[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

14 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Hello, @Ger_space , can you help me with new KK tweaks?

In new version color of some Kerbin City's grass textures was changed to more dark. You wrote about the grass editor, but I could not find it and figure out how to adjust the texture colors.

the colors had to be adjusted to be consistent with the KSC. I tried my best to match the old colors, but it was not always possible. 

to edit the grass color you select the static and then press the following button:

1oDai1u.png

which module are you using? the legacy GrasColor or the new GrassColor2? the later one is a bit experimental, at least in the last official release. You might want to download the shader-bundles from github, to get the latest version.

40 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

How do I install this? It won’t work.

Just install it. Like any other mod. You should end up with a GameData/CustomPreLaunchChecks/ and a GameData/KerbalKonstructs/ folder. But that's all you get. KerbalKonstructs alone is only the mod that makes anything else work that's related to it (like EVE is nothing without the content packs for it like SVE or Spectra). If you want to see complete bases or the statics to build your own bases you gotta download the content pack mods for those. To build or edit a base, press Ctrl+K while you're in the world with an "active vessel."

• 3 weeks later...

A new release ahead of the things that might come in the future:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs/download/1.8.1.15

Changes

new Hangar module

• you can store vessels and the crew is recovered automatically
  • you can assign crew to stored vessels and launch them from the KSC menu.

Other

• statics should be less bumpy after a scene switch
  • SpaceCenters are no longer focused when they are not on the Homeword. This feature will come back when it is properbly implemented
  • The KSC FuelTank is now visible again.
  • The LaunchSites are now sorted: 1. Group 2. Name

Changes for modders

• support for custom launchpad smoke emitters (either Unity ParticleSystem or KSPParticleEmitter)

• GrasColor: Normal Maps are precalculated and cached unter PluginData

• GrassColor2: Multicolor Blendmasks allow blending of up to four textures (including alpha channel and mix) ( for example: grass + concrete + (worn) white stripes + dirt roads)
    This is like a light version of substance painter.

• The GrassColor2 editor supports these changes

• GrassColor2 : Normal Maps for each Texture are precalculated and cached unter PluginData. Only NearGrass receives those from the FarGrass (which looks better that way)

• GrassEditor: You can convert any texture to grayscale, so some are more usefull now.

• AnimateOnSunrise: Rewrote it to be less error prone.

• AdvancedTextures: you can define the color of a mesh with the _Color parameter

• Variant switching: allow transform names with whitespace in the middle

• PadSmoke: allow transform names with whitespace in the middle

• AdvancedTextures: allow transform names with whitespace in the middle

• PadSmoke: You can select your smoke type

• exports are now written as ,zip files and no longer as .tar

Having a bit of trouble between launches. Generally the first time I boot up and launch, everything will be fine. 2 or 3 missions in...things will start resizing themselves. Generally they'll get bigger. (Dramatically bigger...like, dwarf the entire launch site and sticking out above the atmosphere, bigger). Also, it will often spawn me off-center of a launchpad static. Using RSS 1.7.3. Is this a known/common bug? It didn't do this on earlier versions. 

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

3 hours ago, JJJacksonTyler said:

Having a bit of trouble between launches. Generally the first time I boot up and launch, everything will be fine. 2 or 3 missions in...things will start resizing themselves. Generally they'll get bigger. (Dramatically bigger...like, dwarf the entire launch site and sticking out above the atmosphere, bigger). Also, it will often spawn me off-center of a launchpad static. Using RSS 1.7.3. Is this a known/common bug? It didn't do this on earlier versions. 

I don't know, but the latest version released is no longer supported for KSP 1.7.X and I can't support it anytime soon again. If this problem persists when Kopernicus 1.8.X is released, then open a report on github, so it doesn't get lost. 
there have been some changes between 1.7 and 1.8, that could affect this.

I keep getting massive performance loss with Kerbal Konstructs.

