[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

3 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@Ger_space Have you ever found the Tier0 KSC models and textures? I'm working on something and it would be perfect if I could use the barns and trailers setup.

There are things like this? I never knew, but sadly I didn't find any of them.

If they are really in the game, they are good hidden and not easy to find.

I didn't see anything in the docs on the wiki but is there a way to exclude the stock KSC buildings? Like for example if I wanted to upgrade to the Tier 3 tracking station but not have the big dishes is there anything I could do to remove them? In the past I would just destroy them but that KK bug has been fixed and now destroyed structures show up

18 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I didn't see anything in the docs on the wiki but is there a way to exclude the stock KSC buildings? Like for example if I wanted to upgrade to the Tier 3 tracking station but not have the big dishes is there anything I could do to remove them? In the past I would just destroy them but that KK bug has been fixed and now destroyed structures show up

You can define the buildings that will spawn, but I don't think it's part of kk. 

Custom barn kid is now the place for that. 

Modifications to the stock buildings will be another mod soon to cone. 

I'll want to throw out the code from kerbal konstructs, because it's not exactly somethig that should belong there.

8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

There are things like this? I never knew, but sadly I didn't find any of them.

If they are really in the game, they are good hidden and not easy to find.

https://imgur.com/a/G2sUx

This was originally going to be how KSC started, but there was a huge Reddit kerfuffle about Kerbals not being hicks and the barns/trailers looking horrible, so they removed it.

I know that none of them are loaded by default, so would be hard to find; but I'm unsure if they were ever even added to the actual game assets or not. They may still just be laying around on Squad's servers somewhere instead.

Maybe @RoverDude or @JPLRepo would know if they ever got put in.

This was originally going to be how KSC started, but there was a huge Reddit kerfuffle about Kerbals not being hicks and the barns/trailers looking horrible, so they removed it.

I know that none of them are loaded by default, so would be hard to find; but I'm unsure if they were ever even added to the actual game assets or not. They may still just be laying around on Squad's servers somewhere instead.

there was a devlog where they said they were going to rework it and ad it in 1.1, but that never happened.

i've never actually seen a squad member respond to anything about the tier 0 buildings so i assume they are trying to put it behind them.

I don't think they are redistributed anymore, but the windmills are now found at the desert Launchsite. 

Just now, AstralWither said:

how do i make a launchsite on another planet then?

1. Fly to the planet
  2. land there where you want the launchsite
  3. press ctrl + k
  4. create a GroupCenter and place it nearby
  5. spawn a Building that has a launchSite Transform definded... most assats like this have have self explaining names
  6. Place that building where you want it and press the "Make LaunchSite button"
  7. Enter some values
  8. save everything
  9. switch to SpaceCenter and enter an editor.

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

1. Fly to the planet
  2. land there where you want the launchsite
  3. press ctrl + k
  4. create a GroupCenter and place it nearby
  5. spawn a Building that has a launchSite Transform definded... most assats like this have have self explaining names
  6. Place that building where you want it and press the "Make LaunchSite button"
  7. Enter some values
  8. save everything
  9. switch to SpaceCenter and enter an editor.

sorry this is getting repetitive but i mixed up some things and turns out I accidentally made two... so how do i delete one?

1 minute ago, AstralWither said:

sorry this is getting repetitive but i mixed up some things and turns out I accidentally made two... so how do i delete one?

select the building you want to delete in the local tab and then click the delete button and afterwards the orange save button.

you can also try to aim with you mouse and press the "tab" key

Edited by Ger_space

Just now, AstralWither said:

shoot, now my ships spawn 1 km above the selected launchsite

this can happen when you have trigger Collider above your launchsite. set the launchSite type to waterlaunch and Kerbal Konstructs will Reposition the craft to the exact spawn point

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

this can happen when you have trigger Collider above your launchsite. set the launchSite type to waterlaunch and Kerbal Konstructs will Reposition the craft to the exact spawn point

i meant above all launch sites

also the space center menu is messed up

Edited by AstralWither

• 2 weeks later...

Much love for keeping this up :D I am wondering if this is a bug or a problem between the keyboard and chair. I can't seem to store vessels in Hangars. Default ones, Kerbinside ones, they're Open and have room, but they tell me 'no Nearby Craft' when I am directly beside the hangar. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, ElonsMusk said:

Much love for keeping this up :D I am wondering if this is a bug or a problem between the keyboard and chair. I can't seem to store vessels in Hangars. Default ones, Kerbinside ones, they're Open and have room, but they tell me 'no Nearby Craft' when I am directly beside the hangar. Thoughts?

I think in this case, you have to have your kerbal exit the craft. This confused me forever until that was pointed out.
Apologies if you have already tried that !:D