Ger_space

[1.7.3] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.7.3.0 - 22.Aug.2019

Recommended Posts

@Angel-125 Here is the Test-Release to keep you the weekend busy: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.1

BugFixes

  • Put the sound cube collider into a different layer, so it doesn't interfere with KSP 1.4.X anymore.

For Modders

  • New Feature: static objects can be savegame persistent. (only in the game they are spawned, and saved in the persistance .sfs
  • New Feature: a "reduced feature set" statics editor, which can be called through a API call. (limited range of 250m from the vessel spawning the static)
  • New Feature: Some API Calls for adding and removing Statics, which a saved in the persistance sfs
  • New Feature: StaticModels can be hidden from the normal editor with isHidden = true in the model .cfg

internal

  • All statics have now a unique ID, that is used when saving and loading persistance information. This speeds up level KK related scene loading times by 50%

 

The API can be found here: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/External-API

and the Code: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/blob/master/src/ExternalAPI/API.cs

 

If someone has more wishes for extra API calls, please feel free to talk to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 3:17 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Also can the ability to shown destructed buildings be made an option? I was actually using the fact that destructed objects are not shown to replace the Tier 1 tracking dish with an animated version. Or is there now a way for me to properly remove the dish static from the KSC?

@Ger_space still looking for info on this. Back on KSP 1.3.1 I could have this tracking dish in place of the one I destroyed. Is there a way I can remove the destroyed dish?

6Y6Ugoj.png

Also @SpannerMonkey(smce) or anyone else modeling (wish @Omega482 would come back :( ) - could we get some runway lights similar to what is on the Lvl3 runway? I want to upgrade to Lvl2 but also be able to have night lighting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Ger_space still looking for info on this. Back on KSP 1.3.1 I could have this tracking dish in place of the one I destroyed. Is there a way I can remove the destroyed dish?

6Y6Ugoj.png

Also @SpannerMonkey(smce) or anyone else modeling (wish @Omega482 would come back :( ) - could we get some runway lights similar to what is on the Lvl3 runway? I want to upgrade to Lvl2 but also be able to have night lighting

Ohh I totally overlooked your post. I think I fixed a bug ( that the destroyed buildings are not shown) and you abused it. :D

The bugfix cannot be made optional, because the changes have been not that small.. 

How about a mod that replaces the lv1 dish with a animated version. 

whicg dish you want there instead? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

How about a mod that replaces the lv1 dish with a animated version.  

before we go that far, have you considered some way to exclude default static objects? If I could just remove the dish... it would make it easier for people to remove and replace other KSC objects as well rather than having to just build a new base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, Ger_space said:
  • Made the MobileLaunchPad and Desert Airfield usable as LaunchSites
  • Added the Desert Airfield Statics into the Statics Database as seperate objects

Awesome thanks for your work!

im also interested in trying the water feature.

can you elaborate on why the water is incompatible with Kopernicus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nightside said:

Awesome thanks for your work!

im also interested in trying the water feature.

can you elaborate on why the water is incompatible with Kopernicus?

Kopernikus replaces the stock water partmodule with its own version.

I currently access only the stock version, because it was easy to do. 

If the water support is something that will see Some usage,  i will reconsider fixing it for kopernikus, but for now, there are is only one asset using it. ( Which is my low quality water tank) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Kopernikus replaces the stock water partmodule with its own version.

I currently access only the stock version, because it was easy to do. 

If the water support is something that will see Some usage,  i will reconsider fixing it for kopernikus, but for now, there are is only one asset using it. ( Which is my low quality water tank) 

 

This mod works in general though with Kopernicus right? If not it means you basically can't use this with any texture enhancement mod....at least not the ones I am aware of. They all seem to have it as a dependancy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

before we go that far, have you considered some way to exclude default static objects? If I could just remove the dish... it would make it easier for people to remove and replace other KSC objects as well rather than having to just build a new base

I'll try to make a small mod that does this. The is no same way I could make this configurable writing kk, because it doesn't have a global configuration anymore. ( All went to the save games) 

Just give me a few days ( and a good icon for indicating a Vessel-recovery-base  )

 

4 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

This mod works in general though with Kopernicus right? If not it means you basically can't use this with any texture enhancement mod....at least not the ones I am aware of. They all seem to have it as a dependancy....

Most of the time it will work, until it doesn't. 

I usually don't test it, because it increases the loading time considerable and the user base is very small. 

I know that GPP and rss work with kk, so most features are working, only one thing is currently incompatible, but that is noone using right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

 

 

Most of the time it will work, until it doesn't. 

I usually don't test it, because it increases the loading time considerable and the user base is very small. 

I know that GPP and rss work with kk, so most features are working, only one thing is currently incompatible, but that is noone using right now.

Nah, I just mean clouds and stuff. I thought about some of the planet packs or real solar system, but that seems to cause too many problems for too many mods, so I don't bother changing things that much....

I just meant it works in general as long you are installing kopernicus because EVE or some other thing with clouds requires it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

Nah, I just mean clouds and stuff. I thought about some of the planet packs or real solar system, but that seems to cause too many problems for too many mods, so I don't bother changing things that much....

I just meant it works in general as long you are installing kopernicus because EVE or some other thing with clouds requires it.....

Clouds require the EVE mod not Kopernicus. All these mods do work together, but you may need a very powerful computer to use more than 1 or two at the same time.

@Ger_space, I’m curious about the water, but I’m in no rush. I still need to get some time to make more  map decals of real terrain.

