[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

I figured since they are the same dishes this would apply also to the Lvl2 tracking station but it appears it does not

Ohh, they have the same problem? I never checked it, I was busy on other things... 

I will check the LV2 ones and extract the model of the LV3 for separate placement (as they are truely uniqe). 

40 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

extract the model of the LV3 for separate placement

oooh even better, now when I upgrade my tracking station I can do one dish at a time :) Thanks, yea the lvl2 uses the same dish model as lvl1 just placed differently. Since you animated the dish I figured that would apply to the lvl2 station as well so I never thought to mention it

Edited by Drew Kerman

Ah, thanks. I tried it on both the landing pad and the barge - I just set/added DefaultFacilityType = RecoveryBase in the cfg. Works on the landing pad, but not on the barge :/ Do they have to be new instances?

By the way, Ctrl+K stopped working for me as well when I installed KK 1.4.5.2. I'm on KSP 1.4.5. I just installed KAS 1.0 RC, could that interfere with KK?

11 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Ah, thanks. I tried it on both the landing pad and the barge - I just set/added DefaultFacilityType = RecoveryBase in the cfg. Works on the landing pad, but not on the barge :/ Do they have to be new instances?

By the way, Ctrl+K stopped working for me as well when I installed KK 1.4.5.2. I'm on KSP 1.4.5. I just installed KAS 1.0 RC, could that interfere with KK?

You should not edit configuration like this. You are missing the section for the facility. 

Set the entry to none and edit the statics with the kk editor.

KK crashed on startup, because the configuration ims in a state that normally should have never existed 

A new release is now ready: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.4

for everyone

• Changes the tooltip of the recovery bases to the FacilityName or the LaunchSite name
  • new Squad static to place: The lights of the desert runway (one section of them) are now a standalone static which can be placed anywhere (when expansion is installed)
  • the Mapview of the recovery bases now caches its contents, which is now slightly more resource friendly.

for modders

• Added API call for placing statics: PlaceStatic()
  • Added a trigger-CallBack StaticModule, where mods can register CallBack functions when a part enters the trigger collider.
  • Added API calls to register collider callback functions (OnEnter, OnStay and OnExit)
  • Statics: Editor: You can use the statics editor after you used the PQSMap editor
  • Statics: Editor: You can now enter most values with less problems and they are applied after pressing

internal

• Changed the Water-Floating StaticModule to use the CallBack StaticModule, so I have less duplicate code.

Here are the two new Statics that can be placed

U03gALL.png

Outlook: 

* Some(most/all) of the wishlist of @AdmiralTigerclaw  and @Bottle Rocketeer 500  I will break KerbalKonstrukt pretty badly, I only hope this release is mostly bug-free

If I try and launch without the KK window open the launch fails and the following error is logged:

[EXC 22:15:49.731] ArgumentNullException: UKP Chikan Airbase is not a valid Space Center Facility name!
Parameter name: pSystemFacility
	EditorEnumExtensions.GetFacility (.SpaceCenterFacility pSystemFacility)
	FlightDriver.setStartupNewVessel ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	FlightDriver:setStartupNewVessel()
	FlightDriver:Start()

Launching with the KK window open, even if nothing is changed or selected always seems to work.

My 1.4.3 install is using:

• Kerbal Konstructs v.1.4.3.3
  • Kerbin-Side Complete v.1.4.5 (recent CKAN update), and 
  • KerbinSide Core v.1.4.5
  • Kerbin Side GAP v.2.3 (prob not relevant)

I made a trip to Old KSC and my craft keeps exploding as I approach either runway from the South. It's like it hits an invisible wall. I hadn't tried landing at Old KSC before the KS update. Please let me know if you need additional info.

59 minutes ago, KraterKreator said:

I made a trip to Old KSC and my craft keeps exploding as I approach either runway from the South. It's like it hits an invisible wall. I hadn't tried landing at Old KSC before the KS update. Please let me know if you need additional info.

I think it could be a similar problem I saw work the carriers. 

Something in ksp1.4.x doesn't like the colliders anymore. 

I'll try to reproduce it and maybe I can convince the game to be more gentle to the approaching aircraft 

16 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

If I try and launch without the KK window open the launch fails and the following error is logged:

[EXC 22:15:49.731] ArgumentNullException: UKP Chikan Airbase is not a valid Space Center Facility name!
Parameter name: pSystemFacility
	EditorEnumExtensions.GetFacility (.SpaceCenterFacility pSystemFacility)
	FlightDriver.setStartupNewVessel ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	FlightDriver:setStartupNewVessel()
	FlightDriver:Start()

Launching with the KK window open, even if nothing is changed or selected always seems to work.

Which ksp version, which version of kk? 

2 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I think it could be a similar problem I saw work the carriers. 

Something in ksp1.4.x doesn't like the colliders anymore. 

I'll try to reproduce it and maybe I can convince the game to be more gentle to the approaching aircraft 

Which ksp version, which version of kk? 

Sorry. Currently:
KSP 1.4.5
KK 1.4.5.4

I have Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions installed as well with a custom 10x scale.

Though it appears in previous versions as well.

31 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Sorry. Currently:
KSP 1.4.5
KK 1.4.5.4

I have Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions installed as well with a custom 10x scale.

Though it appears in previous versions as well.

Yes, Its broken... I should mark Kerbin-Side depricated now, as I cannot fix that. (lack of original assets) 

Maybe its a good time to migrate to: Kerbin-Side Remastered. The bases are better looking and more resource friendly. I will contense some of the original assets or Kerbin-Side and maybe release some extension to remastered, but I cannot fix the KSC2. The Runway is toxic. Everything that touches it explodes. 

@Eskandare  is there anything you might want for KS-remastered? 

3 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Yes, Its broken... I should mark Kerbin-Side depricated now, as I cannot fix that. (lack of original assets) 

Maybe its a good time to migrate to: Kerbin-Side Remastered. The bases are better looking and more resource friendly. I will contense some of the original assets or Kerbin-Side and maybe release some extension to remastered, but I cannot fix the KSC2. The Runway is toxic. Everything that touches it explodes. 

@Eskandare  is there anything you might want for KS-remastered? 

We might be cross posting? I'm using Kerbin-side remastered instead of Kerbin Side. Though I remove all the pre-made bases because I'm building my own for a 10x rescale.

2 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

We might be cross posting? I'm using Kerbin-side remastered instead of Kerbin Side. Though I remove all the pre-made bases because I'm building my own for a 10x rescale.

sorry, I got confused. Your problem is different. Thats the Expansion-LaunchButtons not working... I'll look at this once more, but I guess I will remove the support for them completly. I spend more than 20 hours working on this and I'm fed up with the mess. Its not worth the trouble in any way.

I wanted to reply to this: 

1 hour ago, KraterKreator said:

I would love any quality launch sites added to the mod in general....

To be honest I'm not very good at using this mod, lol....but I do use this and Kerbin Side for the extra launch sites....

You can technically put them on the other planets too right? Or am I wrong about that?

Edited by JoE Smash

3 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I would love any quality launch sites added to the mod in general....

To be honest I'm not very good at using this mod, lol....but I do use this and Kerbin Side for the extra launch sites....

You can technically put them on the other planets too right? Or am I wrong about that?

Use Kerbin-side remastered for quality launchsites 

This mod will only provide the tools ( for compatibility and license reasons)

There is no technical limit that restricts this mod to Kerbin, but until recently there was no way to build something on other planets in a non cheating way.

Even then the launch should a rocket built on duna cost the same like one build on Kerbin?