[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

AH thats just a rumor it was always meant to be in the deep as is indicated by the description

and is why the model is a self contained island,  although i can see why you'd want it elsewhere,  at least a little closer to land.  I can move it and post the cfg for you to paste in if you want, just tell me where.

Huh, I hadn't seen that before. I was going by these screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/eTjMr and this map: http://puu.sh/jhyK4/3348b678a5.jpg

Edit: As for editing it, if you could move it to the Eastern most side of the islands down there, it would be appreciated.

Edited by Spike88

@Spike88     https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0l22e004ik4mrx/NewInstances.zip?dl=0

uwtwOrI.png?1

Here you go, just unzip this attached folder and drop it in your KK folder, if you already have  a new instances folder then merge the two.

If you have some other Kside stuff installed you'll also find the island has a basic runway and a tower.

If you don't want those items delete everything in the attached folder apart from TantaresLS_Launch_Site_A-instances.cfg   and  SWLSA-B_Logo.png

I just tried the latest kk alone with GPP. No dice with the editor. If I read correctly, the editor doesn't opens with kopernicus? I guess something changed with kopernicus because the earlier version of kk worked fine with it. 

If that's the case I'll just have to wait for a fix..  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure it will be figured out soon enough. I'm a little burnt out with modding right now anyway :) I needed a break 

Edited by Galileo

33 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I just tried the latest kk alone with GPP. No dice with the editor. If I read correctly, the editor doesn't opens with kopernicus? I guess something changed with kopernicus because the earlier version of kk worked fine with it. 

If that's the case I'll just have to wait for a fix..  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure it will be figured out soon enough. I'm a little burnt out with modding right now anyway :) I needed a break 

I might introduced problems with kopernicus, when I optimized the startup time of KK.

Does your GPP set the "isHomeWorld" property for Kerbin?

30 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I might introduced problems with kopernicus, when I optimized the startup time of KK.

Does your GPP set the "isHomeWorld" property for Kerbin?

actually GPP removes kerbin and has it's own home world planet.

20 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

actually GPP removes kerbin and has it's own home world planet.

ok, I'm stupid... I thought it was his terrain mod (which also uses kopernicus).

Edit:

I looked into the mod and GPP sets "isHomeWorld = true" so I have no idea what is happening.

Edited by Ger_space

@Galileo

A new version is online: This version fixes the issues you had with GPP. You don't need to clean up all the cfg files before you can use them in GPP. Assets will still register thier models to the editor, will not be placed on the planet, when the planetname is not found.

@DaGuyAboveYou RSS should also be fixed, but I havn't testet it yet.

12.12.2016 0.9.8.9

Changes:

• Launchsites: KK will add the KSC to the correct position, if the homeplanet is altered. also KK will not crash when the homeplanet is not named "Kerbin".
  • cfg loader: configfiles for unknown bodies are no longer crashing KK.
Edited by Ger_space
spelling

Just now, Ger_space said:

@Galileo

A new version is online: This version fixes the issues you had with GPP. You don't need to clean up all the cfg files before you can use them in GPP. Assets will still register thier models to the editor, will not be placed on the planet, when the planetname no found.

much appreciated! 

Edited by Galileo

i have a question, even though this may already be a feature, i haven't found out how to do it. Is it possible to move and entire group of statics at once? Lets say i finish a base that i really like, but i later decide to move it to another location on the celestial body. could i just shift and rotate my base to that location without having to move each individual part? 

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

i have a question, even though this may already be a feature, i haven't found out how to do it. Is it possible to move and entire group of statics at once? Lets say i finish a base that i really like, but i later decide to move it to another location on the celestial body. could i just shift and rotate my base to that location without having to move each individual part? 

I'm really sorry, but currently this is not implemented, but I'm accepting patches :D.

It is possible to build one, but considering my current pace of editor updates and the amount of things that needed to be in place to get it working, it will take a few weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I'm really sorry, but currently this is not implemented, but I'm accepting patches :D.

It is possible to build one, but considering my current pace of editor updates and the amount of things that needed to be in place to get it working, it will take a few weeks. 

Oh no need to apologize, i didn't mean that as a suggestion, i was just merely wondering if it was possible. If you did implement something like that i would be forever grateful, but don't feel obligated to.

Edited by Galileo

Suggestion box:

I've always wanted to see a "lite" version of this mod.  No air races, or ATC, or radio link stuff, just the ability to add buildings and open alternate launch sites.

Is that possible? Either as a separate version or the ability to suppress / hide these features (even if one had to manually edit a config file)?

