Ger_space

[1.7.3] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.7.3.4 - 16.Oct.2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

If i don't install kerbin side, does KK have some parts moddeled already so I can build some stuff? It's just Kerbin Side has too many things and my fps drop too much...

Or can I keep kerbin side but not having the default buildings and stuff already placed in the world?

 

you can install kerbin-side CORE. This contains only the assets, but no prebuild bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ok i was playing carrier in Kerbal Konstructs mod and i didnt have any other mod in ksp so this happend when i opened the round launch pad and launched
http://imgur.com/gallery/2q5cT

thats the link for screenshot

 

any fix for that?

 

log

read! from dropbox the log file

link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/m609tkou4her34p/KSP.log?dl=0

 

EDIT:Runways are normal in they normal altidude and position Only launchpad is wrong!

 

 

Edited by hazeuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found a serious statics saving issue...KK throws an exception and prevents statics from being written to .cfg. 

Im running 1.1.3 with the 1.1.3 version of KK and both modded and vanilla throw this error. Did this get fixed in 1.2.2 ?  Perhaps is there a way to fix this for 1.1.3?  

[EXC 05:25:13.353] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.saveModelConfig (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticModel mModelToSave)
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.saveObjects ()
	KerbalKonstructs.UI.StaticsEditorGUI.drawEditorWindow (Int32 id)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

In this ksp.log snippet I captured in realtime the error at approx 5:25 am . This appears to be an issue where the save call is not properly being executed due whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and how to fix it im running ksp 1.2.2 maybe can i try make another save? it would work this way?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lextacy said:

found a serious statics saving issue...KK throws an exception and prevents statics from being written to .cfg. 

Im running 1.1.3 with the 1.1.3 version of KK and both modded and vanilla throw this error. Did this get fixed in 1.2.2 ?  Perhaps is there a way to fix this for 1.1.3?  


[EXC 05:25:13.353] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.saveModelConfig (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticModel mModelToSave)
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.saveObjects ()
	KerbalKonstructs.UI.StaticsEditorGUI.drawEditorWindow (Int32 id)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

In this ksp.log snippet I captured in realtime the error at approx 5:25 am . This appears to be an issue where the save call is not properly being executed due whatever. 

Hi, I've seen this error many times now with various revived statics, admittedly it was much worse in 1.1.3 and the root cause usually turns out to be collider model problems, in all likelihood identifying and removing the offending model will restore the save ability.  

In 1.1.3 there were also issues with the plug and play nature of the plugin, and in certain cases installing KK in an existing save game would produce the symptoms you describe, usually accompanied by the failure of the launch site selector,  In this case the only solution is a new save created as follows, 

Empty your GameData folder of everything except KK and squad, start the game and create a new save and launch that save, check that KK is fully functional, if all checks out as working, you can close the game, re add your other mods and the load the new save and with luck everything will be peachy .  

Fortunately  KK for 1.2.x is a much stronger beasty than previous editions and tolerates abuse extremely well, and any opportunity you get to upgrade top a newer version  should be taken

On 01/01/2017 at 2:39 PM, hazeuk said:

any fix for that?

Not sure what the problem is there as you don't indicate what you expected it to look like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, I've seen this error many times now with various revived statics, admittedly it was much worse in 1.1.3 and the root cause usually turns out to be collider model problems, in all likelihood identifying and removing the offending model will restore the save ability.  

In 1.1.3 there were also issues with the plug and play nature of the plugin, and in certain cases installing KK in an existing save game would produce the symptoms you describe, usually accompanied by the failure of the launch site selector,  In this case the only solution is a new save created as follows, 

Empty your GameData folder of everything except KK and squad, start the game and create a new save and launch that save, check that KK is fully functional, if all checks out as working, you can close the game, re add your other mods and the load the new save and with luck everything will be peachy .  

Fortunately  KK for 1.2.x is a much stronger beasty than previous editions and tolerates abuse extremely well, and any opportunity you get to upgrade top a newer version  should be taken

Not sure what the problem is there as you don't indicate what you expected it to look like

NAILED IT!!  they were bad assets from the old TristonWilsons's RealKCS pack. His new pack works like his pad 41 and stuff, but the Atlas 1,2,3 and VAB are corrupt. Probably cuz of colliders. Well I guess the solution is if I want those assets back in is to run 1.2.2 ?  Or will I need to run the .mu through Unity and kill the colliders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lextacy said:

NAILED IT!!  they were bad assets from the old TristonWilsons's RealKCS pack. His new pack works like his pad 41 and stuff, but the Atlas 1,2,3 and VAB are corrupt. Probably cuz of colliders. Well I guess the solution is if I want those assets back in is to run 1.2.2 ?  Or will I need to run the .mu through Unity and kill the colliders?

