[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

4 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

I'm going to try to be using this with JNSQ, does it come with any predefined statics or launch sites? They'd most likely cause issues as Kerbin is 2.7x size and has different terrain

KK only provides the ability to place statics and create custom launchsites - it doesn’t add any by default, but there are KK addons (such as Kerbinside) which do.

Game Version: KSP 1.7.3

Mod Version: KK 1.7.3.2

Issue: Bases added by Kerbin Side Remastered do not appear in the tracking station. If you mouse-over its location in the tracking station, the name will appear. Additions to the KSC will appear in the flight scene, but not in the Space Center scene. GUIs appear completely transparent, where some icons appear. The mouseover text that should appear for the GUIs all show when moused over. Only mods installed are KK, KerbinSideRemastered, OSSNTR, AdvancedTextures, and CustomPreLaunchChecks. Maybe a texture problem?

Log

Edit: A couple of things I've done to try to resolve: Steam file verification, removed and re-installed KK and KSR.

Edited by Mister_Spaceman

Hi to all. I have a problem with Muun's easter eggs. I just noticed that they don't appear on the scanners despite having ticked the specific option.
Maybe I have to add some specific string or module to the object cfg?

This is the cfg of one of the objects. The others are the same with only the name and reference to the different mu file modified:

Spoiler

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

STATIC
{
    mesh = guardiano.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    author = Simog
    title = guardiano
    cost = 0
    manufacturer = simog
    category = Static
    description = guardiano di Muun
    name = guardiano
    keepConvex =
}

Here the cfg saved by KK after positioning:

Spoiler

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

STATIC
{
    pointername = guardiano
    Instances
    {
        UUID = fd89e377-ba3b-4031-9011-dc4474da8218
        CelestialBody = Muun
        RelativePosition = -5.99069977,0.399999917,-0.00359999994
        Orientation = 353,165.600632,-0.000120264653
        isScanable = True
        ModelScale = 1
        VisibilityRange = 25000
        Group = Guardiani
    }
    Instances
    {
        UUID = 58339c2f-a0fc-4492-b457-ccb3ff8d11c9
        CelestialBody = Muun
        RelativePosition = -12.7595148,0.117784113,0.46055454
        Orientation = 353.935455,163.640839,358.205872
        isScanable = False
        ModelScale = 0.970000029
        VisibilityRange = 25000
        Group = Guardiani
    }
    Instances
    {
        UUID = d1514f1d-ca31-4f6e-8e21-9e08b4444adb
        CelestialBody = Muun
        RelativePosition = -19.3671093,0.0162696689,-2.46785545
        Orientation = 345.740753,165.980148,353.617035
        isScanable = False
        ModelScale = 1.05999994
        VisibilityRange = 25000
        Group = Guardiani
    }
}

in this case the 3 objects are close to each other and only one is set to be detected.

Many Thanks

Edited by Simog

Hello !

I have Kerbal Konstrukt installed, and Kerbin Side Remasterd installed but none of these mods works. I read somewhere that Kerbal Konstrukts needs other mods to work like Kerbin Side.

Is it true ? Is Kerbin Side Remastered not good for this mod ? Is there something else I'm missing to make it working ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

20 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

@Brigadier I am using 1.7.3 with the ckan version of kk and the latest mm

installing over ckan is broken. It is missing the new dependency: CustomPreLaunchChecks.

Just download it from github, and install it manually. The zip file includes CustomPreLaunchChecks.

1 hour ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

when I click ctrl + k to enter the build mode nothing happens for me, I know that the installment trough ckan is broken but I've never used Ckan and have always downloaded my mods trough Spacedock and Github.
has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to fix it?

For me, installing CustomPreLaunchChecks fixed it. Make sure you hit right ctrl, not the left one. And it only works if you're in control of a craft, not in the KSC view where you then go into VAB etc.

Some time ago I started a new career with JNSQ, and was basically reinstalling every mod. After being broken for a long time (didn't care at that point), StageRecovery was working again, but KK didn't. Since I fixed my KerbalKonstructs install (it's been a couple of weeks, IIRC CustomPreLaunchCheck wasn't installed), StageRecovery stopped working again.

