[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

4 hours ago, Dgraz22 said:

here's the logs
KSP log: https://file.io/NZUx3h

output_log file: https://file.io/kpJm7C 

if there are any other logs you need, just let me know.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

I have recieved some complaints about the same thing in the GPP thread. Mostly people are getting trapped in buildings around KSC and having to force quit. I'll see if I can get some logs together for you from them.

OK, I saw the error in the Logs, but I have no Idea why this happens.

I tried to make a workaround for it (at least KK should not crash because of it). Maybe Kopernicus is messing with the planet names and leaves the old ones alive, so KK picks them up, so some old configs for kerbin could be causing some trouble.  

Please try this release and give some feedback.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.9.6

@Ger_space was able to access the SPH and VAB, but still no data being saved for the launchsites. static model still shows up, but no launchsite selection available. logs are here if needed:
output_log: https://file.io/ZGmxHJ
KSP log: https://file.io/F6FCUs

windows also not closing when save is hit. only closed after i manually closed them

also just noticed that the newest dev update (1.1.9.6) does not have a folder titled NewInstances. might be an issue..

Edited by Dgraz22

8 hours ago, Dgraz22 said:

@Ger_space was able to access the SPH and VAB, but still no data being saved for the launchsites. static model still shows up, but no launchsite selection available. logs are here if needed:
output_log: https://file.io/ZGmxHJ
KSP log: https://file.io/F6FCUs

windows also not closing when save is hit. only closed after i manually closed them

also just noticed that the newest dev update (1.1.9.6) does not have a folder titled NewInstances. might be an issue..

The folder will be created as needed. 

I think I have now a glue what is happening. Its related to RSS, and the default launchsites (Runway and Launchpad) have issues. I need to install RSS on a new dev folder and test this more. Thanks for your help. at least I now have a glue where the problem comes from. 

After this bug is fixed I will make a new full release.

6 hours ago, the_machemer said:

So when I recover a vessel, it recovers from the KSC rather than the base and then adds the recovery factor from the base I was at on top of that.  

Here's the output_log, never provided a log before so hope I've done so correctly. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjwrb738l6az2kr/output_log.txt?dl=0

thank you for the bug report. Yes it is done correctly. I don't see why this error occurs. (this shoulld not be happening). Are you using the latest release of Kerbin-Side? I'm just asking.

I'll try to repoduce this later and see if I can fix this. 

4 hours ago, Ger_space said:

thank you for the bug report. Yes it is done correctly. I don't see why this error occurs. (this shoulld not be happening). Are you using the latest release of Kerbin-Side? I'm just asking.

I'm pretty sure I've got the latest kerbin side, its for 1.3.0 and I just downloaded it off the release page a week ago. There's no rush, the debug menu is keeping the bean counters in Administration happy :D

On 8/31/2017 at 7:59 PM, the_machemer said:

So when I recover a vessel, it recovers from the KSC rather than the base and then adds the recovery factor from the base I was at on top of that.  

Here's the output_log, never provided a log before so hope I've done so correctly. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjwrb738l6az2kr/output_log.txt?dl=0

On 9/1/2017 at 2:21 AM, Ger_space said:

I just wanted to confirm I'm also getting this same bug. I notice that the normal recovery screen (where it lists the parts and values), says recovered "at Untagged" where it normally says [distance from KSC]. I tried at two different KK launchsites and got that same text, with a % recovery that seemed to be based on distance to KSC. I've got KK 1.1.0 and KS 1.4 installed from CKAN.

I just started to play with this mod again and first time in career mode. Recently lost a probe over Minimus, hence i have some questions.

Is it on purpose, that only the KSC is working as Kerbal Deep Space Network Point?

Am I supposed to find the other CommNet Stations by flying over Kerbin and then activate them?

Is there a way, I can get past this tedious task? Which points in the settings do I have to tick?

Otherwise this mod is great, thanks Ger_Space for maintaining this mod!

5 hours ago, duesenmilan said:

Am I supposed to find the other CommNet Stations by flying over Kerbin and then activate them?

You can open them from the tracking station; no need to travel to each one.

In the tracking station, click the KK toolbar button to show the KK controls near the top of the screen.  Then click the second and third of those control buttons, to show stations that are closed, including tracking ground stations.  Click on the icons for the ground stations and you can enable them.  (There's a fee for each.)

Edited by Wyzard

12 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

was using KK with SD to check for some bugs and I noticed that when I move the PQSCity mods from KK, the spawn point doesn't seem to move

is there an additional object you use to define where the ship gets created?

Hi that sound very odd, as the spawn point is the familiar, correctly rotated  Unity GameObject, placed within the model at creation time, rather than something that's added later via code or definition.  I would have thought that the two, model and spawn point were inseparable.  As there seems to be no ill effects from scaling (my) launch points, I'm wondering if the problem is related to where in the hierarchy the spawn point is located.

