[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

I've been having a blast with this mod and the GAP pack! However, I'm running into a problem with Sigma Dimensions. The bases show up on map mode only when zoomed in enough. I'm pretty sure it's because KK "unloads" base icons when you're too far to save memory or something. It's not gamebreaking, just that I can't see most base icons in map mode. Kerbin is resized to earth scale.

TfBiJwt.png

Is there some cfg I can edit to change it?

On 3/12/2020 at 4:32 AM, miguelsgamingch said:

Updates For Kerbal City:

Added New Buildings Including Kerbal City Airport. That Hangers That You See There And

Tundra Space Complex. Including 39A And 39B Which is in real life SLC - 40. Also there are 3 landing pads there.

Also Added Some Wind Turbines And Decorations (Trees, Water Towers, ETC)

1300F67F2C7160E101AD900A516C897673286858

(Its Like Its My Own Version Of KSC Extended Lol.)

Did you mod the Wind Turbines or where can I find them? Anyways its nice work.

I need them for my next "project". :D

And I see you guys found my Space Elevator. Would someone be so nice and create a static for it? Just one long stick in its simplest version. Better would be, if you could add the lift itself on it with an proper animation. That would be so spic. :)

UPDATED: see below.  I think this is a Linux/Mono package version problem.

I'm guessing Linux isn't supported...?

Or else the latest versions of Kerbal-Konstructs and KerbinSideRemastered aren't compatible with KSP v1.7.3?

This, from the ModuleManager.log:

[LOG 15:24:20.360] Log started at 2020-04-16 15:24:20.360
[EXC 15:24:22.084] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading KerbalKonstructs, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[EXC 15:24:22.086] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading CustomPreLaunchChecks, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[EXC 15:24:22.087] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading CorrectCoL, Version=1.6.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
[EXC 15:24:22.087] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading MiniAVC, Version=1.4.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

(Strangely, though KSP is running, I can't find any KSP.log anywhere at the moment.)

I unpacked CustomPreLaunchChecks, KerbalKonstructs and KerbinSideRemastered into my GameData directory.

This may possibly relate to a version of some Mono component installed on my system.  I have had a similar issue with CKAN.  It could be quite trivial to resolve, if the requirement is known.

I currently have (e.g.) libmono-2.0-dev  6.6.0-161-0xamarin7-ubuntu1804b1 installed.

Hmm, this explains also why CorrectCol had stopped working for me.

OK, pardon me, I don't think this is specifically a Kerbal Konstructs problem at all.  If anyone who has run into this and has a solution would like to respond here, though, I'd be appreciative.

Edited by Hotel26

44 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

latest versions

[...]

KSP v1.7.3

You're probably aware of it, but just in case, check that the mods you're using are specifically for 1.7 (or older).

KSP 1.8 updated the game's Unity3D engine, which can cause compatibility issues with plugins compiled for 1.8 (or newer) in previous versions of the game, and vice versa.

Edited by Corax

3 hours ago, Corax said:

check that the mods you're using are specifically for 1.7

Thank you.  They both loaded.

Lots of missing statics, so I'll file a log/report with KerbinSideRemastered...

Your help Iisappreciated!

5 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Thank you.  They both loaded.

Lots of missing statics, so I'll file a log/report with KerbinSideRemastered...

Your help Iisappreciated!

Glad to clear up Linux is not at fault here, and always happy to help out a fellow penguin.

How can I make a 1.8 version of Kerbal Konstructs work with a 1.7 install? I have KSC extended, but the grass won't load, because the grass is in the 1.8 version. However, I tried changing the version file in 1.8 Kerbal Konstructs, but it still doesn't work. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear all,

I was wondering if it is required to restart KSP when opening a new base, specifically for the groundstation to activate. I'm using Kerbinside alongside KK, but the groundstation at Cape Kerman will not give me probe control, even though I can launch from there. When clicking on the KK icon while on the launchpad, it shows the base as open, and the tracking station as an active facility nearby. I used the 'enable commnet ground stations' option in the settings.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the great mod.

Nicolas

2 hours ago, civilisedzombie said:

i cannot edit the buildings from the mods and it does not give me edit options including adding another building in(placing not making a new type)

Welcome to the forums. I’m not sure exactly what the issue you are having is, could you please rephrase?

to use KK: press Ctrl-k from flight (I like to use the Vessel Mover mod when building for convenience.

to place building: 1st create a new group, then add New Instance

to edit existing instance: While craft is within a few KM of your building, press Local instances and select what you want to edit.

If you are still having issues, a screenshot might help. 

On 4/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, sqreNicolai said:

Dear all,

I was wondering if it is required to restart KSP when opening a new base, specifically for the groundstation to activate. I'm using Kerbinside alongside KK, but the groundstation at Cape Kerman will not give me probe control, even though I can launch from there. When clicking on the KK icon while on the launchpad, it shows the base as open, and the tracking station as an active facility nearby. I used the 'enable commnet ground stations' option in the settings.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the great mod.

Nicolas

Dear all,

My problem is solved now. For possible future reference, it is required to have 'enable extra comm stations' on in the advanced settings. My thoughts were that having both this setting and the KK 'leave stock commnet' option off would be duplicate and thus not necessary.

Cheers