[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

10 hours ago, Nightside said:

Well, there is the wiki: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/MapDecal:-Editor but mainly it is a trial-and-error exercise.

You can do A LOT with the terrain tools, oh, and I think there is an error in the MapDecal UI, it says RADIUS, but I think it should be Diameter or Width.

Some examples.

you are right, it is the diameter, not the radius

Hello, I know this is probably posted before, but im too lazy to check through all 72 other pages for a specific answer pertaining to my issue. I hit ctrl+K and nothing happens. No lag, no list, nothing. I've tried to redownload the mod via CKAN and through space dock but nothing is working. I have a massive mod list including RO, RSS, RSSVE, and more (all on 1.8.1). Any help is appreciated. Thanks! I'll be able to show logs maybe in a few days.

Edited by JacobPF9

54 minutes ago, One eyed Smile said:

@JacobPF9

Did u press it while on flight scene? If i remember correctly KK menu doesnt show in KSC screen

Yes I do. I've tried rovers, planes, rockets, and just a single probe core from both the VAB and SPH. I'm trying a fresh install at the time I'm writing this.

20 hours ago, JacobPF9 said:

Yes I do. I've tried rovers, planes, rockets, and just a single probe core from both the VAB and SPH. I'm trying a fresh install at the time I'm writing this.

didnt work

On 7/9/2020 at 7:12 AM, JacobPF9 said:

Hello, I know this is probably posted before, but im too lazy to check through all 72 other pages for a specific answer pertaining to my issue. I hit ctrl+K and nothing happens. No lag, no list, nothing. I've tried to redownload the mod via CKAN and through space dock but nothing is working. I have a massive mod list including RO, RSS, RSSVE, and more (all on 1.8.1). Any help is appreciated. Thanks! I'll be able to show logs maybe in a few days.

Do You use the KK version 1.8.1.15? I also had this trouble with it (also with RO/RSS and so on (and Principia)). Finaly I moved to 1.8.1.4 KK version. Everything works fine. I don't think, it is static packs or other mods incompatibilities. It's look like a some error in newest KK release.

Edited by GlassEagle
grammar mistakes

On 7/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, GlassEagle said:

Do You use the KK version 1.8.1.15? I also had this trouble with it (also with RO/RSS and so on (and Principia)). Finaly I moved to 1.8.1.4 KK version. Everything works fine. I don't think, it is static packs or other mods incompatibilities. It's look like a some error in newest KK release.

Yes I am running the latest version. My computer wont let me download that patch for some reason. 

Here are my logs. I know I have lots of errors with my mods: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d23qsqtkvqlcbvf/AABLJvba6HTTJq4XesnwSaNCa?dl=0

Edited by JacobPF9

• 3 weeks later...

New Bug: So I Was About To Test Out My New Kerbal Konstruct Launchsite Add - On Im About to make which is a static fire launchsite.

i select it, launch but it redirected me to the KSP Launchsite

Tip: For Kerbal Konstructs Independant Modders, You Can Use The Universal Spawn Point Instead.

Edited by miguelsgamingch
Tip for modders

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any test flight mods  that would be compatible with this?

I have been looking at the source code of KRASH and it seems like it would be possible to make it compatible with KK, but I dont really know CS so I really just have a surface level understanding on what its doing. Seems like by default KRASH adds the default KSC launchpad and runway to its internal list of launchsites and it would be pretty simple to add KK launchpads to the list if you could expose their gameObjects to the class in KRASH where it does this. I just dont really know exactly how to do that.

@Ger_space wonder if you could help me out?

Assuming KCT is functionally compatible with this mod, having a test flight mod like KRASH is pretty much the final piece anyone needs to be able to run a RO career out of a launch site made with KK.

Edited by Nikola

• 2 weeks later...

I recently updated to KSP 1.9.1 as Kopernicus Continued has been released. In addition to previous problems with KCT (i.e. settings not remembered, like the launch pad opened or closed, or the grass color, but only for Tundra's Space Center), something new popped up: when adding a new static, some "Legacy Spawn" method is used - the static has a different menu and is rotating, and I can't move it. This only happens for some parts, and only sometimes (maybe only the first time? can't tell for sure)

On 8/16/2020 at 4:58 AM, Nikola said:

Anyone know of any test flight mods  that would be compatible with this?

I have been looking at the source code of KRASH and it seems like it would be possible to make it compatible with KK, but I dont really know CS so I really just have a surface level understanding on what its doing. Seems like by default KRASH adds the default KSC launchpad and runway to its internal list of launchsites and it would be pretty simple to add KK launchpads to the list if you could expose their gameObjects to the class in KRASH where it does this. I just dont really know exactly how to do that.

@Ger_space wonder if you could help me out?

Assuming KCT is functionally compatible with this mod, having a test flight mod like KRASH is pretty much the final piece anyone needs to be able to run a RO career out of a launch site made with KK.

I'm sorry, but for now there is not much going on on regards of mod development.

RL is keeping me busy and my gaming notebook is covered with dust.

Integration with Krash is not planned anytime soon, at least from my side. I think that should be something done by Krash itself, not KK. I have all the functions available, so a mod could check the launchsites, but thanks to the Making History paywall, there is never a easy way for mods to support multiple launchsites without requiring the DLC.

I tried to experiment with height map decals. However, the settings seem pretty random, all height maps look kinda the same. The only setting that seems to have any effect (apart from placement) is SmoothHeight (what is that supposed to do? what are accepted values? And what is deformity?). What it seems to do is switching between a square and some oddly shaped pyramid, so my best guess is that it's a scaling factor for the highest and lowest parts of the map, and it never seems to have anything to do with the selected map. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

So I'm having an issue with performance around added launch sites. I am running a pretty heavily modded install, of note are JNSQ and KCT. When I launch a plane from any of the airports around kerbin that JNSQ adds my frame rate tanks to 5fps. I am launching via the KCT menu but I don't think that should have much impact on this. If I fly far enough away (roughly 40km or so) from the launch site the frame rate comes up to 10-11. If I then quit and reload I'm up in the 20s, not ideal but doable. Flying back causes the frame rate to drop back to single digits, interestingly if I fly low and approach the center of the airport area frame rate comes up to like 10-15 in a very small area around the center and then craters again once I leave. There is no NRE or other exception spam. My system is a OCed i7 8700k and gtx1080, GPU is idleing, CPU is around 20% utilization.

log if it'll help: https://gist.github.com/AkiraR/dbf2cee8b8e4ab47a7394544903f4f2d

Appears to be related to ground scatter and kopernicus, not a KK issue.

Edited by Akira_R