[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

10 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

From Research Bodies, i never see similar window with other KK's objects.

That's cause KK objects are just static objects.....
The Observatory in ResearchBodies is an actual Upgradable and Destructible KSC Facility.

@Ger_space In the current release of KK i can only get one ground station in GPP. Doesn't matter if I enable/disable them in the settings. Nothing changes it. Makes getting around a pain.

EDIT: Disregard above. As far as I can tell, disabling them does work and brings back the ground stations ONLY when you disable them in the settings before starting a new game. I can't disable them in the middle of a career. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Maybe KK can make that configurable so mods or planet packs can set that to either enabled or disabled with an MM patch, depending on what their needs are? 

EDIT: choosing to disable them at the start of a new game isn't persistent. At some point the tracking stations always disappear. 

Edited by Galileo

43 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@Ger_space In the current release of KK i can only get one ground station in GPP. Doesn't matter if I enable/disable them in the settings. Nothing changes it. Makes getting around a pain.

EDIT: Disregard above. As far as I can tell, disabling them does work and brings back the ground stations ONLY when you disable them in the settings before starting a new game. I can't disable them in the middle of a career. If I'm wrong please let me know.

I was able to restore stock ground station in my career by changing the setting and than reinstalling KK. Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, Eskell said:

I was able to restore stock ground station in my career by changing the setting and than reinstalling KK. Hope that helps.

Yeah that’s a way, but I hope it will be fixed in a future update too. Thanks!

I've been trying the last release with 1.3.1 and I can't change the facility type for new objects. The window doesn't show any entries, and the log is spammed with:

[EXC 05:22:15.794] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText, Char maskChar)
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText)
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoTextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, Boolean multiline, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.TextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	KerbalKonstructs.UI.FacilityEditor.drawFacilityEditorWindow (Int32 id)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 05:22:15.798] ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoBox (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.Box (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Will this work for RSS?

Kerbal konstructs is just a tool to add buildings and other static objects, there are other mods that add more, but are developed for the stock game. I have yet to see a KK mod made for RSS, so you will likely have to make your own.

On 18.10.2017 at 6:14 PM, Galileo said:

Maybe KK can make that configurable so mods or planet packs can set that to either enabled or disabled with an MM patch, depending on what their needs are? 

EDIT: choosing to disable them at the start of a new game isn't persistent. At some point the tracking stations always disappear. 

You need to restart ksp after you disabled the ground stations support within kk. If you ever load a save game with it enabled, bad things could happen. ( KK needs to destroy the original ground stations do only the KK ones are active) 

It's messy I know, but I cannot do anything about it. I can't deactivate or modify the stock ground stations. That's my problem. 

12 hours ago, karamazovnew said:

I've been trying the last release with 1.3.1 and I can't change the facility type for new objects. The window doesn't show any entries, and the log is spammed with:

[EXC 05:22:15.794] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText, Char maskChar)
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText)
	UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoTextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, Boolean multiline, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.TextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
[EXC 05:22:15.798] ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoBox (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.Box (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)

I'll check this later. I only got now the worst a modern could have: a new girlfriend :D

That's why my activities in the forum is a bit less then usual.

21 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

You need to restart ksp after you disabled the ground stations support within kk. If you ever load a save game with it enabled, bad things could happen. ( KK needs to destroy the original ground stations do only the KK ones are active) 

It's messy I know, but I cannot do anything about it. I can't deactivate or modify the stock ground stations. That's my problem. 

I'll check this later. I only got now the worst a modern could have: a new girlfriend :D

That's why my activities in the forum is a bit less then usual.

OK great! Sorry if it had been covered already. I tried looking through the last several pages and probably skimmed right over it. Thanks again!

On 3-10-2017 at 2:14 PM, Omega482 said:

Here's an update on what I've been working on! Finally got some stuff working in game!   

-zip-

I don't want to seem like a spammer in this thread, so I'll probably make a dev thread soon. Unless people don't mind me posting updates here? (Seriously, I don't want to seem like I'm self-promoting stuff in another mod's thread)

Still, have some issues before I can release anything, mostly texture and materials work. Might have a small private beta release if people are interested in testing the statics out.

