[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

2 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I remember @Cydonian Monk saying on his Ad Lunam thread that he used some RSS code to move KSC around Kerbin - maybe you could do that?

You can find the code in RSS but Kopernicus is what does it. I'm not sure how DMP works, but if you are all playing in the same instance of the game, this code won't work. It will only allow the KSC to be moved and doesn't allow for multiple launch sites. That would have to be done with KK. However, this means you would have to deign and place your own launch sites yourself. Until KK allows you to "reuse" PQScity models, designing your own is the only way to do it.

Unless it's been updated, it is not Kopernicus that changes the launchsites in RSS. It's the KSCSwitcher plugin @regex wrote. (I admit I've not updated RSS/RO since 1.1.3, so things might have changed.) 

See this post:

The most up to date version is in the KSP-RO repo on GitHub:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher

In Ad Lunam I used both that KSCSwitcher plugin and an older plugin (that is now replaced by Kerbal Konstructs) to use KSC2 (Baikobanaur?).

@million_lights, I do agree with @Galileo that KSCSwitcher will likely not work for DMP, though I've also not tried it. Kerbal Konstructs is your best bet. 

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

Unless it's been updated, it is not Kopernicus that changes the launchsites in RSS. It's the KSCSwitcher plugin @regex wrote. (I admit I've not updated RSS/RO since 1.1.3, so things might have changed.) 

See this post:

The most up to date version is in the KSP-RO repo on GitHub:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher

In Ad Lunam I used both that KSCSwitcher plugin and an older plugin (that is now replaced by Kerbal Konstructs) to use KSC2 (Baikobanaur?).

@million_lights, I do agree with @Galileo that KSCSwitcher will likely not work for DMP, though I've also not tried it. Kerbal Konstructs is your best bet. 

Oh well yes, ksp is a completely different mod. I bought you were just wanting to move the KSC once. KSC switcher does the same thing but on the fly. Unfortunately, the sites only work one at a time. :/

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

Nope, nothing's changed. I passed off KSCSwitcher to the RO group for maintenance etc... I also highly doubt DMP will work with KSCSwitcher as it has precisely zero provisions for sync across a server. You may be able to use it locally, but the server might act strange when using it. In any case, I wouldn't recommend it.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

KSC switcher does the same thing but on the fly. Unfortunately, the sites only work one at a time. :/

Correct. The intention was for the user to choose a main launch site. I did investigate duplicating the KSC at one point but I fear we would have run into some very strange problems with it. Besides, Kerbal Konstructs handles that functionality; KSCSwitcher is mainly a tool for RSS/RO (where the focus is much more on space than making cross-country journeys across a low-PQS-res Earth) and for the end user to easily create new sites.

I was asking about multiple KSC looking launchsites because the "Space Center" scene in KSP always shows the stock one with clickable buildings.

I would have loved to keep the look of the actual launchsite and the "Space Center" scene similar. I feared that I would have to design my own KSC replica but thats not gonna happen :/

I tested DMP + KK + Kerbinside and the multiple launchsites.

They will show up for everybody IF they also have the mod. If not, the buildings just wont be there. DMP just relays the position of the crafts and ignores stuff that it is unable to load.

Pretty simple and failsave actually.

KSC Switcher would "work" but the actual buildings wont be visible for anybody else. Which isnt THAT bad!!!!

People are supposed to have their own launch site. so if its only visible to them that wont be an issue.

The issue I see here is that the launchsites of all the other people would be invisible. ruins the idea a bit I think.

I prefer the way KK handles it in mapview.

And after exploring all the launch sites that are included in KerbinSide I noticed that there arnt that many sites that have a launchpad AND a runway (not counting helipads as launchpads). That's another thing that makes it more complicated because people would have to claim 2 sites that arnt next to each other.

QUESTION: are there more "multi-use-launchsites"  that I could download and include to fix that issue?

But I think I now know whats possible and whats not.

Thank you guys a bunch for the feedback!

If you have ideas or suggestions go ahead! I'm listening :D

Edited by million_lights

@million_lights like I was saying earlier, you will probably have to create your own launch sites with KK to get both a launch pad AND and a runway. The statics are included in KK, they just need to be placed. I'm kind of surprised most sites already available don't have both. It's all personal taste I suppose. When I make a launch site I typically don't use planes of any kind, so I rarely add a runway. I assume who ever made the other sites probably did the same thing.

Edited by Galileo

Hi! I've been playing with KK for a few days and I enjoy it very much! Being a spaceX fan I tend to do a lot of booster recoveries. Is there a way to recover the vessel launched from KSC at a different site and get a bonus in recovered funds? Say instead of getting 20 because it's on the other side of Kerbin you get 60% for landing right on the launchpad of a different site. 

Also, I'm rather confused about the use of closing a base? It seems that closing a base costs more than opening one?

10 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

Hi! I've been playing with KK for a few days and I enjoy it very much! Being a spaceX fan I tend to do a lot of booster recoveries. Is there a way to recover the vessel launched from KSC at a different site and get a bonus in recovered funds? Say instead of getting 20 because it's on the other side of Kerbin you get 60% for landing right on the launchpad of a different site. 

Also, I'm rather confused about the use of closing a base? It seems that closing a base costs more than opening one?

This should be already the case, look at the recovery values + dostances of the launchsites. The StageRecovery Mod is also supported, so you don't need to land your stages manually. 

13 hours ago, stewartlittle_321 said:

Hello, I just got this mod and for some reason when I open stuff up from the starting screen (overlook of KSC) I get blank popups. I basically have no idea how to use this... Can anyone help with getting started?

hmm if you press the KK button on the stating screen, then you get the settings. if you press ctrl+k you need to be on a vessel for the editor to function right. You can simply use one of the many content packs and use thier launchsites without needing to edit anything.

