[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

i loaded kerbal konstructs with kerbin-side and some of the bases were in the ground making some of the bases un-usable. i dont know if this cant be fixed or what. buti just wanted to mention it.

2 hours ago, OPBlue said:

i loaded kerbal konstructs with kerbin-side and some of the bases were in the ground making some of the bases un-usable. i dont know if this cant be fixed or what. buti just wanted to mention it.

Set the terrain details to high. This should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ger_space said:

Changes for players:

• some suprprise that is fitting for the end of the year.

For those having not found it: buildings are destructible now and explode in a nice firework.

Im on vacation, so I I don't have any Screenshot.

You will have to find out on yourself.

The kk button on the SpaceCenter view can be used to repair the destroyed buildings.

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

Ouch, that was a hard landing. I had to try pretty hard to crash a building. I'm surprised your rocket didn't explode.

The rocket was landing pretty full, and those KRE legs are all kinds of strong. Is there a setting or something to adjust the crash tolerance of buildings?

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

The rocket was landing pretty full, and those KRE legs are all kinds of strong. Is there a setting or something to adjust the crash tolerance of buildings?

If you are willing to recompile kk... So the easy answer is... No..not yet. 

it's currently the default value of the ksp buildings. 

It has been a few months since I played with KK, and I forget how to bring up the instance editor. I thought it was CRTL + k, but that doesn't do anything.

I am playing 1.5.1 with latest KK, the only mods I have installed are Kopernicus (+dependencies) and RSS

4 minutes ago, Nightside said:

It has been a few months since I played with KK, and I forget how to bring up the instance editor. I thought it was CRTL + k, but that doesn't do anything.

I am playing 1.5.1 with latest KK, the only mods I have installed are Kopernicus (+dependencies) and RSS

It should bring up the editor, when you are in the flight scene. 

If it doesn't work the mod died halve way. 

3 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

It should bring up the editor, when you are in the flight scene. 

If it doesn't work the mod died halve way. 

Thanks, I will take out the other mods and then add back Kopernicus and check, then add RSS and check.
Is anyone else using this combination successfully?

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Thanks, I will take out the other mods and then add back Kopernicus and check, then add RSS and check.
Is anyone else using this combination successfully?

I had a test install with it, but I did not test the latest release with it.

What I know: kopernikus and GPP are working without problems. Could you please upload the ksp.log somewhere ( maybe github) do I can have a look, what it going on.

Have you something like Kerbin-side installed? Maybe it's making problems, as the planets are renamed.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, Ger_space said:

I had a test install with it, but I did not test the latest release with it.

What I know: kopernikus and GPP are working without problems. Could you please upload the ksp.log somewhere ( maybe github) do I can have a look, what it going on.

Have you something like Kerbin-side installed? Maybe it's making problems, as the planets are renamed.

Ok, sorry for the delayed response.

It works with RSS & Kopernicus.

It must be one of RSS's soft dependencies, I'm pretty sure it would be KSC Switcher. In hindsight that should have been the obvious culprit. I dont' see a big need for both in my install, so I will say I have no issue. Thanks for your help!

26 minutes ago, Natokerbal said:

@Ger_space Is there a tutorial somewhere to modify terrain using KK because I can't figure it out.

There is the kerbal konstructs wiki page 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki

I documented the PQSMapdecal system and the editor.

Minimum size on Kerbin is about 125m everything smaller is not visible my the squad PQS system.

1 hour ago, Natokerbal said:

@Ger_space Is there a tutorial somewhere to modify terrain using KK because I can't figure it out.

What are you trying to do? I may be able to answer soem questions too. I've had great success making cool terrain. One of these days I may get around to releasing something. Here are some pics I took last night of a canyon system I added in between the KSC and the eastern mtn range.

50618528-42d41280-0ea8-11e9-9d66-b94bc4950618517-3354c980-0ea8-11e9-9239-1e2dfd6

More pics:

Edited by Nightside
more pix

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

What are you trying to do? I may be able to answer soem questions too. I've had great success making cool terrain. One of these days I may get around to releasing something. Here are some pics I took last night of a canyon system I added in between the KSC and the eastern mtn range.

50618528-42d41280-0ea8-11e9-9d66-b94bc4950618517-3354c980-0ea8-11e9-9239-1e2dfd6

More pics:

I'm trying to make a flat area to create a new KSC

hello   @Ger_space   you said that by the Christmas the renew versions of the mod is ready as Christmas passed and we got 3rd of January of 2019 it's a better idea to know if you got it ready or if you still developing it. by the way, I check the msg you recently sent that KK works at 1.6, I try for my self and it doesn't work like in the past. Please update it or report progression

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

hello   @Ger_space   you said that by the Christmas the renew versions of the mod is ready as Christmas passed and we got 3rd of January of 2019 it's a better idea to know if you got it ready or if you still developing it. by the way, I check the msg you recently sent that KK works at 1.6, I try for my self and it doesn't work like in the past. Please update it or report progression

I'm on Vacation, but I testet the last release on 1.6 and it worked for me. Please send me a logfile if you have issues.

12 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

I'm trying to make a flat area to create a new KSC

Background info: A height map is a 2D grayscale image used to represent or generate a 3D surface. The lowest elevations are represented as black and the highest as white with a continuum of grays in between representing intermediate elevations. In my canyon image above I used an actual elevation map of the grand canyon. The height map for this something like this:

photo.jpg

However, to get started you can use the height maps included with the mod.

Step 1. Travel to your desired location. Use tools like Vessel Mover or HyperEdit to make this easier.

Step 2. Press CRTL+ k to bring up the Kerbal Konstructs editor

Step 3. Press the EDIT MAP DECALS button

Step 4. Press the SPAWN NEW MAPDECAL button, the Mapdecal Editor window should appear.

Step 5a. Click the HEIGHT MAP  button and select a height map;

5b.  Since you just want a flat area to build on, select the AllBlack height map. This map won't have any variation within, just smoothing at the edges so it matches surrounding terrain;

5c. Set parameters, RADIUS (try something like 2000 to 5000 depending on base size), ABSOLUTE OFFSET (this is altitude for the lowest part of your map decal, set it to approximately the existing ground level at your site) & HEIGHTMAPDEFORMITY (this is the difference in elevation between whites and blacks on the heightmap, since we are using an all black map this doesn't matter, but it is important for all other maps), these values are in meters. Press APPLY & SAVE, and inspect your work. 

You can changes and edits to your parameters and position then press APPLY & SAVE again.

Post pics of what you make!