[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

It seems 1.3.0.0 and 1.3.0.1 are broken for me with KSP 1.3.1 x64 (windows), Kerbin Side complete 1.4, Kerbal Construction Time 1.3.0.43 (dev ver), ResearchBodies 1.9.6, Kerbin Side GAP 2.3, and over 100 of other mods. Reverting KK back to 1.2.0.4 fixes everything.

The problem is that in Space Center view buildings appear, but in the actual game they do not. List of facilities around KSP when clicking KK button is also empty. I am unable to launch new vehicles from Space Center from VAB or SPH using Kerbal Construction Time menu, since clicking "Launch" does not do anything (though it probably just needs a KCT update).

Logs: <broken link>

Edited by Xilexio

7 hours ago, Ger_space said:

ok here is a quick fix for the problems in the SPH.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.3.0.1

@MaxPeck thanks for the quick report.

It seems like a lot of work, but believe me when I say this is an essential mod.  Keep up the good work bud, and thanks!

Edit after-the-fact:  It doesn't look like anything was updated on Github - last entry shows 20 days ago.  Of course, I don't know much about GitHub, so it could just be the way it works.

Edited by MaxPeck

2 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

It seems like a lot of work, but believe me when I say this is an essential mod.  Keep up the good work bud, and thanks!

Edit after-the-fact:  It doesn't look like anything was updated on Github - last entry shows 20 days ago.  Of course, I don't know much about GitHub, so it could just be the way it works.

Yes that is normal as I was lazy and updated only the prereleases and only increased the verion number. It's a easy way to collegt the changelog when I publish testing releases (mostly for some modders, as nobody tested the launchsite menu.

3 hours ago, Xilexio said:

It seems 1.3.0.0 and 1.3.0.1 are broken for me with KSP 1.3.1 x64 (windows), Kerbin Side complete 1.4, Kerbal Construction Time 1.3.0.43 (dev ver), ResearchBodies 1.9.6, Kerbin Side GAP 2.3, and over 100 of other mods. Reverting KK back to 1.2.0.4 fixes everything.

The problem is that in Space Center view buildings appear, but in the actual game they do not. List of facilities around KSP when clicking KK button is also empty. I am unable to launch new vehicles from Space Center from VAB or SPH using Kerbal Construction Time menu, since clicking "Launch" does not do anything (though it probably just needs a KCT update).

Logs: https://file.io/Y9HLEX

Sorry, I cannot access the File. I get an error message. 

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

Yes that is normal as I was lazy and updated only the prereleases and only increased the verion number. It's a easy way to collegt the changelog when I publish testing releases (mostly for some modders, as nobody tested the launchsite menu.

Sorry, I cannot access the File. I get an error message. 

Sorry. So much for using random places to anonymously upload files instead of being able to attach them on forums. I'll replicate the problem again and open an issue on github.

EDIT: See https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/issues/66.

Edited by Xilexio

1 hour ago, Xilexio said:

Sorry. So much for using random places to anonymously upload files instead of being able to attach them on forums. I'll replicate the problem again and open an issue on github.

EDIT: See https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/issues/66.

I posted a prerelease: can you test it please? I cannot reprodice the problem, I only see it in the logfiles. It is enough when you say the problem is fixed or not. I don't need more logfiles-

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.3.0.2

I hope the bug hunting is now over: Version 1.3.0.3 is now live:

• Bugfix: Small error in the mapdecaleditor
  • BugFix: #66 Fic KTC integration & better player position detection

Download for KSP 1.3.1

Download for KSP 1.2.2

I think the worst bugs are now out, so I start this weekend to and work on KSP 1.4 integration. Maybe I get something ready as soon 1.4.1 is released

Just threw in 1.3.0.6. First thing to notice was all my Eve statics gone. Instance files are in place, no relevant errors in log. Reverting back to 1.2.9.9 brought them back. 

@Ger_space, do you want me to look deeper into it? (Also, I must fix some NPEs in AutoKourse, I know)

1 hour ago, whale_2 said:

Just threw in 1.3.0.6. First thing to notice was all my Eve statics gone. Instance files are in place, no relevant errors in log. Reverting back to 1.2.9.9 brought them back. 