I have put online a new testing release:

• CommNet Support: All Antennas are the same strength as the KSC.
  • RemoteTech Support: the most antennas have about 50.tkm range (Minmus orbit) (600x the value displayed on the map, this will change in the furure)
  • internal: New persistence layer for savegames

You need to enable the Support each of the setting in the KK mod settings (from the spacecenter KK-menue)

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.0

There are some quirks, when you close the groundstations and reopen them again, but restarting KSP solves that issues normally. I have no Idea what happens there, but normally nobody closes the facilites anyway.

A new test release is online.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/download/0.9.9.1/Kerbal-Konstructs-0.9.9.1.zip

Changes: 

* new: added dynamic runway markings by @whale_2. The model kourseXX will display the corresponding runway number according to its heading.
* Bugfix: On new carreer games the facitlities are no longer autoleveled. (introduced in last 0.9.9.0)

Thanks to @whale_2 great work you might see this on some more runways soon. 

4CCfe2u.png

RvlEYSh.png

Oi8HaEU.png

Edited by Ger_space
added download link

is there any other KK statics packs besides KerbinSide? I think one more mod has some maritime dock stuff but I'm looking mainly for additional tracking station dishes along with anything else that's out there

Erm... nevermind I didn't even look at the OP first. Fail

Edited by Drew Kerman

I was curious as to why in KK there's no real Rotate Function for an item (or is there? I'm still rather new to stuff like this and was wondering how you could Rotate an item in order for it to blend in with the Terrain (I've been fiddling around with Kerbin Cities City block and if there were a way to rotate an item then it would be easier to blend the Object with the scenery.

Just my thoughts.

Space_Coyote

36 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

I was curious as to why in KK there's no real Rotate Function for an item (or is there? I'm still rather new to stuff like this and was wondering how you could Rotate an item in order for it to blend in with the Terrain (I've been fiddling around with Kerbin Cities City block and if there were a way to rotate an item then it would be easier to blend the Object with the scenery.

Just my thoughts.

Space_Coyote

Have you tried the editor? If you look at the Screenshots in my previous message, you should see the heading, roll and pitch buttons.

A new PreRelease is online:

3qVIVRR.png4vmqwJk.png

Changes:

• You can now place the models from the KSC.
  • LaunchSiteIsHidden flag for Launchsites: Closed Launchsites are not shown in map or launchsite selector when marked "hidden". You need to go there first and open them
  • isScanable flag for instances: These objects will show up in anomaly scanners as marks.
  • a bunch of performance optimizations. KK will generate a lot less memory garbage (mostly flight an mapview)
  • Added new StaticModule: "FlagDecal" This is basicly the same module as for Parts. It sets a texture of a Model to th actual flag. (The model needs to support this)

You can grab the version here:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.3

2 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

A new PreRelease is online:

3qVIVRR.png4vmqwJk.png

Changes:

• You can now place the models from the KSC

This is good stuff! I can't wait to add some other KSC's around my planets! 

Oh yeah, have you given much thought to adding the capabilitY of taggin something as an anomaly? 

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This is good stuff! I can't wait to add some other KSC's around my planets! 

Oh yeah, have you given much thought to adding the capabilitY of taggin something as an anomaly? 

Not much thought was needed, it was easy... Have a second look at my post.. :-) You will see it also in the editor.

13 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Not much thought was needed, it was easy... Have a second look at my post.. :-) You will see it also in the editor.

Doh! I must have misread that! Ok I guess I have some work ahead of me now!

@Ger_space First of all HUGE thank you for adding the KSC assets! <3

I already made a copy of the KSC by flying to a random location and starting to build with "CTRL + K".

Only Issue.... The KSC Crawlerway is missing. D:
wMj5wnT.png

Any chance you missed that and it will be included in the next KK version?

*huge puppy eyes*

Is there a way to save this as a group and place a copy of it in another location?

Rebuilding this over and over again is really a pain when your aiming for pixel perfect placement :D

After Messing with it a bit more I noticed that you can't make the Runway and Launchpad a Launchsite -.-

KpiLmca.png

the blank gray square is what comes up when you click on "Facility Type:None"

Or can I just edit a cfg file to make it work?

Edited by million_lights
One doesnt simply post without editing

1 hour ago, MegaGamer328 said:

Hey I have a question about founding a new base it says Work in progress is there a way to make bases at all?

fly or drive to an new Location and then press ctrl+k.

This will bring up the editor. It might be a intimidating, but when you read carefully, then it's should be possible to get it sorted our.

1 hour ago, million_lights said:

@Ger_space First of all HUGE thank you for adding the KSC assets! <3

I already made a copy of the KSC by flying to a random location and starting to build with "CTRL + K".

Only Issue.... The KSC Crawlerway is missing. D:
wMj5wnT.png

Any chance you missed that and it will be included in the next KK version?

*huge puppy eyes*

Is there a way to save this as a group and place a copy of it in another location?

Rebuilding this over and over again is really a pain when your aiming for pixel perfect placement :D

oh, the crawlerway... I did not think about that.

I'll have a look and see what can be done.

about group editing: Shure you aren't a second account from @Galileo??? :D

it just more work than I like to do before the next full release, except if someone comes up with a set of editing window unity prefabs....

I could use a simple excell sheet to figure out the relative position to each other, not the biggest issue.

But right now I can't launch from my custom KSC and clipping a runway pointer below the launch positions doesnt seem to work ether.

I can set it as a launchsite but its not showing up in mapview or the launch site selection in the VAB/SPH. Am I doing somethign wrong?

Thank you again @Ger_space for your awesome work. I can't wait to work on my project :D

Edited by million_lights