Edited by Nightside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Just give me a few days ( and a good icon for indicating a Vessel-recovery-base  )

Thanks, no rush tho I still have my KSP 1.3.1 setup if I need to take photos of that area but I don't expect to have to anytime soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nightside said:

Clouds require the EVE mod not Kopernicus. All these mods do work together, but you may need a very powerful computer to use more than 1 or two at the same time.

@Ger_space, I’m curious about the water, but I’m in no rush. I still need to get some time to make more  map decals of real terrain.

Maybe I'll add some fake water area assets. It's not that difficult ( even for my non existing artistic skills) 

( two big flat quads and a very big trigger collider beneath it, so deep how the water souls be) 

If you need it larger, use scaling. I think I'll make a square and one round version. The edges can be buried in the hills, so no need to be very accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every now and then I get messages saying that a craft can't be launched. Trying a few times usually manages to get the craft loaded to the selected base, but for some reason, the toolbar ends up with several duplicated icons as well. Is this a known issue?

Edit:
Also, should old statics still work with the new release? They seem to have all disappeared.

Also, Ctrl+K doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Every now and then I get messages saying that a craft can't be launched. Trying a few times usually manages to get the craft loaded to the selected base, but for some reason, the toolbar ends up with several duplicated icons as well. Is this a known issue?

Edit:
Also, should old statics still work with the new release? They seem to have all disappeared.

Also, Ctrl+K doesn't seem to work.

You know that there is a pinned thread in this subforum: how to get support?

Also the had been several people with the same problem ( wrong ksp version)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Also @SpannerMonkey(smce) or anyone else modeling (wish @Omega482 would come back :( ) - could we get some runway lights similar to what is on the Lvl3 runway? I want to upgrade to Lvl2 but also be able to have night lighting

Ooops maybe I should have pinged @Eskandare instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Thanks, no rush tho I still have my KSP 1.3.1 setup if I need to take photos of that area but I don't expect to have to anytime soon

How about animating the existing lv1 dishes? That i managed to Implement right now.

Edited by Ger_space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

How about animating the existing lv1 dishes? That i managed to Implement right now.

yea, that would work. All I was doing was replacing them with scaled-down versions of the ground stations dishes so they would animate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nightside said:

Clouds require the EVE mod not Kopernicus. All these mods do work together, but you may need a very powerful computer to use more than 1 or two at the same time.

@Ger_space, I’m curious about the water, but I’m in no rush. I still need to get some time to make more  map decals of real terrain.

Yeah and Astronomer's visual pack requires EVE for clouds AND Kopernicus. That's what I mean by visual mods. Pretty sure SVE does too, or the SciFi one, or GEA.....or any of them....

And I have a gaming rig and it's powerful 

Edited by JoE Smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drew Kerman said:

yea, that would work. All I was doing was replacing them with scaled-down versions of the ground stations dishes so they would animate

Consider it done. Some small refinements on the angles, then they are moving as every other dish out there.

That I actually could back port to 1.3.1, is only a few lines of code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

for KSP 1.3.1

1.4.5 coming along soon as well? I just realized you may have read an earlier post of mine and thought I was still using KSP 1.3.1 - I'm sorry! What I was saying there is that if I needed to, while waiting for a fix in 1.4.5 I could return to 1.3.1 just to grab some photos. I already have the dishes replaced and animating fine in 1.3.1 what I need is for them to do it in 1.4.5 now too :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

1.4.5 coming along soon as well? I just realized you may have read an earlier post of mine and thought I was still using KSP 1.3.1 - I'm sorry! What I was saying there is that if I needed to, while waiting for a fix in 1.4.5 I could return to 1.3.1 just to grab some photos. I already have the dishes replaced and animating fine in 1.3.1 what I need is for them to do it in 1.4.5 now too :P

Oh Sorry, 

As soon I have a nice Icon for indicating Vessel-Recovery-Facilities I will release 1.4.5. Thats all what is holding me back.

I guess I will have that release by tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Also the had been several people with the same problem ( wrong ksp version)

2

For statics not appearing/ctl-k not working? I'm using 1.4.3, is that not supported? Or do you mean issues launching craft?

I can't see any errors in the logs for the latest version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a new release for KSP 1.4.5 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.2

 

 

New Features

  • You can visualize all recovery bases in the mapvew, so its easier to aim for one. (even the new recovery-only facilities)
  • The both dishes for of the lv1 tracking station are now animated

BugFixes

  • Put the sound cube collider into a different layer, so it doesn't interfere with KSP 1.4.X anymore.

For Modders

  • New Feature: static objects can be savegame persistent. (only in the game they are spawned, and saved in the persistance .sfs
  • New Feature: a "reduced feature set" statics editor, which can be called through a API call.
  • New Feature: Some API Calls for adding and removing Statics, which a saved in the persistance sfs
  • New Feature: StaticModels can be hidden from the normal editor with isHidden = true in the model .cfg
  • New Feature: New Facility type: RecoveryBase: Make a static a base for vessel recovery. No launchSite needed (think of a SpaceX Barge, you land there, you get 100% return) @damonvv you might like this
  • BugFix: AdracedTexture: Material replacement now works correctly on multiple transforms.
  • Added two water-surface statics. one round, one square. (FBX included)

internal

  • All statics have now a unique ID, that is used when saving and loading persistance information. This speeds up level KK related scene loading times by 50%

 

Basically its the 1.4.5.1 + the animated tracking dishes, two ready to use water surfaces and a proper icon for recovery bases. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.