[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Hi! I have a question. Does any of you guys know how I can get the smoke you see when you launch a rocket. I've made my own LaunchPad and I was wondering what module I need and what the config needs. Many thanks :) 

12 hours ago, damonvv said:

Hi! I have a question. Does any of you guys know how I can get the smoke you see when you launch a rocket. I've made my own LaunchPad and I was wondering what module I need and what the config needs. Many thanks :) 

AFAIK that has nothing to do with the static other than proper collision meshes so the smoke is deflected through the trenches. The ground smoke effect is a module attached to engine part configs

Hey there, gents. I was wondering if it is at all possible to start with the KSC closed and a different KK runway / facility opened. I'd like to make a career where I start in the desert with X-planes and sounding rockets, then later move to the KSC, as in real life. Possible?

Alternatively, is it possible to have more than just the KSC open when starting a new career with KK?

Edited by theonegalen

11 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

AFAIK that has nothing to do with the static other than proper collision meshes so the smoke is deflected through the trenches. The ground smoke effect is a module attached to engine part configs

What type of collider do I need on top of the “drains”, So both the smoke can go through while nothing can really fall through it like the KSC launchpad?

Update; I've tried various approaches to this, but I get roughly the same results;
5InAlcN.png

Edited by damonvv

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

What type of collider do I need on top of the “drains”, So both the smoke can go through while nothing can really fall through it like the KSC launchpad?

that's as far as my knowledge goes, and I still maintain that I could be wrong

Just now, Drew Kerman said:

that's as far as my knowledge goes, and I still maintain that I could be wrong

Alright, thanks for your time, I'll play around more to see if maybe a module could fix this.

On 1/4/2018 at 12:38 AM, theonegalen said:

Hey there, gents. I was wondering if it is at all possible to start with the KSC closed and a different KK runway / facility opened. I'd like to make a career where I start in the desert with X-planes and sounding rockets, then later move to the KSC, as in real life. Possible?

Alternatively, is it possible to have more than just the KSC open when starting a new career with KK?

You could try KSC Switcher. I think there is a link to it from the RSS thread.

Edit: Here it is:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases

Edited by Mandella

On 4-1-2018 at 10:20 AM, damonvv said:

Update; I've tried various approaches to this, but I get roughly the same results;
5InAlcN.png

Can i ask, is that on the picture for the mod wich also adds the radio tower and buildings to the SPH? or am i giving compliments to the wrong person? it looks great eitherway

Edited by Youre_avarage_Kerbal
had to fix it because i think i commented on the wrong person

8 minutes ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

Can i ask, is that on the picture for the mod wich also adds the radio tower and buildings to the SPH? or am i giving compliments to the wrong person? it looks great eitherway

I made the launchpad myself last week;
I6KkJI5.png

Just now, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

looks great! is there a download link for it? or is it stil a work in progress version?

Still work in progress! I'll make a forum post on it soon the upcoming week in #addon-development

On 30.10.2017 at 3:28 PM, Citizen247 said:

Some further issues:

Every time I restart KSP statics are floating above the ground:

vvC48XY.png

They don't seem to save the altitude position. Just opening the editor snaps the model to the ground (but lower than I set it previously):

jSSCReZ.jpg

The colliders seem to be turned off every time as well.

Also, planes occasionally fall through statics, though that could well be the glitchy KSP engine since occasionally I can find craft falling through the ground as well.

OlmAG7K.jpg

Finally, when I add a launchsite there seems to be no way to open it. It appears in the menu as a launchsite, but is unusable. I have to quit KSP and change the setting in the "OpenCloseState" in the config to Open manually. Then it can be used properly.

Log file

Hey @Citizen247

could you solve your problem with the floating statics? I have the same problem, after restart of the game they float, open the editor snap them back to the ground. And i can also not choose the static as a Launchside in the VAB.

(Yes, i used "make Launchside"/ "enable colliders" and every save button in the different menus)
Seems like youre using a scaled Kerbin system as well?!

Thanks

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Hey @Citizen247

could you solve your problem with the floating statics?

It's because of sigma dimensions. You need to place statics in unscaled to get the correct height.

And i can also not choose the static as a Launchside in the VAB.

Yeah for some reason they won't let me art them to open in game. I have to edit the static config file after placement.

Seems like youre using a scaled Kerbin system as well?!

Thanks

Yes I play on a custom 10x rescale.

can anyone confirm if the latest KK on v1.3.1 is copy/pasting locations correctly or that the target snap is working okay? I copy a static position and paste it to another static and the heading and altitude nearly match up but it doesn't affect the Lat/Lng position. Also I toggle an object in the main window for a Snap target and select another object but when I click the Snap to Target button nothing happens. Am I missing something??

Hey, first time downloading this mod (seen the old version but didnt install it) and im confused on how to see the other bases, there is no button that i can see or contructions, did i install it wrong or it needs somekind of activation?

Im using other mods with it, i dont know if its another one causing the "vanishing" of the constructions. and i think it should work on sandbox right?

Edited by Lucash121

Love to see this mod back and working good.  I am getting this on occasion in the VAB, but it seems harmless.  

[EXC 19:58:16.955] ArgumentException: Getting control 22's position in a group with only 22 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	KerbalKonstructs.UI.BaseManager.drawBaseManagerWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

output log https://drive.google.com/open?id=16ysrG3L77OPZJcmiCjd_Rm10zbc82MVI

EDIT: This does not happen with a minimum install, so its caused by the presence of one my my other mods. 

Edited by eberkain

Hey man i seen someone else have this issue but it looks like he just got ignored, so I CANNOT launch from KSC. Everytime I click on the launchpad or runway it directs me to "dull spot" every damn time, i literally cant even play because I cant take off from KSC so this is pretty annoying. I dont even have dull spot opened so i dont know why it keeps spawning me there. Please help!!!

speaking of floating objects...

I am not sure which KK mod this comes from.  probably not Kerbinside as I just saw them recently and that has been installed in most of my games.  maybe Kerbin City or KSC++ ...  I have installed several KK mods, so not sure.

However if anybody can tell me what mod added them I will report that to the author.  and I have no knowledge of editing bases.  so any help in removing/fixing these floating objects would be great.

y4m3DMW7HnygfS91hjFVTp_sFoa_osdQYP0ukNrq

y4mCVoSZq8cUAqjjvFBwzq8KmG1MnUdyN-hFqoGQ

y4mPji24H0a7tPBO1bcYWdxJJOTU0jspzb8m0Knt

48 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

speaking of floating objects...

I am not sure which KK mod this comes from.  probably not Kerbinside as I just saw them recently and that has been installed in most of my games.  maybe Kerbin City or KSC++ ...  I have installed several KK mods, so not sure.

However if anybody can tell me what mod added them I will report that to the author.  and I have no knowledge of editing bases.  so any help in removing/fixing these floating objects would be great.

IIRC, remove them from the 'KSCUpgrades' group and they should spawn in the "right" place.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:46 PM, Controllerless said:

Hey man i seen someone else have this issue but it looks like he just got ignored, so I CANNOT launch from KSC. Everytime I click on the launchpad or runway it directs me to "dull spot" every damn time, i literally cant even play because I cant take off from KSC so this is pretty annoying. I dont even have dull spot opened so i dont know why it keeps spawning me there. Please help!!!

Do you have the Launch from Anywhere cheat enabled?  

Hi, I'm trying to go to the Mun and I'm trying to launch from the Great EZ Kapes launchpad to simulate a launch from Florida, but the latitude makes my orbital inclination so different than the Mun.

What is the best way to launch to the Mun (Apollo style) from a higher latitude without having to do a "match target inclination maneuver"?