[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

1 hour ago, lBoBl said:

Oh my, poor KK. I'm sad that I've killed it cause I like it. Especially now that I made that

Reveal hidden contents

9gIa70S.jpg

But do you need the precise log from when it first happened (cause I don't think I have that anymore) or any current log file will do ? 

Thanks for the help, don't go out of your way just to help me since everything works perfectly fine in the important scenes, but if it can help you debug the mod I'll gladly try to provide the information you need.

I'm trying the newest version right now, I made that little "reusability expansion" to my space center in 1.2.0.2 and I can confirm that the facility editor works like a charm, I'm going to enjoy these working fuel tanks so much when it comes to refueling my landed first stages ! Thank you sir !

I need the log file from the game session, when you run into problems. The stack trace of the crash might have given me a glue what happened.

When everything is working fine, I don't have anything to do.  

You use GPP, which has triggered some bugs in the past, so it is possible that you could run into one again. 

Just keep up the great work. Your base looks amazing.

I'm trying to launch an R7 rocket from the Kosmodrome, however I get a warning that my rocket is too heavy to launch. Where do I bump up how much weight the launch pad can handle? Assuming this is even a KK issue.

Edit: Nevermind, Figured out.

Edit2: Instead of creating a new reply, I'll just piggy back off this one. I'm using a 2.5x rescale and KKtoSD to keep things mostly in the same space. With the limited knowledge of KKtoSD I was able to keep the KSC spotlights in place with the rescale. However when I went to the Kosmodrome it needed some slight fixing to put certain parts back in place. However, whenever I would select an object to fix, it would pop 600 meters ish under the surface, and I'd have to move it ground level. In some cases it would also move a couple hundred meters in another direction. I didn't really have a problem moving everything back into a relatively ideal position, however when I tried to move the plateau the kosmodrome is situated on, it broke Kerbin when it jumped into the ground. All I would see is a black sphere and a sunflare like effect. It even broke the KSC on the other side of the world.

I was able to fix it by uninstalling KK and the Kosmodrome and reinstalling it. On the second attempt I just avoided selecting the plateau when I was fixing everything. What caused this and is there anyway to avoid it? If I were to use a KKtoSD cfg to fix it, which one would I use?

I'd kind of lack to snap the plateau to the terrain, but I don't want it to break my Kerbin again.  I'm also wary of installing any other launch sites for fear of them breaking my Kerbin when I try to fix their location.

Edited by Spike88

After spending 10 minutes fixing the Kosmodrome a third time, I saved everything in place. On re-loading the game I realized everything that I had saved had disappeared and I had to delete the Kosmodrome and re-install it again. What caused this and how do I avoid it? 

4 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

I have an Issue:

Select a launchsite from the editor. There is a kk button 

On 11.2.2018 at 3:38 AM, Spike88 said:

I'm trying to launch an R7 rocket from the Kosmodrome, however I get a warning that my rocket is too heavy to launch. Where do I bump up how much weight the launch pad can handle? Assuming this is even a KK issue.

Edit: Nevermind, Figured out.

Edit2: Instead of creating a new reply, I'll just piggy back off this one. I'm using a 2.5x rescale and KKtoSD to keep things mostly in the same space. With the limited knowledge of KKtoSD I was able to keep the KSC spotlights in place with the rescale. However when I went to the Kosmodrome it needed some slight fixing to put certain parts back in place. However, whenever I would select an object to fix, it would pop 600 meters ish under the surface, and I'd have to move it ground level. In some cases it would also move a couple hundred meters in another direction. I didn't really have a problem moving everything back into a relatively ideal position, however when I tried to move the plateau the kosmodrome is situated on, it broke Kerbin when it jumped into the ground. All I would see is a black sphere and a sunflare like effect. It even broke the KSC on the other side of the world.

I was able to fix it by uninstalling KK and the Kosmodrome and reinstalling it. On the second attempt I just avoided selecting the plateau when I was fixing everything. What caused this and is there anyway to avoid it? If I were to use a KKtoSD cfg to fix it, which one would I use?

I'd kind of lack to snap the plateau to the terrain, but I don't want it to break my Kerbin again.  I'm also wary of installing any other launch sites for fear of them breaking my Kerbin when I try to fix their location.

The kosmodrome plateau has a very low visibility range. You should increase it to some better values. 

The disappearance act only happens when am object is moved out of its visibility range. 

I wanted to fix it I've day # so everything is at least visible within the object loaded range, but I forgot to do it in the latest release.

1 hour ago, Spike88 said:

After spending 10 minutes fixing the Kosmodrome a third time, I saved everything in place. On re-loading the game I realized everything that I had saved had disappeared and I had to delete the Kosmodrome and re-install it again. What caused this and how do I avoid it? 

think it's not possible to edit assets in a save way when using kk2sd.

Either place everything by hand or use the assets when they come out of kk2sd. Both at the same time will likely produce a very ugly mix up. 

If I remember correctly Kk2sd moves an building in a slightly different way than kk does. It also doesn't update the internal kk structures, that's why they snap back as soon the editor opens. Kk puts them back into place where it thinks they belong.

Rescaling is something hard and I could spent many weeks to try to improve it, but I don't play rescaled mods and maintaining 4 development installs is enough for my personal taste. 

Trying to fix rescaling is nothing that is easy to do and even more it requires several weeks of my time. Currently I rather spend that on other features, that some other modders requested, and I wanted to implement for a long time.

