[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

18 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Activate the setting in the cheats section. (KSP difficulty settings)

I would need a log file when this happens. (Without the setting activated) I could not reproduce this.

I'll see if I can provide you with one, thanks for your help! :) Found an ancient temple the other day via Kerbinside, was awesome.

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Ger_space Nice work all working as advertised , thanks for adding this :)

The complete version below,  (you want it for KS?) and has very little game impact, without scatterer installed clock is green even with multiple ships around.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I'll really like to include this int KS. This looks awsome. 

5 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Wait, KK can put wildlife in now?!?!?

And I thought AlphaAsh's version had feature creep! :wink:

Looks amazing, btw.

I'm as surprised as you. The only feature KK needed was some audio module (which has about 50 lines of code).

I dont know whats wrongs, but it keeps saying that I'm not using 1.3 and to revert to a previous version? I thought the current version is 1.3? My game is up-to-date and that only mod I have is Kerbinside and KAS.

4 hours ago, NAc said:

I dont know whats wrongs, but it keeps saying that I'm not using 1.3 and to revert to a previous version? I thought the current version is 1.3? My game is up-to-date and that only mod I have is Kerbinside and KAS.

I also don't have an idea. But if you upload the log files I might  have a look.

This might take some time, as I'm on vacation for the next two weeks.

I saw that the Air races were removed form the main mod and then added back in s a separate download, and I have installed both of these mods.  However the air race is still not showing up in the bay at KSC.   Have I messed up the install? or has this air race been removed from the mod?

EDIT:

Also would someone be willing to make a "shipyard" in the bay north of KSC so we have docks for our boats.   I have several submarines, an aircraft carrier,  several support ships for recovering pods and boosters after splash down etc.  even a few cruise ships and other "useless" boats like fishing boats and personal yachts etc.     it would be great if I had a nice shipyard/dock area to park them in with roads connecting back to KSC if possible.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I saw that the Air races were removed form the main mod and then added back in s a separate download, and I have installed both of these mods.  However the air race is still not showing up in the bay at KSC.   Have I messed up the install? or has this air race been removed from the mod?

EDIT:

Also would someone be willing to make a "shipyard" in the bay north of KSC so we have docks for our boats.   I have several submarines, an aircraft carrier,  several support ships for recovering pods and boosters after splash down etc.  even a few cruise ships and other "useless" boats like fishing boats and personal yachts etc.     it would be great if I had a nice shipyard/dock area to park them in with roads connecting back to KSC if possible.

Not sure about the air race, I don't use it.

For an awesome harbor, check out the link in @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s sig.

2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Have I messed up the install? or has this air race been removed from the mod?

I would say yes, you have messed up your install. The air race should be visible.

2 hours ago, KERBAL WARS said:

Does anyone know how to revert the "category" search query from the "spawn instance" tab?  

I cannot look at this right now, try an empty string as a search pattern. ( I might have forgotten the x button there...) 

I have hangars by the runways, lights extending off the end of the runway to mark the approach, there is some dish antennas around the globe in places, and a light house on the tip of the island with the old dirt runway.  I believe these all come from KK yes?

23 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I have hangars by the runways, lights extending off the end of the runway to mark the approach, there is some dish antennas around the globe in places, and a light house on the tip of the island with the old dirt runway.  I believe these all come from KK yes?

Yes this is really strange. You could install an old version of Kerbin-side and see if you have the air race. 

And over that installation you can copy the new Kerbin-side complete package.

not really a big deal, I did not really much care that the race is there it is just that I used the race markers for other things in my game.  they marked my "harbor" and gave me navigational aids for landing etc.   the air race was very secondary to the navigational aids it provided.   I would go run the race now and then when I was testing a new airplane, but I was not really dead set on setting speed records or anything.

hey folks.

I love the mod, have gotten to know it through 'Real KSC'.

It came with several launch pads (which look terrific!) and the Space Shuttle landing runway - and here is the problem.

I am for the life of me unable to use it. Yes, I can land on it, but I cannot launch planes from it.

I landed a plane on it, applied brakes, then opened the KK menu, but I could not find any option to activate it.

In the KK menu in the SPH/VAB, it is not even listed, and the default runway is listed as a launch-pad, which seems weird.

Is this the right place to ask for help about this? :)

Thank you all very much in advance.

/edit: I play with Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System and Realistic Progression Zero, if that helps.

Edited by sackfalte

2 hours ago, sackfalte said:

hey folks.

I love the mod, have gotten to know it through 'Real KSC'.

It came with several launch pads (which look terrific!) and the Space Shuttle landing runway - and here is the problem.

I am for the life of me unable to use it. Yes, I can land on it, but I cannot launch planes from it.

I landed a plane on it, applied brakes, then opened the KK menu, but I could not find any option to activate it.

In the KK menu in the SPH/VAB, it is not even listed, and the default runway is listed as a launch-pad, which seems weird.

Is this the right place to ask for help about this? :)

Thank you all very much in advance.

/edit: I play with Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System and Realistic Progression Zero, if that helps.

The missing ksc runway might be an error from KK, because the home planet is not Kerbin and I don't test kk with rss (Kopernikus) installed that often. (Any development help ist welcomed here on that front)

On the other hand, I'm surprised, that the GPS users didn't complain here about this.

The shuttle runway must be setup as a LaunchSite from within the real ksc mod and the model must contain a launch point transform. 