I appreciate the work that went into these additional features, but I only use the mod to "flesh out" KSC and open ksc2 to be my "Vandenberg" for polar and high inclination launches.

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

Suggestion box:

I've always wanted to see a "lite" version of this mod.  No air races, or ATC, or radio link stuff, just the ability to add buildings and open alternate launch sites.

Is that possible? Either as a separate version or the ability to suppress / hide these features (even if one had to manually edit a config file)?

I appreciate the work that went into these additional features, but I only use the mod to "flesh out" KSC and open ksc2 to be my "Vandenberg" for polar and high inclination launches.

how about: don't install Kerbin-side complete. The ksc2 is available as an separate download. 

KK is pretty much the basic version with only a limited set of assets. 

If you need more assets, you can install "Kerbin-side core"

Edited by Ger_space

1 hour ago, rawghi said:

@Ger_space first of all, thank you for KK, you've made something great for all of us.

Second, a question, that I've searched through forums but I cannot find an answer, sorry: is there any way that KK structures functions as antennas in KSP Commnet? 

Thank you

I didn't create KK, I'm just spending my time maintaining it. :D

Changing the current "Downlink" ground stations to real "CommNet" and "RemoteTech" ground stations is my current plan for the next weeks. from the information I found it should be pretty easy, but I'll see.

8 hours ago, TastyMango said:

Is anyone else having problems with their hangers?

I'm close enough to dent the door and still it's listing me as too far away.  Fuel depots and other structures seem to work within reasonable proximity.

You should be able to increase the facility range from the KK setting menue. The range is from the building center, so it might be better to set a not so small value. for my taste the default setting is to small (I cannot refuel from the start of the runway) and maybe I'll change it in a future release.

On 13/12/2016 at 6:21 AM, Ger_space said:

as part of Sigma Dimensions I had to develop a system to move PQSCity around (for a different reason than what @Galileo was asking)

since Kopernicus can move around the KSC I also wrote a system to move all statics grouped with the KSC.

this is a general feature that is not strictly related to KK, but I think it could be adapted to do this as well.

I'll talk to thomas about integrating this feature into Kopernicus so both SD and KK don't have to worry about accounting for Kopernicus moving the KSC.

You should be able to increase the facility range from the KK setting menue. The range is from the building center, so it might be better to set a not so small value. for my taste the default setting is to small (I cannot refuel from the start of the runway) and maybe I'll change it in a future release.

Gave that a go and set the range to 9 Km. I'm still getting the "there are no craft in range" from the hanger (I guess I should specify these are the 2 hangars added to the KSC as part of the Kerbin-Side multi pack) despite being pressed up against the hangar door :(

Edit: Problem solved. Apparently my Kerbal has to exit the craft and ring the doorbell. Drive-through diners on Kerbin must be awful :wink:

Thanks Ger_Space!

Edited by TastyMango
further research

6 hours ago, TastyMango said:

Gave that a go and set the range to 9 Km. I'm still getting the "there are no craft in range" from the hanger (I guess I should specify these are the 2 hangars added to the KSC as part of the Kerbin-Side multi pack) despite being pressed up against the hangar door :(

Edit: Problem solved. Apparently my Kerbal has to exit the craft and ring the doorbell. Drive-through diners on Kerbin must be awful :wink:

Thanks Ger_Space!

I'm glad that this is at least not a new bug. I'll think, that in some future update the behavior can be changed, but currently I'm struggling adding CommNet groundstations.

For those interested:
Adding the ground stations is easy, but I it turned out I need to rewrite the savegame persistence layer of KK. :/

On 16/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, Ger_space said:

I'm glad that this is at least not a new bug. I'll think, that in some future update the behavior can be changed, but currently I'm struggling adding CommNet groundstations.

For those interested:
Adding the ground stations is easy, but I it turned out I need to rewrite the savegame persistence layer of KK. :/

Welcome to paaaaaaaaaiiiiin. Do a forum search for my attempts to get RT and KK to like each other and feel free to raid my GitHub for some dodgy hacks that don't work :P

16 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Welcome to paaaaaaaaaiiiiin. Do a forum search for my attempts to get RT and KK to like each other and feel free to raid my GitHub for some dodgy hacks that don't work :P

Nice to see you again!. I will have a look, when I hit a dead end. Currently I have a good chance that I finally have found a way to integrate kk into the normal save game confignode with a blazing fast loader.

The biggest problem I had, that kk never had a consistent state as soon a game was loaded. (Which is the best time to add the stations)

RT has a api call for adding  groundstations. Same for CommNet (but this needs some tweeks, because antenna range is fixed to the ksc antenna.

Currently github is a week behind, so there is not much to show you.