Is there a way I can determine which Kerbal Konstructs mod is causing it, and change it out for something else.  (I am suspecting KSC++, but I can't be sure.)

Man, I hate lookin like a dummy, but here goes! I'm just now trying this mod for the first time, and have read everything Google gives me, and can't figure out something incredibly basic:

Should I be able to put down a launch pad (around KSC) and then launch from it? I've tried this twice and the little launchsite down-down menu inside the VAB never shows my launch sites (I'm in sandbox). Is that supposed to work when I do this correctly?

What I did was: put a capsule on the runway, placed LC-something (from Tundra) next to the runway, clicked Make Launchsite, filled out some stuff (I suspect this is where I am getting lost), saved everything, made sure that KSC_Builtin (which I did not create) is the "active group", have tried making the "site category" both RP and RW, tried setting Facility Type on one of them, I've tried zeros and large values for max things like parts and weight, I could go on.

Am I trying to do something that the mod doesn't do?

On 12/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Ruedii said:

I keep getting massive performance loss with Kerbal Konstructs.

Is there a way I can determine which Kerbal Konstructs mod is causing it, and change it out for something else.  (I am suspecting KSC++, but I can't be sure.)

Kerbal Konstructs is nothing for low-end Systems. To test, just delete the mod folders out of the GameData Folder

On 12/19/2019 at 2:22 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Man, I hate lookin like a dummy, but here goes! I'm just now trying this mod for the first time, and have read everything Google gives me, and can't figure out something incredibly basic:

Should I be able to put down a launch pad (around KSC) and then launch from it? I've tried this twice and the little launchsite down-down menu inside the VAB never shows my launch sites (I'm in sandbox). Is that supposed to work when I do this correctly?

What I did was: put a capsule on the runway, placed LC-something (from Tundra) next to the runway, clicked Make Launchsite, filled out some stuff (I suspect this is where I am getting lost), saved everything, made sure that KSC_Builtin (which I did not create) is the "active group", have tried making the "site category" both RP and RW, tried setting Facility Type on one of them, I've tried zeros and large values for max things like parts and weight, I could go on.

Am I trying to do something that the mod doesn't do?

When you create a launchSite, then you have to restart KSP to use it. There is a nice KK-button in the SPH and VAB to select the site you created.

Hi, I'm trying to open a launchpad on Minmus, but I am not able to do so.

I sent a crewed capsule on the designed site. Opened the CTRL+K interface. Created a group. Created a launchpad instance with 0 costs for opening, activated the colliders and saved all. I then went to the VAB, but the button on the side of my launchpad name is always red, no opening option.

Could you help me, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been getting this issue with Kerbal Konstructs on when  placing an object the game crashes to desktop, and comes up with this:
I'm using 1.3.1 w/ the most recent 1.3.1 Kerbal Konstructs, wondering if this is known and how to sort it out, still testing it with older versions to see if they work.
I'm running only Kerbal Konstructs and Squad for testing, and it still doesn't seem to work.

UPDATE: It appears to only occur when Kerbinside Remastered is installed along with it, interesting.

xON4bLe.png

Edited by Sebastiaz

• 3 weeks later...

I have an intersting question.. and this involcves other structures..

How easy or hard would it be to add in say a navigational beacon like a lighthouse style building into KK? I mean if you want an example of what i am refering to, just do a look for Cape Canaveral Lighthouse..

or better yet here's a ep series of pictures of said lighthouse.

Just a thought

Space_Coyote

Just including here an issue I have raised on GitHub, in case anyone has encountered and solved this issue already:

Using Kerbal Konstructs with Kerbinside and Rescale (x10.625) on KSP 1.6.1, I have everything working effectively, except that new bases don't show up in the tracking station. They do show up on x3.2, and at very close ranges, at x6.4. As such, I've been attempting to find whatever manages the range at which icons are set to be displayed in the map view and/ or the tracking station. Could you advise please where to find this in the source code please?

Much obliged.