As a first port of call try and get hold of Sarbians debug stuff mod, it will let you see the colliders and transforms so you can see why it's broken, though it's not the first time I've heard this mentioned in relation to that sadly unfinished project.

As a rule of thumb it's fairly safe to say that the assets will likely cause issue whatever version you run them in,  as KK can still be broken by wonky geometry or collider issues, especially as things that worked ok in the past don't work too well now. 

Most statics of any age will load, but an awful lot of them will create the kind of issues you discovered and there really is no option if they are something you like having around is to either fix the issues or find a nice modder to fix them for you,

  Be warned there can be some nasty surprises hidden in statics and many are not made how you'd expect, or  at least is my experience, and the amount of work to fix them to a current standard can be daunting if not starting with a base model rather than an exported imported export

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a wiki or something with details about each of the bases on this pack? I keep having to eyeball the runways, and, generally? I kinda suck actually. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a youtuber that made a video on this just search up the mod :P 

 

Edited by ebrhahaman
BECAUSE I CAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space

I am using KK "only" for the KSC++ and the Launch Towers (in a highly modded install) and get some NREs. Are they OK to live with? If they are harmless could/should they be catched and surpressed?

I wonder if it's the same issue with the colliders the guys here talk about?

Spoiler

170108T233535.759 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Tito Kerman
170108T233535.760 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233535.760 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.onGameStateSaved] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected onGameStateSaved
170108T233535.796 [INFO] [GamePersistence.SaveGame] Game State Saved as persistent
170108T233535.799 [INFO] [QuickStart.QuickStart.Log] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.11]: OnFlightReady dd225612-23b6-4d76-ac76-637c7834c1d5
170108T233535.800 [INFO] [QuickGoTo.QuickGoTo.Log] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.31]: OnFlightReady
170108T233535.800 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Resizing Internal  Warp Rates Array
170108T233535.801 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Resizing Internal  Celestial Body Altitude Limits Arrays
170108T233535.802 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Setting Internal Rates and Altitude Limits
170108T233536.380 [INFO] [ModuleScienceExperiment+<SetFXModules>c__Iterator85.MoveNext] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
170108T233536.383 [INFO] [QuickGoTo.QuickGoTo.Log] QuickGoTo(QBlizzyToolbar)[1.31]: StartUpdateEach 489844800
170108T233537.667 [INFO] [Vessel.GoOffRails] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
170108T233537.668 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.OnVesselGoOffRails] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselGoOffRails
170108T233537.833 [INFO] [ModuleScienceExperiment+<SetFXModules>c__Iterator85.MoveNext] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
170108T233549.515 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: OnVesselRecoveryRequested
170108T233549.516 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: OnVesselRecoveryRequested is career
170108T233549.518 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: Distance to KSC is 757.0179
170108T233549.520 [WARNING] [ConfigNode.Load] File 'D:/Spiele/Steam/SteamApps/common/KSP/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/122-Twitch/KK.cfg' does not exist
170108T233549.522 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: smallestDist is 757.0179
170108T233549.524 [ERROR] [EventData`1[Vessel].Fire] Exception handling event OnVesselRecoveryRequested in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
170108T233549.526 [EXCEPTION] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName)
   at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel)
   at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
   at UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
   at EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
   at KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons:recoverVessel()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
170108T233549.533 [INFO] [FlightState..ctor] Flight State Captured
170108T233549.539 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.541 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.543 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.545 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.546 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.551 [INFO] [QuickStart.QuickStart.Log] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.11]: OnSave dd225612-23b6-4d76-ac76-637c7834c1d5
170108T233549.553 [INFO] [DF.DeepFreeze.OnSave] DeepFreeze Scenario OnSave completed.
170108T233549.574 [INFO] [KSP.UI.Screens.MessageSystem.SaveMessages] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
170108T233549.586 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Jebediah Kerman
170108T233549.588 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233549.590 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Bill Kerman
170108T233549.591 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233549.593 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Bob Kerman
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I wonder if it's the same issue with the colliders the guys here talk about?

Hi you're not alone there I've had a crop of these errors appear lately and have been unable to track down the source, ( not reported as i like to find out the why if I can and replication steps etc)   I did initially feel it was related to the collider issue but now I'm not so sure.  There seems to be a problem with object deletion and that is what causes that error, in my case at least,  In your game have you added or removed any statics recently ?  Still trying to track if it is a model or code issue but my statics projects are large and expansive and removing a building or object planet wide can only be done by deleting instances from cfg's and restarting so fairly time consuming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you're not alone there I've had a crop of these errors appear lately and have been unable to track down the source, ( not reported as i like to find out the why if I can and replication steps etc)   I did initially feel it was related to the collider issue but now I'm not so sure.  There seems to be a problem with object deletion and that is what causes that error, in my case at least,  In your game have you added or removed any statics recently ?  Still trying to track if it is a model or code issue but my statics projects are large and expansive and removing a building or object planet wide can only be done by deleting instances from cfg's and restarting so fairly time consuming

Well, I took a look to the KK icons/menues but I've taken care not to change anything. TBH I only wanted the KSC++ and the launch flood lights. I am not about base building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Well, I took a look to the KK icons/menues but I've taken care not to change anything. TBH I only wanted the KSC++ and the launch flood lights. I am not about base building.

