[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That asset has never worked as far as I can tell :P

ever since 1.5.1 if not a bit earlier I've been using them (scaled to 0.1) to place two more dishes at the Lvl0 Tracking Station in the same spots as Lvl1 (the roof dish is removed in post edit)

Tracking Station

Edited by Drew Kerman

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

ever since 1.5.1 if not a bit earlier I've been using them (scaled to 0.1) to place two more dishes at the Lvl0 Tracking Station in the same spots as Lvl1 (the roof dish is removed in post edit)

Tracking Station

Are you sure that's the satellite dish asset? The one with the invisible arch is a broken 'easter egg' asset if I recall right :/

32 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Are you sure that's the satellite dish asset? The one with the invisible arch is a broken 'easter egg' asset if I recall right :/

Check it out yourself if you're not in 1.9

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

STATIC
{
	pointername = SQUAD_CommNetDish
	Instances
	{
		UUID = 715ee808-b52f-447b-a9f2-7caa2f2f1b68
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = 17.8853092,64.4387207,-2152.64966
		Orientation = 359.632263,167.331558,182.036484
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 0.100000001
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = KSA_KSCUpgrades
	}
	Instances
	{
		UUID = 6f3ee295-92b0-45b6-8bc4-3b3e51440adb
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = 369.124634,-0.738769531,-2387.39673
		Orientation = 359.808258,24.9735394,359.871826
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 0.100000001
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = KSA_KSCUpgrades
	}
	Instances
	{
		UUID = 3eff4359-0d51-4f04-b380-35c98fc28950
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = 238.750671,-1.22607422,-2518.02246
		Orientation = 359.874268,295.957764,0.206193358
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 0.100000001
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = KSA_KSCUpgrades
	}
}

Hey! Does anyone know if there is an easy way to move large numbers of statics without place it them individually. I'm building a bridge with @Omega482's pieces across a small strait, and it's really tedious to place hundreds of them at a time. If not, maybe a "duplicate group" feature for the next release?

19 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Hey! Does anyone know if there is an easy way to move large numbers of statics without place it them individually. I'm building a bridge with @Omega482's pieces across a small strait, and it's really tedious to place hundreds of them at a time. If not, maybe a "duplicate group" feature for the next release?

I never tried it, but can't you move the group center?

22 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I never tried it, but can't you move the group center?

Infinite_monkey you got me thinking. If you go into the static folder in GameData, you could probably create a small section of the bridge, and then duplicate the group, and move the group around if you wanted. You would only have to do a small section and then you could duplicate that.

23 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Yes you can!

(but not without lots of math)

in Actual Sites: Airports, I have generated 600 simple airport groups  from an Excel macro at their real world locations in RSS. My project is a little different than what you want to since I’m essentially duplicating a single group at dispersed locations. If you don’t mind a lot of math and you know the length of the static you could try to calculate the Lat/Lon of each centerpoint.

You can also duplicate a static within a single group, but those are in xyz coordinates and I think that it would quickly get difficult to adjust orientation for planet curvature.
That said, there are some nice, much longer  (>1km I think) road pieces in Kerbinside Remastered 1.0 , that could speed up your work.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:28 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Infinite_monkey you got me thinking. If you go into the static folder in GameData, you could probably create a small section of the bridge, and then duplicate the group, and move the group around if you wanted. You would only have to do a small section and then you could duplicate that.

That's true. I'll try it.

23 hours ago, Nightside said:

You can also duplicate a static within a single group, but those are in xyz coordinates and I think that it would quickly get difficult to adjust orientation for planet curvature.

Yes, I have been duplicating the statics. I haven't, however, noticed any disalignments unalignments misalignments of the statics. 

23 hours ago, Nightside said:

That said, there are some nice, much longer  (>1km I think) road pieces in Kerbinside Remastered 1.0 , that could speed up your work.

I do know about those, but @Omega482's statics have nice pylons on the underside.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll try @Avera9eJoe's idea of editing config files.

Update: It worked great! Thanks!

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

Hey, i just started making my own statics, but it seems to be impossible to have concave colliders. how do i make colliders for my statics? also btw i looked around for a while and there is almost no documentation on the creation of the models them self, if someone could link me anything or explain the process i would be very grateful.

26 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

Hey, i just started making my own statics, but it seems to be impossible to have concave colliders. how do i make colliders for my statics? also btw i looked around for a while and there is almost no documentation on the creation of the models them self, if someone could link me anything or explain the process i would be very grateful.

Yeah... concave colliders do not work in KSP. You have to either make mesh colliders (which can be performance hogs, or use many, seprate primitive colliders.

Making models for statics, seems to be pretty much the same process as for making part models... So just about ANY tutorial for making parts should also apply.

4 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Yeah... concave colliders do not work in KSP. You have to either make mesh colliders (which can be performance hogs, or use many, seprate primitive colliders.

Making models for statics, seems to be pretty much the same process as for making part models... So just about ANY tutorial for making parts should also apply.

ok thanks. honestly i would much rather make separate low poly mesh colliders instead of using primitives. i just wanted to know if i could get working colliders without having to open unity(ugh).

31 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

ok thanks. honestly i would much rather make separate low poly mesh colliders instead of using primitives. i just wanted to know if i could get working colliders without having to open unity(ugh).

You can, sort of...
If y ou are modelling in Blender or BforArtists (a fork of Blender with a different approach to its UI philosophy), then you can do a *LOT* with Taniwha's Mu Importer-Export plugin.... *including* making/assigning colliders, all without needing Unity.

hi all! I have some issues with the mod, when i press ctrl+k the editor doesn't show up :\

Edit: i have resolved, i was thinking that the mod worked in the KSC map view, but i saw that must be in the pad view, lol sorry XD

Edited by Eras
resolved

So I spent a good amount of time today trying to place cities from Kerbal Cities Pack (and airfields + launchsites) around the map (with groups). Problem is, when I left the area (Using vessel moved at ludicrous speed) it would eventually glitch out into space or into Kerbin for some reason when I came back to the area, or in another words, the coordinates of the city would completely change entirely. I dont know if it’s compatibility issue with 1.9.1 or if it’s another mod or something, but it’s frustrating. Any ideas?

Can provide mod list or log if necessary.

ctrl+k function does not appear. However, ctrl+l does work but I cant spawn anything in from this menu.

you must have already launched a vehicle, and be controlling it for the ctrl+k function to work.

Edited by SovietGamble
Resolved

1 minute ago, Nightside said:

That looks awesome! You might also need to use a MapDecal to locally lower the terrain level so you pad can sit on grade with the surroundings.

Or I could make a little concrete or grass "hill" to put the pad on.

This may sound stupid. How do you bring up the base boss or instance editor? CTRL and K does nothing, and CTRL L brings up an editor that wont let me do anything, just a small menu. Why is this? Worked fine earlier, but stopped working after I re opened the game due to it crashing, and unfortunately reinstalling didnt work either. 

Edited by LF_Ion

2 hours ago, LF_Ion said:

This may sound stupid. How do you bring up the base boss or instance editor? CTRL and K does nothing, and CTRL L brings up an editor that wont let me do anything, just a small menu. Why is this? Worked fine earlier, but stopped working after I re opened the game due to it crashing, and unfortunately reinstalling didnt work either. 

CTRL-K is correct.

However it sometimes doesn't work if you have a corrupted config file or maybe a conflicting mod.