Nvm, found it. For anyone else wondering, it's this line:

"float fRadarRadius = 12800 / fPosZ;" within MapIconDraw.cs

Changing it to 36000 or so is suitable for x10.625 Rescale. 

Edited by Decus91

Kerbal-Konstructs 1.8.1.15, KSP 1.8.1

This is in a career game, I have a dev install of Kopernicus and JNSQ installed.

Spoiler

Following found in log file during startup, not sure if relevant:

KK: duplicate model name: UniversalSpawnPoint ,found in: OSSNTR/Statics/Misc/UniversalSpawnPoint/UniversalSpawnPoint.cfg . This might be OK.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

KK: [KerbalKonstructs] Awake: Stopwatch: "Object loading1" elapsed time: 00:00:00.0475576

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

KK: [KerbalKonstructs] AttachFacilities: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value

Getting the following upon returning to the main menu:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.UpdateCache () [0x00005] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

repeating endlessly, until I exit the game.  I believe that if I reenter a game it goes away.  

Complete log file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8yc6ds82z6r7qx/KK.zip?dl=0

Hi guys !

So, I'm currently installing a ton of mods into a new ksp instance, and I'm about to start a big colonization focused career. And, I know there are great colonization mods out there, but none of them fully satisfies me, for a few reasons : big bases with lots of parts cause a ton of lag, they can be a bit wonky and sometimes explode for no reason because of KSP physics, and although I love MKS, it's a bit too complex and it takes ages to build anything useful with it. Therefore, I'm sharing this idea that has been lurking in the back of my head for quite some time now... How cool would it be to be able to build functioning planetary bases mainly out of KK statics ? I know I'm daydreaming right here, and that this is not exactly possible right now. But, they would probably be a lot more kind on performance than colonies made out of regular parts, and there are actually a few features in Kerbal Konstructs that make me think this dream is not as wild as it sounds. Indeed, you can use Kerbal Konstruct facilities to store kerbals and resources, to do research, and of course, to launch crafts. The one big problem there is in my opinion is that there isn't a way to "build" new KK statics apart from just spawning them (for free) from the KK menu, and that sounds a lot like cheating. Also, as far as I know, the game wouldn't separate extraplanetary KK launchsites from the ones you have on kerbin, and so it would just cost regular funds to launch new crafts from another planet, and you'd have to use kerbals that are sitting at KSC instead of inside your planetary colony.

So I was wondering, is there a way that these two problems could be remedied ? Could one code a plugin that would make KK use resources that you mined, for instance, to build a new static ? To spawn a new craft ?

I know this isn't the main focus of the mod, and perhaps (probably?) I'd be the only one interested in seeing these features added to KK, whether it be in the mod itself or with an addon. But, perhaps also that if it doesn't sound too hard to people who know the mod better than I do, I may just look into it and try to do it myself...

I don't know exactly what I'm hoping for by posting this. So just let me know your thoughts on the subject and I'll be pretty happy.

Edited by lBoBl

@Ger_space, are there any known issues regarding KK and DX11? I've just had an issue in JNSQ, with KK loaded something went wrong and it not only didn't load anything, it refused to let me into VAB. When I started KSP without DX11 forced and no other changes, it all loaded normally.

7 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

@Ger_space, are there any known issues regarding KK and DX11? I've just had an issue in JNSQ, with KK loaded something went wrong and it not only didn't load anything, it refused to let me into VAB. When I started KSP without DX11 forced and no other changes, it all loaded normally.

Are you in 1.8/1.8.1? KSP runs natively in DX11 now, yeah? (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken) -- I'm not sure what happens when using that launch option now.

I'm not sure, but I'm seeing a significant FPS gain with that option on. KK shouldn't be quite that taxing to account for that, not to mention the performance boost was also seen with an orbiting space station, which shouldn't be affected by any performance differences between having a prettied-up KSC and not.

There's definitely something going on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the default mode was DX10, which isn't all that great, to say the least.

Edited by Guest