OMG dude, those look amazing, can't wait when you decide to release it! 

Edited by damonvv

I think I might have some weird mod interaction going on. With Kerbal Konstructs installed the main menu doesn't work. The Icon for loading screen manager works registers clicks and shows it's menu. Scatter's menu works. KSP AVC menu works, but the main menu options don't highlight when the mouse is over them and don't register clicks. You have to force the window to close through the OS, and obviously, can't start a game. After removing KK and reloading everything works as it should.

It's not just 1.3.1, I wasn't using KK on version 1.3.0 for the same reason, and this is an entirely fresh install on an entirely fresh OS...

I've tried it on a completely fresh install with no other mods and there was no problem. The minimum number of mods I've tested with where I've seen this problem is:

Spoiler

Contract Configurator
Custom Barn Kit
EVE
GPP
KK
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
Module Manager
GPP Rescale
Scatter
Sigma Dimensions
Strategia

9 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I think I might have some weird mod interaction going on. With Kerbal Konstructs installed the main menu doesn't work. The Icon for loading screen manager works registers clicks and shows it's menu. Scatter's menu works. KSP AVC menu works, but the main menu options don't highlight when the mouse is over them and don't register clicks. You have to force the window to close through the OS, and obviously, can't start a game. After removing KK and reloading everything works as it should.

It's not just 1.3.1, I wasn't using KK on version 1.3.0 for the same reason, and this is an entirely fresh install on an entirely fresh OS...

I've tried it on a completely fresh install with no other mods and there was no problem. The minimum number of mods I've tested with where I've seen this problem is:

Reveal hidden contents

Contract Configurator
Custom Barn Kit
EVE
GPP
KK
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
Module Manager
GPP Rescale
Scatter
Sigma Dimensions
Strategia

These issues could come from either a mod bundles kk or a mod called loading screen manager or something like that.

This doesn't work well with kk. 

If you cannot find it, please upload the ksp log file to a place where I can access them, after I return home. ( In two weeks) 

11 hours ago, Ger_space said:

These issues could come from either a mod bundles kk or a mod called loading screen manager or something like that.

This doesn't work well with kk. 

If you cannot find it, please upload the ksp log file to a place where I can access them, after I return home. ( In two weeks) 

I didn't really notice anything in the Log file myself but I can upload it asap. I tried removing loading screen, but that didn't do anything. It wasn't until I removed Galileo Planet Pack that the issue resolved fully, so I guess that it's something to do with one of GPPs bundled mods. I'll keep testing and let you know.

EDIT: On further investigation, it's definitely something to do with GPP's KSC++ settings. Deleting that folder from GPP removes the issue entirely.
EDIT EDIT: It looks like it's a problem specifically with Linux, same machine running windows doesn't have the problem.

Edited by Citizen247

Some further issues:

Every time I restart KSP statics are floating above the ground:

vvC48XY.png

They don't seem to save the altitude position. Just opening the editor snaps the model to the ground (but lower than I set it previously):

jSSCReZ.jpg

The colliders seem to be turned off every time as well.

Also, planes occasionally fall through statics, though that could well be the glitchy KSP engine since occasionally I can find craft falling through the ground as well.

OlmAG7K.jpg

Finally, when I add a launchsite there seems to be no way to open it. It appears in the menu as a launchsite, but is unusable. I have to quit KSP and change the setting in the "OpenCloseState" in the config to Open manually. Then it can be used properly.

Log file

Edited by Citizen247
To make the images actually work.

HEEEEEY Big problem. My home base runway and launchpads seem to be mistaken by some other base and I can't launch from my original base... Weird?... I have selected the go to there to open setting, and launch from everywhere as well... In 1.3.... Is this known bug or should I provide more information and logs? Maybe it's a known issue?

