[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

I managed to get it working after a couple re installs, and it's more than worth it. An amazing mod, I built an Arctic Airbase with it. Love this mod, thanks for your work.

Edited by LF_Ion

2 hours ago, rib3irojr said:

omg, CTRL-K is not working, I already re-installed many times and is still not working!

Most likely a mod conflict or incorrect install of something.
You should provide logs.
Heres how to do that:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Most likely a mod conflict or incorrect install of something.
You should provide logs.
Heres how to do that:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Hi, I re-installed the KSP itself and now is working. But I still have a question: how do I make my own KSC be the space center?

53 minutes ago, rib3irojr said:

Hi, I re-installed the KSP itself and now is working. But I still have a question: how do I make my own KSC be the space center?

You mean make your own base the base that shows up in space center view yes? Go into options-difficulty settings-Kerbal Konstructs and tick the box that says "focus last space center" or something similar. It makes the last runway/pad you launched from the camera focus for Space Center view :) this said though, there isn't a way to replicate a lot of the functions of the standard KSC, so I ended up turning the setting off and just launching from my custom space center :/

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

You mean make your own base the base that shows up in space center view yes? Go into options-difficulty settings-Kerbal Konstructs and tick the box that says "focus last space center" or something similar. It makes the last runway/pad you launched from the camera focus for Space Center view :) this said though, there isn't a way to replicate a lot of the functions of the standard KSC, so I ended up turning the setting off and just launching from my custom space center :/

Thanks <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I have a question, how i can set as a target one of the landing zone? I want to use mechjeb for the landing, but without setting the target is difficult to land on that spot.. i'm using the tundra's space center and i wanted to land some boosters!

2 hours ago, Eras said:

Hi! I have a question, how i can set as a target one of the landing zone? I want to use mechjeb for the landing, but without setting the target is difficult to land on that spot.. i'm using the tundra's space center and i wanted to land some boosters!

Look in the mechjeb settings for examples of how to define a landing zone.

45 minutes ago, Eras said:

Uhm i've looked in the settings, but there is nothing for the landing :/ 

Mechjeb>Landing Guidance. There is Pick Location on Map, there is a drop-down for standard landing locations, and there is numerical entry to enter coordinates if you want.

Is there an updated guide on how to use KK anywhere? The wiki seems to mainly be for creating statics rather than using them. And the guides on the old thread are really rather outdated as the UI has changed quite a bit since then!

2 hours ago, Sixshot said:

Is there an updated guide on how to use KK anywhere? The wiki seems to mainly be for creating statics rather than using them. And the guides on the old thread are really rather outdated as the UI has changed quite a bit since then!

Not really, are you trying to place statics and/or build bases? Or are you talking about the optional "economic" features of some buildings such as resource merchants, etc?

For the first, I'd recommend installing an existing, up-to-date static pack from the first post of this thread, and seeing how it works.

For the second, it is probably best to just ask specific questions here.

Eu instalei o mod, mas ele não abre com Ctrl + K ... abre os menus com Ctrl + L, e mesmo com essa diferença apenas a lista de estruturas aparece, mas não consigo colocar nenhuma no kerbim, isso é normal? Estou na versão 1.9.1.

Como posso obter suporte?

Edited by KallangoVerde
Faltou informação.

1 hour ago, KallangoVerde said:

Eu instalei o mod, mas ele não abre com Ctrl + K ... abre os menus com Ctrl + L, e mesmo com essa diferença apenas a lista de estruturas aparece, mas não consigo colocar nenhuma no kerbim, isso é normal? Estou na versão 1.9.1.

Como posso obter suporte?

I installed the mod, but it doesn't open with Ctrl + K ... opens the menus with Ctrl + L, and even with this difference only the list of structures appears, but I can't put any in kerbim, is this normal? I'm on version 1.9.1.

How can I get support?

Hi @KallangoVerde, we ask that you post a translation of any non-english posts outside of the international subforums, thanks!

Hey All
hoping someone can help.
I'm having issues. i cant seem to get the Variant module working for a simple texture switch ...vOv
tho something is switching, as the AllOn variant is 100%...
but if I activate the texturetest, I just get switched to a solid grey stock color on the whole model? vOv

Here's the relevant part of the model cfg:

Spoiler

// first one is the default 
//	VARIANT 
//	{
//		name = DisableTest
//		deactivateTransforms = default    // , seperated list of transforms to disable
//	}

// Variant with everathing enabled and no fancy stuff happening
	VARIANT 
	{
		name = AllOn
	}

// Mesh switching... be warned all static modules will try to apply thier config
//	VARIANT 
//	{
//		name = SwtichTest
//		newMeshName = threshold6    // name of the .mu what to spawn instead
//	}

// Texture replacing Demo
	VARIANT 
	{
		name = TextureTest
		// There can be many texture sets
		TextureSet   
		{		
			transforms = KSCFLT01LightPanel,KSCFLT01Tower                   // , seperated list of transforms to alter
			texture = A7		// BUILTIN:/ksc_exterior_terrain_ground   // Optional new texture
//			color = 0.64,0.73,0.171,0.728999972		// Optional new base color
		}
	}	

On 7/6/2020 at 9:28 AM, Sixshot said:

Mainly the terrain tools, As it would be rather helpful to create a flat area to build an airfield on. apologies for the late reply

Well, there is the wiki: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/MapDecal:-Editor but mainly it is a trial-and-error exercise.

You can do A LOT with the terrain tools, oh, and I think there is an error in the MapDecal UI, it says RADIUS, but I think it should be Diameter or Width.

Some examples.