@Ger_space, do you want me to look deeper into it? (Also, I must fix some NPEs in AutoKourse, I know)

Yes please. Can you send me the configfiles for your statics? My the ones I tested on Lythe are placed, so anything outside kerbin is working. 

I reworked your AutoKourse module, so Eskandare can create some new runways with it. Maybe it is already fixed. 

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I had no idea multiple launch sites were in store for 1.4.1 -- I hope this bodes well/interesting for KK!

Good luck! :D

in the worst case Kerbal Konstructs wil require the DLC to be installed, but I have not yet startet the porting to 1.4

The last release for 1.3.1 is nearly finished. Some more playtesting would be nice, before I trash everything for 1.4.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.3.9.3

This release is going to be the baseline for all "Kerbin-Side reloaded" released (and classic Kerbin-Side) 

The offworld SpaceCenter overview will be 1.4.X Stuff, I gave up after three days to make the planets working. I need more time for that. but everything on the home planet is working fine.

Finally the last release for KSP 1.3.1 and 1.2.2 is out: 

Kerbal Konstructs: "Away with the KSC"

Main Features:

• The SpaceCenter Camera now focuses on the last LaunchSite used (if its on the home planet) 
  • This Version includes all StaticModules that will be used for the Kerbin-Side rebuild 
  • Reworked the landing Guides, so they are more usefull

You can get it here:

Latest Release
KSP 1.2.2 Release

Special thanks to:

@Xilexio who tested every bit of Kerbal Konstructs and provided me countless bugreports. 
@Eskandare and @Omega482 who had are busy in vreating new statics for Kerbin-Side rebuild

The buildings are clickable, so they will switch to the right scene (radars to trackingsation, runways to SPH and launchpads to VAB ... ) The nice tooltips from the original KSP are missing, but they will be delivered on 1.4.X

HY2q5fM.pngx9GvtZE.png

Outlook:

I'll start porting to KSP1.4 now. 

Changelog:

For players

• BugFix: The last LaunchSite used should not be resetted all the time
  • BugFix: KCT is annoying: repairing it made some bugs visible in the code.
  • BugFix: Default LaunchSies are now set correctly
  • NGS should now work correctly
  • The SpaceCenter view will now show the last LaunchSite used. (you can switch this off in the configs)
  • Most facilities will bring you to the correspondig SC facility scenses when clicked from the SpaceCenter overview.
  • You can have the Keribin-Side and Stock CommNet GroundStations at the same time (config switch in the settings) You don't need to restart KSP to change that behavior
  • Landing Guides reworkd to be more useful and less annoying

For modders

• LaunchSites are now fully usable after placing them. No need to restart KSP to test them.
  • reworked the AutoKourse Static Module. The digit meshes are freely configuable and you can adjust the heading offset.
  • Added a PAPI StaticModule (for Eskandare)
  • KK will redeploy all statics after a GameDatabase reload. (this will Reset your Facilities, so handle with care)
  • Added a DishAnimate Static Module for easy animation of antennas. (They are controlled by the same module as the stock antennas)
  • LaunchSite editor: You can define the initial angle of the SpaceCenter camera (clockwise from the LaunchSite forward vector)
  • BugFix:The Category Search is now woking again in the models overview
  • the AdvancedTexture Modules allows multiple meshes in a comma seperated list
  • the AdvancedTexture caches the builtin textures for faster loading.
  • AdvancedTexture Module: Addes a BuiltinIndex = , so you can refer to diffrent textures with the same name.

Internal

• changed internal LaunchSite handling. (for easier KSP1.4 migration)
  • BugFix: no more errors in the logfile, when placing Squads buildings.

5 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Just as @Ger_space mentioned above @Omega482, and I are remaking Kerbin Side. The tentative title is Kerbin Side Remastered.

Sorry, I'm late to the party. Kerbin Side is getting revamped? :o

Can I ask which specific KSP version you are currently testing this? (e.g. 1.X.XXXX). Can I also ask which version you are targetting?
I am holding on updating to KSP 1.4 for now since I think most of the mods I have installed have not yet updated to the current version, and I'm afraid updating to the latest might brick my career save.