50 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi that sound very odd, as the spawn point is the familiar, correctly rotated  Unity GameObject, placed within the model at creation time, rather than something that's added later via code or definition.  I would have thought that the two, model and spawn point were inseparable.  As there seems to be no ill effects from scaling (my) launch points, I'm wondering if the problem is related to where in the hierarchy the spawn point is located.

I believe the spawn point is positioned by kk in the same position as the launchpad but as a different object that is not linked to the pad itself

so when I move the pad the spawn object remains in place

if you have any idea on what kind of object the spawn point is I can try to look for it and add code to move it

20 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Ger_space 

I was using KK with SD to check for some bugs and I noticed that when I move the PQSCity mods from KK, the spawn point doesn't seem to move

is there an additional object you use to define where the ship gets created?

its a transform within the models, which is linked to the PQSCity Object. So no extra Spawn points objects are defined. I'm a bit shocked, that you see problems when you move the PQSCity around.

12 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Is it possible to make an update to make whatever's in the mod or addon mods for this to be as destructible as the KSC

In therory yes is could be possible, but KK is lacking an interface to rebuild the objects, after they where destroyed and I really dislike making UI windows. Maybe in some really long winter nights I will try to implement this, so you really have to rebuild everything, but in the moment other things are a lot higher on my toDo list. (Like fixing some nasty bugs and better compatiility with terrin altering mods)

9 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

its a transform within the models, which is linked to the PQSCity Object. So no extra Spawn points objects are defined. I'm a bit shocked, that you see problems when you move the PQSCity around.

to move the pqscity I use the 

.repositionRadial

however the KerbalKonstructs.Core.Launchsite.transform.localPosition doesn't change so I need to update that one as well

I have solved this by adding a check to KKtoSD that makes sure all couples PQSCity-Launchsite have the same position after SD moved the PQSCity

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

to move the pqscity I use the 

.repositionRadial

however the KerbalKonstructs.Core.Launchsite.transform.localPosition doesn't change so I need to update that one as well

I have solved this by adding a check to KKtoSD that makes sure all couples PQSCity-Launchsite have the same position after SD moved the PQSCity

The LaunchSite transform should be irelevant, because It is only a GameObject, because I use a shared base class (so I get fancy config parsing for free). 

I also call 

pqsCity.Orientate();

after I move an object. Perhaps that is what is updating the Launchsite transorms. 

@Ger_space how do you select the altitude at which crafts are spawned? I assume the localPosition can only change the latitude and longitude, but there should probably be a way to define altitude and orientation (facing east rather than west or whatever you want) as well, right?

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

@Ger_space how do you select the altitude at which crafts are spawned? I assume the localPosition can only change the latitude and longitude, but there should probably be a way to define altitude and orientation (facing east rather than west or whatever you want) as well, right?

The altitude and the orientation are defined within the 3d model (there needs to be an transform and the name must be known) and KK only passes the name of the GameObject and the name of the transform to KSP. 

KSP then selects the gameobject and the transform from it and then places the vessel there. 

8 hours ago, Glitchgamer12 said:

Does this work in 1.3?

yes, read the headline.

5 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

The altitude and the orientation are defined within the 3d model (there needs to be an transform and the name must be known) and KK only passes the name of the GameObject and the name of the transform to KSP. 

if it's in the 3d model I assume it is an altitude calculated over the terrain level

so that when you move the building over a hill it still spawns crafts over the terrain

what I don't understand is how this will behave for floating buildings (Carrier ships), would the altitude need to account for the depth of the ocean floor?

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

if it's in the 3d model I assume it is an altitude calculated over the terrain level

so that when you move the building over a hill it still spawns crafts over the terrain

what I don't understand is how this will behave for floating buildings (Carrier ships), would the altitude need to account for the depth of the ocean floor?

If the PQSCity is configured to use the Terrain as reference, then you need to take account for the ocean depth. If you use the (current KK Default) the PQSSphere, then the ocean is free and the terrain is messy, when you rescale.

Thats the reason I have some headages about changing the PQS reference System. I don't like the idea of checking every KSide static if ist floating.

For clarification:

PQSCity Object --> contains/places(around the globe) the 3d Model --> contains the spawn point transform.

11 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

If the PQSCity is configured to use the Terrain as reference, then you need to take account for the ocean depth. If you use the (current KK Default) the PQSSphere, then the ocean is free and the terrain is messy, when you rescale.

Thats the reason I have some headages about changing the PQS reference System. I don't like the idea of checking every KSide static if ist floating.

For clarification:

PQSCity Object --> contains/places(around the globe) the 3d Model --> contains the spawn point transform.

I'm still at a loss of why when I move the PQSCity mod the spawn point doesn't move.

if I understand correctly what you say, the spawn point should load where the pqscity mod is, instead it doesn't seem to move.

I'll try to use the pqsCity.Orientate(); as you suggested before, to see if this changes the final result.