My log shows this, so I'm not sure if the problem is KK or StageRecovery:

Spoiler

[LOG 21:21:13.948] Warping to UT:59635751.7. Max Rate Allowed: 5.0x.
[LOG 21:21:13.978] AnimatedAttachmentUpdater: AnimatedAttachment: TimeWarp started
[LOG 21:21:13.997] Packing Cheap-O-Sat for orbit
[LOG 21:21:15.114] [10/4/2019 9:21:15 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 1 / 1
[LOG 21:21:15.294] [F: 60254]: Vessel Cheap-O-Sat Debris was on-rails at 1.2 kPa pressure and was destroyed.
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: OnVesselRecoveryRequested
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: OnVesselRecoveryRequested is career
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: Distance to KSC is 381519.966696815
[ERR 21:21:15.377] Exception handling event onVesselWillDestroy in class StageRecovery:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference 
not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.RecoveryProcessingEvent.Fire (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.StageRecovery.RecoverVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean preRecovery) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.StageRecovery.VesselDestroyEvent (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 21:21:15.670] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel)
        StageRecovery.RecoveryProcessingEvent.Fire (.Vessel vessel)
        StageRecovery.StageRecovery.RecoverVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean preRecovery)
        StageRecovery.StageRecovery.VesselDestroyEvent (.Vessel v)
        EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
        Vessel:Die()
        Vessel:CheckKill()
        VesselPrecalculate:MainPhysics(Boolean)
        ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate:MainPhysics(Boolean)
        VesselPrecalculate:FixedUpdate()
        ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate:TimedFixedUpdate()
        TimingPre:FixedUpdate()
[LOG 21:21:15.670] [Vessel Cheap-O-Sat Debris]: Vessel was destroyed.

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovozsx4elzy6v1c/KSP_StageRecovery.log?dl=0

Anyone have an idea why if I have contract configurator downloaded at same time as KK it causes KK to not work, thanks for any help

Got it to work not sure what i was doing wrong unless i was using an outdated version of one of the mods but was getting them off CKAN before.

Edited by fxcustoms
Fixed issue

On 10/5/2019 at 12:42 AM, infinite_monkey said:

Some time ago I started a new career with JNSQ, and was basically reinstalling every mod. After being broken for a long time (didn't care at that point), StageRecovery was working again, but KK didn't. Since I fixed my KerbalKonstructs install (it's been a couple of weeks, IIRC CustomPreLaunchCheck wasn't installed), StageRecovery stopped working again.

My log shows this, so I'm not sure if the problem is KK or StageRecovery:

Hide contents

[LOG 21:21:13.948] Warping to UT:59635751.7. Max Rate Allowed: 5.0x.
[LOG 21:21:13.978] AnimatedAttachmentUpdater: AnimatedAttachment: TimeWarp started
[LOG 21:21:13.997] Packing Cheap-O-Sat for orbit
[LOG 21:21:15.114] [10/4/2019 9:21:15 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 1 / 1
[LOG 21:21:15.294] [F: 60254]: Vessel Cheap-O-Sat Debris was on-rails at 1.2 kPa pressure and was destroyed.
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: OnVesselRecoveryRequested
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: OnVesselRecoveryRequested is career
[LOG 21:21:15.377] KK: PreRecovery: Distance to KSC is 381519.966696815
[ERR 21:21:15.377] Exception handling event onVesselWillDestroy in class StageRecovery:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference 
not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.RecoveryProcessingEvent.Fire (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.StageRecovery.RecoverVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean preRecovery) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StageRecovery.StageRecovery.VesselDestroyEvent (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 21:21:15.670] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        KerbalKonstructs.Addons.StageRecovery.PreRecovery (.Vessel vessel)
        StageRecovery.RecoveryProcessingEvent.Fire (.Vessel vessel)
        StageRecovery.StageRecovery.RecoverVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean preRecovery)
        StageRecovery.StageRecovery.VesselDestroyEvent (.Vessel v)
        EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
        Vessel:Die()
        Vessel:CheckKill()
        VesselPrecalculate:MainPhysics(Boolean)
        ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate:MainPhysics(Boolean)
        VesselPrecalculate:FixedUpdate()
        ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate:TimedFixedUpdate()
        TimingPre:FixedUpdate()
[LOG 21:21:15.670] [Vessel Cheap-O-Sat Debris]: Vessel was destroyed.