That's what i thought from reading your post but thought it best to ask :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@Ger_space

I am using KK "only" for the KSC++ and the Launch Towers (in a highly modded install) and get some NREs. Are they OK to live with? If they are harmless could/should they be catched and surpressed?

I wonder if it's the same issue with the colliders the guys here talk about?

  Reveal hidden contents

170108T233535.759 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Tito Kerman
170108T233535.760 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233535.760 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.onGameStateSaved] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected onGameStateSaved
170108T233535.796 [INFO] [GamePersistence.SaveGame] Game State Saved as persistent
170108T233535.799 [INFO] [QuickStart.QuickStart.Log] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.11]: OnFlightReady dd225612-23b6-4d76-ac76-637c7834c1d5
170108T233535.800 [INFO] [QuickGoTo.QuickGoTo.Log] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.31]: OnFlightReady
170108T233535.800 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Resizing Internal  Warp Rates Array
170108T233535.801 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Resizing Internal  Celestial Body Altitude Limits Arrays
170108T233535.802 [INFO] [TimeControl.Log.Write] [1/8/2017 11:35:35 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Setting Internal Rates and Altitude Limits
170108T233536.380 [INFO] [ModuleScienceExperiment+<SetFXModules>c__Iterator85.MoveNext] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
170108T233536.383 [INFO] [QuickGoTo.QuickGoTo.Log] QuickGoTo(QBlizzyToolbar)[1.31]: StartUpdateEach 489844800
170108T233537.667 [INFO] [Vessel.GoOffRails] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
170108T233537.668 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.OnVesselGoOffRails] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselGoOffRails
170108T233537.833 [INFO] [ModuleScienceExperiment+<SetFXModules>c__Iterator85.MoveNext] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
170108T233549.515 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: OnVesselRecoveryRequested
170108T233549.516 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: OnVesselRecoveryRequested is career
170108T233549.518 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: Distance to KSC is 757.0179
170108T233549.520 [WARNING] [ConfigNode.Load] File 'D:/Spiele/Steam/SteamApps/common/KSP/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/122-Twitch/KK.cfg' does not exist
170108T233549.522 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: smallestDist is 757.0179
170108T233549.524 [ERROR] [EventData`1[Vessel].Fire] Exception handling event OnVesselRecoveryRequested in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
170108T233549.526 [EXCEPTION] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName)
   at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel)
   at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
   at UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
   at EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
   at KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons:recoverVessel()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
170108T233549.533 [INFO] [FlightState..ctor] Flight State Captured
170108T233549.539 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.541 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.543 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.545 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.546 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170108T233549.551 [INFO] [QuickStart.QuickStart.Log] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.11]: OnSave dd225612-23b6-4d76-ac76-637c7834c1d5
170108T233549.553 [INFO] [DF.DeepFreeze.OnSave] DeepFreeze Scenario OnSave completed.
170108T233549.574 [INFO] [KSP.UI.Screens.MessageSystem.SaveMessages] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
170108T233549.586 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Jebediah Kerman
170108T233549.588 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233549.590 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Bill Kerman
170108T233549.591 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave]     from kerbals
170108T233549.593 [INFO] [KerbalStats.KerbalStats.onProtoCrewMemberSave] [KerbalStats] saving ext for Bob Kerman
 

 

If you don't lose kerbals or money on a recovery, then the error ist harmless.

Normally I see more errors from the stagerevovery mod, but I can try to have a look to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Ger_space, sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to make the KK statics able to be destroyed, like the KSC buildings? I'm not sure if this can even be done without access to the game's code, which is why I'm asking.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

If you don't lose kerbals or money on a recovery, then the error ist harmless.

Normally I see more errors from the stagerevovery mod, but I can try to have a look to see what happens.

Thank you very much. If they are harmless and could be fixed/surpressed that would be very nice. Managing a highly modded install needs to take a close look at the errors/exceptions and by having to much harmeless exceptions makes it hard to spot the game breaking ones. :wink:

I can test a test build, is this helps. 

Edited by Jebs_SY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Hi @Ger_space, sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to make the KK statics able to be destroyed, like the KSC buildings? I'm not sure if this can even be done without access to the game's code, which is why I'm asking.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before. :) 

I have destroyed everything but some statics like the fcone flags by just deleting the desired folders on the KK mod.

