color map to Lava.

ADVANCED:

Apparently there are some easy to use tools for the game Cities:Skylines (I've never played it) which allow you to create height maps of any place on Earth, however I couldn't get them to work.

I used ArcGIS or ( or the free QGIS ) to download medium resolution raster data, then exported that as a tiny png. If you aren't familiar with GIS, I won't be able to explain what you need to do at the moment its probably best to stick to googling for height maps of landmarks. If people are interested I could write a tutorial.

Would it be possible to add an ability to move all grouped statics at once? When trying to place statics for resized planets it would make things immeasurably easier to be able to move the entire base. Sometimes a good spot on the stock system ends up in the middle of the sea. Being able to move it a few hundred metres in one go, instead of having to do so for each individual static would make a huge difference.

anyone else having the research facility GUI not displaying properly? The log is putting something about a Null reference exception. 

From a clean 1.4.5 game, but also present in my modded 1.4.3 (i would've tested it with a clean 1.4.3, but I don't have one of those at the moment.)

Spoiler

[EXC 04:05:25.240] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.ProductionGUI.ProductionInterface (KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance selectedFacility, System.String facilityType)
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.FacilityManager.drawFacilityManagerWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

The modded game also had an issue with the hangar not detecting nearby craft nor reflecting changes I made to the total number of allowed stored craft and their max weight per craft.  couldn't find anything in the log that seemed to reference that, however.

Are either of these known issues?

3 hours ago, SquaadZulu said:

I got the statics in by installing the original Kerbinside, but now, when I land a plane on a runway I spawned in, the plane just self destructs. Can someone help me? I'm running out of Jeb Clones.

You should turn on the collides when placing a new runway or restart ksp before using a new runway. 

Its time to update Kerbal Konstrucs:  1.4.5.0

Changes:

• Stock Squad buildings now have lower energy bills. (they turn off thier lights during the day)
  • KK building now behave in the SC view and you can no longer click through active GUI windows
  • added functional water surface support for statics (this will 100% NOT work when Kopernikus is installed)
  • added support for material switching (in the AdvancedTexture Static Module)
  • the launchsite selector no longer crashes if you deleted the config of the last used launchsite.
  • Fixes a spelling error in the DishAnimate module (Its now RotationTransform and not RotationTrasform (missing "n"). It still accepts the wrong spelling.
  • Fixes a Bug in the PQS Editor. Now the NewInstances Directory is created when savong a PQSMod
  • Made the MobileLaunchPad and Desert Airfield usable as LaunchSites
  • Added the Desert Airfield Statics into the Statics Database as seperate objects
  • Fixed a bug in the Research Facility window

Floating and Material Switching Test: (the water uses the water material (texture + shader) from the KSC pool)

lxuF52J.png

Desert assets (only available when expansion is installed)

Fo3dHrB.png

When someone is interested in using the water feature, I can provide the test asset and the original fbx model for it. 

24 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

When someone is interested in using the water feature, I can provide the test asset and the original fbx model for it. 

Yeah ok , GIVE :) ,  it's an ancient charter that i must try out new KK stuff ,

26 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Its time to update Kerbal Konstrucs

Thank you for the official update and new toys

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yeah ok , GIVE :) ,  it's an ancient charter that i must try out new KK stuff ,

Thank you for the official update and new toys

Here is the WaterTank. It can be made a launch-site. When used as a waterlaunch, it actually drops the pod into to water (So you see the water effect) 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Assets/blob/master/WaterTank.zip?raw=true

If you have questions, just ask.

8 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Not sure if this is just me, but whenever i select a new launchsite it loads into kerbin city. (As i have that instaled) i dont know if this is a problem with KK or kerbin city.

how do you select a new launchsite? 

18 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Not sure if this is just me, but whenever i select a new launchsite it loads into kerbin city.

Hi  there've been a couple of small but significant changes to the launch selector ,  In previous/older versions  launch site selection was a one time deal.  

Select launch site , launch craft appear at launch site.  Return to hangar and launch without setting and you would end up at the runway again, not the last launch site used. 

However now when you select launch site , that launch site will remain selected until you fully  select a new  different one  .  You MUST  select the launch site you wish to use from the list  AND from the bottom of the gui click the big  use launch site button,  if you don't do this , you will be back at the previously selected site .