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovozsx4elzy6v1c/KSP_StageRecovery.log?dl=0

Sorry I was on vacation for two weeks and browsing the forum on mobile is not very fun (even more when looking at logfiles.)

1. Thank you for the perfect bugreport. 

2. I think this might come from an null reference of the vessel. the object was destroyed and not recoverable, but nevertheless the recovery function was called, which is something I cannot remember to have happened before, Or maybe It was some changes I've done, but I'm not aware of the consquences. 

Can you please provide me some simple steps how to reproduce the errors?

On 10/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, Ger_space said:

Sorry I was on vacation for two weeks and browsing the forum on mobile is not very fun (even more when looking at logfiles.)

1. Thank you for the perfect bugreport. 

2. I think this might come from an null reference of the vessel. the object was destroyed and not recoverable, but nevertheless the recovery function was called, which is something I cannot remember to have happened before, Or maybe It was some changes I've done, but I'm not aware of the consquences. 

Can you please provide me some simple steps how to reproduce the errors?

I hope you enjoyed your vacation :)

Looking at the code on GitHub (src/Addons/StageRecovery/StageRecovery.cs), I don't think it comes from a null reference of the vessel. Last log comes from line 39, so accessing the vessel in line 38 did work. The NRE must be referencing something else.

After restarting KSP a bazillion times, I narrowed the problem down to KSC Extended.

So you need that one (plus its dependencies) and StageRecovery. Then start a career game - finding that out cost me a lot of time, although it was pretty clear from the code... Build a rocket with at least 2 stages, and add some parachutes to the lower stage (might be a radially attached booster with a parachute on top). I usually make sure that the parachutes for the lower stage are NOT deployed when staging, but in some later stage. SR is supposed to take care of them. After staging, continue your way to space, and wait for the lower stage to crash on the ground or be unloadad.

At that point (give it a couple of seconds), you should get a notification that the stage has been recovered - or nothing ingame and the NRE in the logfile if KSC Extended is installed.

10 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Looking at the code on GitHub (src/Addons/StageRecovery/StageRecovery.cs), I don't think it comes from a null reference of the vessel. Last log comes from line 39, so accessing the vessel in line 38 did work. The NRE must be referencing something else.

After restarting KSP a bazillion times, I narrowed the problem down to KSC Extended.

So you need that one (plus its dependencies) and StageRecovery. Then start a career game - finding that out cost me a lot of time, although it was pretty clear from the code... Build a rocket with at least 2 stages, and add some parachutes to the lower stage (might be a radially attached booster with a parachute on top). I usually make sure that the parachutes for the lower stage are NOT deployed when staging, but in some later stage. SR is supposed to take care of them. After staging, continue your way to space, and wait for the lower stage to crash on the ground or be unloadad.

At that point (give it a couple of seconds), you should get a notification that the stage has been recovered - or nothing ingame and the NRE in the logfile if KSC Extended is installed.

Looks like my Barge is causing some trouble. Maybe even the landing pads around the KSC as they use that option.

21 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

21 hours ago, damonvv said:

Looks like my Barge is causing some trouble. Maybe even the landing pads around the KSC as they use that option.

Here is a new release that should fix that issue:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.3.4

Bugfixes:

• Fix the compatibility between Kerbal Konstructs and the Stage Recovery mod
  • removed the exception when using the Making History Launch menu. (no more three clicks needed)
  • tried to fix some issues with destroyed launchsites, so they are no longer useable for launching.

Features

• you can now close launchsites that cost 0 credits (for better filtering)
  • you can open and close launchsites in non-career games (for better filtering)

On 8/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Just have to report that the same thing happened to me. I use kerbinside along KK, and updating the mod made me lose everything. Not even KK's UI is showing up anymore.

I had the whole  thing from CKAN, I will try to unistall the whole thing and do it again manually. Then I'll report my findings. 

I feel weird for quoting myself, but anyway, this happened again after the last update. Mods meant to work with KK, in my case kerbinside, are no longer detected and though installed correctly (I can't say if they load or not), appear not to 'kick in'. 

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

I feel weird for quoting myself, but anyway, this happened again after the last update. Mods meant to work with KK, in my case kerbinside, are no longer detected and though installed correctly (I can't say if they load or not), appear not to 'kick in'. 

Ckan apparently doesn't resolve the requirements of the mod. Just install it manually