Then, I also have an issue in my KK and Kerbin Side install wherein some the positions of the statics are either underground/have the wrong inclination/is floating in the air etc. What I'm doing is painstakingly editing the positions using the KK editor, but if Kerbin Side is getting revamped, I wonder if the new one will be able to fix my issues?

1 hour ago, johnkeale said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party. Kerbin Side is getting revamped? :o

Can I ask which specific KSP version you are currently testing this? (e.g. 1.X.XXXX). Can I also ask which version you are targetting?
I am holding on updating to KSP 1.4 for now since I think most of the mods I have installed have not yet updated to the current version, and I'm afraid updating to the latest might brick my career save.

Then, I also have an issue in my KK and Kerbin Side install wherein some the positions of the statics are either underground/have the wrong inclination/is floating in the air etc. What I'm doing is painstakingly editing the positions using the KK editor, but if Kerbin Side is getting revamped, I wonder if the new one will be able to fix my issues?

The targeted Version is ksp 1.2.2 and 1.3.1  and hopefully 1.4.1 ( as soon I get ksp working)

I don't know why some people have problems with thier current Kerbin-side installs. But every base is going to be reworked at some point.

There will be some small edits at the current bases, but this will all change with the remastered version.

1 hour ago, whale_2 said:

That's fantastic! Did you guys manage to get the approach lights work like the real thing?
Precision Approach Path Indicator

Yes, the lights are fully animated for a given glide path of around 3 degrees. ( All white when above 6 degrees) 

In the image the active vessel is either behind the lights or too low 

32 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I don't know why some people have problems with thier current Kerbin-side installs. But every base is going to be reworked at some point.

I find my issue really weird too. But in my KSP head canon, I need Kerbin-side. That's why I'm fixing the bases as I visit them. Sorry I am still not able to test using the method I mentioned in the Kerbin-side thread, but it seems that I do not need to do it since there will be a remaster for Kerbin-side.

Here's hoping my issue can get fixed on the remaster.

35 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Yes, the lights are fully animated for a given glide path of around 3 degrees. ( All white when above 6 degrees) 

Oh, the runway lights have a function when you try to land? Didn't know that haha. Well I have to master landing airplanes first I guess.

Anyway, really thanks for all the hard work. Cheers~

4 hours ago, johnkeale said:

This is caused by the terrain settings being set at default. AlphaAsh's version of KerbinSide was placed with terrain settings at maximum. I'm currently using default for the new static placement as not everyone has machines that can handle the full settings. Also I discovered poor calls at maximum settings on certain parts of the planet.

15 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

This is caused by the terrain settings being set at default. AlphaAsh's version of KerbinSide was placed with terrain settings at maximum. I'm currently using default for the new static placement as not everyone has machines that can handle the full settings. Also I discovered poor calls at maximum settings on certain parts of the planet.

OK, that explains all. 

I also changed the internal reference system to be height above ground. 

But the current Kerbin-side cfg files still use the old settings. 

I'll rework Kerbin-side in a few weeks, then the statics should be either places on mapdecals or follow the terrain at the different levels. 

16 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Just a small teaser of the new KSC upgrades just to show off the style and quality of the work being done.

Shut up, and take our *imaginary* money! :D

Seriously, though -- that looks fantastic. Actual taxi-ways -- who'dathunkit?

13 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Wow, that explains it. I'm really glad to see that the issue I have reported is has a real cause, and not just minute quantum fluctuations of the of the electrons on my computer :wink:

That being said, won't the new version cause an issue for everyone else? Seeing as only a handful of people share the same issue as mine.

Anyway, I guess I'll stop editing the positions now. I'm really really looking forward to revamped Kerbin-side. Thanks for all the hard work!

13 hours ago, Ger_space said:

OK, that explains all. 

I also changed the internal reference system to be height above ground. 

But the current Kerbin-side cfg files still use the old settings. 

I'll rework Kerbin-side in a few weeks, then the statics should be either places on mapdecals or follow the terrain at the different levels. 

Also thanks to Ger_space for all the hard work :)