48 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

The missing ksc runway might be an error from KK, because the home planet is not Kerbin and I don't test kk with rss (Kopernikus) installed that often. (Any development help ist welcomed here on that front)

On the other hand, I'm surprised, that the GPS users didn't complain here about this.

The shuttle runway must be setup as a LaunchSite from within the real ksc mod and the model must contain a launch point transform. 

It's most likely an issue of the statics being buried under the terrain since KK statics are positioned at a fixed altitude above sea level and the terrain on earth is probably more elevated than on kerbin

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

Hm, just to make sure I did not mess up the description of the issue:

- the 'stock' KSC runway is unaffected
- the 'stock' KSC launch pad is unaffected

- there are several custom launch pads, such as LC-41, LC-39 and more

- when I'm in flight, I can see the Space Shuttle runway, I can land on it, it is behaving just fine
- the Space Shuttle runway has an instance (if I understand the terminology in here correctly) that I can call up in-flight

- in the VAB/SPH KK menu, it does not appear, though

29 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

It's most likely an issue of the statics being buried under the terrain since KK statics are positioned at a fixed altitude above sea level and the terrain on earth is probably more elevated than on kerbin

All the custom launch pads are fine, which are just a couple of hundreds of meters away. The Space Shuttle Runway looks and behaves fine, it's just that it doesn't appear as a Runway (or anything else) in the KK menu.

Thanks both of you for your feedback :) This is obviously not game-breaking, but it would be nice to have a long and working runway that's not a death trap.

At this moment, I would even go so far as pay for a 'flat runway' DLC for KSP 1.2.2 :confused:

9 minutes ago, sackfalte said:

All the custom launch pads are fine, which are just a couple of hundreds of meters away. The Space Shuttle Runway looks and behaves fine, it's just that it doesn't appear as a Runway (or anything else) in the KK menu.

At this moment, I would even go so far as pay for a 'flat runway' DLC for KSP 1.2.2 :confused:

OK, then the custom runway has no configuration for launching. Either by missing a launch transform in the model) or just by not defining a LaunchSite to it. The last one you could try on your own:

Place a vessel near (not onto) the runway, press ctrl+k and them point the mouse cursor over the runway and press the tab-key.

If the "make LaunchSite" button is grayed out you should talk to the "real ksc" creator. 

If you can make it a LaunchSite you should press save after editing and then restart KSP, because adding LaunchSites on the fly is only partially supported.

54 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

This is a custom mod for RSS only, so I expect the models show up where they should.:)

But I have not forgotten the features needed for SD :D

29 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

This is a custom mod for RSS only, so I expect the models show up where they should.:)

I wasn't implying anything about SD :D

I was just trying to help, but I didn't realize that the mod in question was made for RSS :)

17 hours ago, Ger_space said:

OK, then the custom runway has no configuration for launching. Either by missing a launch transform in the model) or just by not defining a LaunchSite to it. The last one you could try on your own:

Place a vessel near (not onto) the runway, press ctrl+k and them point the mouse cursor over the runway and press the tab-key.

If the "make LaunchSite" button is grayed out you should talk to the "real ksc" creator. 

If you can make it a LaunchSite you should press save after editing and then restart KSP, because adding LaunchSites on the fly is only partially supported.

yeah, 'make LaunchSite' is grayed out :( I will try and contact the guy(s) behind Real KSC again.

thanks for your help!

Hi!  Thank you for maintaining this mod, I've been having a lot of fun testing it.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have "negative refunds" assessed when you launch from certain sites. For example, I'd like the North Pole launch site to cost an extra 30%.  

I experimented with setting "LaunchRefund = -30"  (Negative 30)

When I view the base, it does show that the site offers a -30% refund, however when I launch rockets from the site, I don't get a pop up, i.e., "This launch normally costs 53624, ...." etc.

Is there some way to do this? 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Saybur Stuff said:

Hi!  Thank you for maintaining this mod, I've been having a lot of fun testing it.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have "negative refunds" assessed when you launch from certain sites. For example, I'd like the North Pole launch site to cost an extra 30%.  

I experimented with setting "LaunchRefund = -30"  (Negative 30)

When I view the base, it does show that the site offers a -30% refund, however when I launch rockets from the site, I don't get a pop up, i.e., "This launch normally costs 53624, ...." etc.

Is there some way to do this? 

Thanks!

Normally you get a message with the refunds, never a pop up.

This could be possible, but I have no eta when I will implement this.

11 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Normally you get a message with the refunds, never a pop up.

This could be possible, but I have no eta when I will implement this.

I meant a message, not a popup, sorry.

As for negative refunds (fees) for launching, it would be cool if it could be done.  I would think more sites would want to charge you for using their location than offering a refund :wink:

Thanks again,

I have a little problem with saving Launchsites. I use Quarter sized RSS with Real Launchsites. The sites are underground and I move them to a new location. Subsequently I save them. After Reload of the Game the sites are underground again. The only site who is saved is the Shuttle Landing Facility. All other sites cannot be saved.

I have the same issue cheesecake, I'm using Stock Size RSS and anything I create with KK ends up partially or completely buried. Oddly enough, opening KK and clicking on an instance snaps it back to where it should be. I assume this has something to do with the scaling but I'm not sure how to help resolve it?

edit: may also have to do with the loading order of mods (i.e. KK gets loaded in before the terrain adjustments are made?) I'm not sure here, just guessing in the blind?

Edited by jwalker343