EDIT: Dull Spot opens instead of runway and launchpad of ksc. Like it's overwritten.... Even in the SPH when i click on KK and try to select these two, Dull spot is selected instead (in the selected launchsite menu, and I don't even have it opened, so it is weirder that it takes me there...)

EDIT 2: Now I went to the settings of KK, unchecked the launch anywhere option, and it now selects the correct runway, but can't click on select this launchsite, or make it as default.... so I can't launch from my home runway still!

On 10/28/2017 at 11:42 AM, Citizen247 said:

I didn't really notice anything in the Log file myself but I can upload it asap. I tried removing loading screen, but that didn't do anything. It wasn't until I removed Galileo Planet Pack that the issue resolved fully, so I guess that it's something to do with one of GPPs bundled mods. I'll keep testing and let you know.

EDIT: On further investigation, it's definitely something to do with GPP's KSC++ settings. Deleting that folder from GPP removes the issue entirely.
EDIT EDIT: It looks like it's a problem specifically with Linux, same machine running windows doesn't have the problem.

Confirmed. I have opened a thread with the same issue yesterday.

Logs: https://home.hvt.bme.hu/~kubi/ksp/KSP_DeadMenu_GPP_KSC++.tgz

The other thread:

9 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Did you try without sd to see if the bug appears even without my mod?

Just by removing the 2.5x scale mod, but keeping Sigma Dimensions the menu works again.

So I need all:

1. Galileo Planet Pack with GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/Anomalies/DeadKraken.cfg and IceHenge.cfg
  2. Sigma Dimensions
  3. Rescale 2.5x
  4. Kerbal-Konstruct

In case any of these is missing, the main menu works fine.

If I have the option enable extra ground stations on, and also on the KK settings it is on, and I have openes some bases... why they don't connect to my vessels? 
KSP LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq9jcl4o4m72yiw/KSP.rar?dl=0
Also I should add that I don't have  Kerbin-Side GroundControl installed. Maybe that's the problem? I thought those were just complementary. Installing this will fix my network? does this install more buildings as well? 

Edited by Agustin

14 hours ago, kubi said:

Just by removing the 2.5x scale mod, but keeping Sigma Dimensions the menu works again.

So I need all:

1. Galileo Planet Pack with GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/Anomalies/DeadKraken.cfg and IceHenge.cfg
  2. Sigma Dimensions
  3. Rescale 2.5x
  4. Kerbal-Konstruct

In case any of these is missing, the main menu works fine.

so, without the Kraker and IceHenge  the game runs correctly?

On 10/30/2017 at 3:28 PM, Citizen247 said:

Some further issues:

Every time I restart KSP statics are floating above the ground:

vvC48XY.png

They don't seem to save the altitude position. Just opening the editor snaps the model to the ground (but lower than I set it previously):

jSSCReZ.jpg

The colliders seem to be turned off every time as well.

Also, planes occasionally fall through statics, though that could well be the glitchy KSP engine since occasionally I can find craft falling through the ground as well.

OlmAG7K.jpg

Finally, when I add a launchsite there seems to be no way to open it. It appears in the menu as a launchsite, but is unusable. I have to quit KSP and change the setting in the "OpenCloseState" in the config to Open manually. Then it can be used properly.

Log file

you saw the "enable colliders" button in the editor? And there is a save button. Try to use it after you moved the static.

On 11/5/2017 at 2:12 AM, Agustin said:

If I have the option enable extra ground stations on, and also on the KK settings it is on, and I have openes some bases... why they don't connect to my vessels? 
KSP LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq9jcl4o4m72yiw/KSP.rar?dl=0
Also I should add that I don't have  Kerbin-Side GroundControl installed. Maybe that's the problem? I thought those were just complementary. Installing this will fix my network? does this install more buildings as well? 

if you don't have any Goundstations from Kerbin-Side (either the complete package or gourndControl) then don't enable the support for custom groundstations. It will remove all stock groundstations, because why should anyone pay for a groundstations, when you get them for free around the globe? 

Changes to groundstation support need a restart to KSP, because I cannot reenable the stock stations.