57 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

then KK2SD would move the kosmodrome again, except there is a config to exclude some assets from moving.

I’ll double check with @Sigma88, but I think he wrote KKtoSD to ignore everything that doesn’t have a config to target it. Using a stock sized system is so much easier, but the rockets are OP

Hi everybody. 

Here is a new prerelease for the weekend: It only has two changes for modders:

1. Objects can be moved and edited outside of the normal visiblility range. You will not see other objects outside thier normal visiblility range, this is by design. 
2. KK now has a new editor(and other infrastucture) for placeing and editing PQSMod_MapDecals

ceSUu63.pngxq1yGYz.png

You need to define a heighmap you want to use and a affected radius. Most of the other obtions are optional.
If you need some other variables and features, please let me know. 

Limitations: 

1. No custom maps support
2. for some reasons not all scatter objects are removed. 
3. all MapDecals need a heighmap defined, before they can be saved. 

3 hours ago, Sebastiaz said:

Uhhh. When I attempt to select a launchpad in the launchpad selector, it doesn't select it, even though it says it has at the top right of the screen. When I press launch, I'm at the KSC launchpad instead, any help?

could you please elaborate more what is not working. Which gameModes, any settings ?

On 2/16/2018 at 10:08 AM, Ger_space said:

Hi everybody. 

Here is a new prerelease for the weekend: It only has two changes for modders:

1. Objects can be moved and edited outside of the normal visiblility range. You will not see other objects outside thier normal visiblility range, this is by design. 
2. KK now has a new editor(and other infrastucture) for placeing and editing PQSMod_MapDecals

ceSUu63.pngxq1yGYz.png

You need to define a heighmap you want to use and a affected radius. Most of the other obtions are optional.
If you need some other variables and features, please let me know. 

Limitations: 

1. No custom maps support
2. for some reasons not all scatter objects are removed. 
3. all MapDecals need a heighmap defined, before they can be saved. 

motherofgod.jpg

#gamechanger

5 hours ago, theonegalen said:

#gamechanger

you don't have to dig holes. the most reasonable use would be to flatten an area where a new airbase should be build. Also small hole hole could come handy of someone if wanting to create usable a missle silo. 

Edited by Ger_space

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

you don't have to dif holes. the most reasonable use would be to flatten an area where a new airbase should be build. Also small hole hole could come handy of someone if wanting to create usable a missle silo. 

I completely agree! I was being entirely sincere, although I know as a meme, #gamechanger is usually ironic. Digging holes could actually be the most revolutionary KSP mod innovation since the original KerbTown plugin was released... Jeez, was it really almost five years ago?!?! Wow.

How does it work with Kopernicus edited planets?

11 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I completely agree! I was being entirely sincere, although I know as a meme, #gamechanger is usually ironic. Digging holes could actually be the most revolutionary KSP mod innovation since the original KerbTown plugin was released... Jeez, was it really almost five years ago?!?! Wow.

How does it work with Kopernicus edited planets?

This should also work on custom planets (although untested), as they are internally set up the same way as stock. KK just adds more PQS_Mods to the planet setup and then forces the planet to rebuild itself. The rebuild of the planet sphere is quite resource intensive, thats why you need to use the apply button to make the changes visible.

A small update for today:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.2.9.3

Changes since the last prerelease:

For players

• Fixed the facility dublications in the inflight facility manager
  • Some windows generate less memory garbage and should render faster

For modders

• Added support to load custom MapDecal image maps (two examples in the MapDecalMaps folder)
  • added some helper vectors to visualize the mapdecals area of effect

The MapDecals work in the following way:  The more white an area is the more it is affected by the HeightMapDeformity parameter. The base level is altitue offset value (when use absolut is selected).
You can use any grayscale image as a heighmap and any rgb colormap as Colormaps

If you use the AllBlack map and select the CullBlack and the RemoveScatter options the terrain is not altered and only the scatter objects are removed. You need to select a large enough area to succesfully remove all scatter object.

Also Terrain altering does not scale down very well (but this is a limit of KSP)

Edited by Ger_space
spelling

After doing some experimentation, it appears it's the 2.5 resize that's causing my headaches.

With just a clean installed of KK, Kosmodrome, and 2.5x, I proceeded to fix the Kosmodrome positioning and then restart KSP. On the first restart, it deleted the items I had moved. I re-installed Kosmodrome to attempt again, and on second try it made my Kosmodrome jump a couple hundred meters into the air.  If I select the item in the KK menu, it jumps back to the altitude I had saved it at first. Now I'm torn between deleting 2.5x or not using the Kosmodrome(I don't seem to have problems with the Floodlights, or SpaceX landing pad).

I am having issues on startup, running this mod, and kerbinside combined, and KK alone. the other mods i'm using are: BDArmory, BDAVesselSwitcher, BurnTogether, PhysicsRangeExtender, VesselMover.

please help! i would really like to play this mod, for what i see, it seems pretty fantastic!

13 minutes ago, DrunkenSlav said:

I am having issues on startup, running this mod, and kerbinside combined, and KK alone. the other mods i'm using are: BDArmory, BDAVesselSwitcher, BurnTogether, PhysicsRangeExtender, VesselMover.

please help! i would really like to play this mod, for what i see, it seems pretty fantastic!