Edit: Actually, I deleted the desired folders from KerbinSide. I guess you want to do that too. I deleted Ground Control and Main Bases folders.

Edit 2: Oh I guess this is not what you want now that I read again your comment. You want them to be ble to explode, right? sorry for stepping in with no real help.

Edited by Agustin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

Is there's any way to use KK and KerbinSide with scale mods? 6.4x in particular...

I think there's no way to recalculate all coordinates automagically (like Sigma Dimesions by @Sigma88 does with Kopernicus), but may be I'm wrong?

Ironically large Kerbin is a place where you need additional launch / landing sites, but I cannot have it :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone!

Is there's any way to use KK and KerbinSide with scale mods? 6.4x in particular...

I think there's no way to recalculate all coordinates automagically (like Sigma Dimesions by @Sigma88 does with Kopernicus), but may be I'm wrong?

Ironically large Kerbin is a place where you need additional launch / landing sites, but I cannot have it :( 

6.4x uses sigma dimensions which automatically will put the statics at the correct altitude.

problem with scaling planets is that the statics are positioned using longitude/latitude so once the planet gets bigger the statics get spread on a bigger surface so they look disconnected. you'll need to use the option resize the statics (which is not an idea solution, I concur)

the only other option would be to define groups of statics so that SD can account for that, you'll have to do that by hand for now, I wanted to work on a plugin that does that automatically but I am not in a very modding mood lately so it'll have to wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff. so, if i have modeled some 3D house and a landing pad, and wanna to have resources (fuel, food, water, etc) on it.

This mod able me to do that? How? Is there any wiki or tutor, or doc about on how?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for a tutorial too.  I haven't understand if with this mod the bases "spawn"  automatically  at random points and then you can buy it or it needs other mods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2017 at 0:35 AM, Climberfx said:

This mod able me to do that? How? Is there any wiki or tutor, or doc about on how?

Hi the only feature I believe that currently will give you some functionality is the fuel side, simply use the values as in one of the KerbinSide fuel tank cfg's . As for the rest it may be worth making a feature request on github, if Ger has them enabled of course

3 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

I'm looking for a tutorial too.  I haven't understand if with this mod the bases "spawn"  automatically  at random points and then you can buy it or it needs other mods.

The bases and objects are pre placed by the mod pack you have installed, there are no random spawn events.  You can launch directly from VAB or SPH to any dedicated launch site, all of which can be viewed  via the KK button on the toolbar. Although I've never used them in a career I think that facilities can be opened or closed to save funds,.  There are several; types of facility available, launch sites, research centers,  fuel dumps , and commercial properties.  The launch sites come in two types, SPH and VAB and it's prudent to check out a launch site before launching a craft to check it's suitability for the craft you want to fly.  KK is the base mod upon which all other static mods build, KK only has a limited set of assets.  To get the best from KK use either the Kerbinside packs or any of the other excellent static packs around, although it can take some serious digging to find the good stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi the only feature I believe that currently will give you some functionality is the fuel side, simply use the values as in one of the KerbinSide fuel tank cfg's . As for the rest it may be worth making a feature request on github, if Ger has them enabled of course

The bases and objects are pre placed by the mod pack you have installed, there are no random spawn events.  You can launch directly from VAB or SPH to any dedicated launch site, all of which can be viewed  via the KK button on the toolbar. Although I've never used them in a career I think that facilities can be opened or closed to save funds,.  There are several; types of facility available, launch sites, research centers,  fuel dumps , and commercial properties.  The launch sites come in two types, SPH and VAB and it's prudent to check out a launch site before launching a craft to check it's suitability for the craft you want to fly.  KK is the base mod upon which all other static mods build, KK only has a limited set of assets.  To get the best from KK use either the Kerbinside packs or any of the other excellent static packs around, although it can take some serious digging to find the good stuff

Roger!  Thx for answer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.1.2017 at 1:35 AM, Climberfx said:

Great stuff. so, if i have modeled some 3D house and a landing pad, and wanna to have resources (fuel, food, water, etc) on it.

This mod able me to do that? How? Is there any wiki or tutor, or doc about on how?

Thank you!

Currently only LiquidFuel, Oxidizer and Monopropellant are supported. If you want more, please rise a issue at github, so I don't forget it.

 

On 10.1.2017 at 1:03 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

Hi @Ger_space, sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to make the KK statics able to be destroyed, like the KSC buildings? I'm not sure if this can even be done without access to the game's code, which is why I'm asking.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before. :) 

I was thinking a few days about it, but the answer is no and in a near future, there will be no such feature. (the list of functions, that are missing from KK  to implement this is quite long. But I would happily accept patches :D )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you make it possible to have KSC's building be part of the mod, or is there a way for me to do so? I want to make a second launch pad at KSC, a copy of the one that's already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.