[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Hello.  Somehow I am trying to combine KK, kerbin site remaster, rescale and sigma dimention.  Unfortunately, after rescaling the kerbin, practically all bases disappear.  I don't know if this question should be here or at the kerbin site remaster, but maybe someone will suggest how to re-set the runways and launchers?  You can't see them at all in the truckin station.  There are only some on the KK list, but you can not use any other than the standard one (even if I choose to start from another place, the game still loads my rocket in the standard ksp launcher)

• 2 weeks later...

@evileye.x I also am using a JNSQ install and was attempting to use the KK ground bases in the same way (where I had to land and pay to open them for them to activate). After a day of testing, I can conclude confidently that the issues you described with the Comment stations are there and unfixable (as a player at least).

HOWEVER, if you use RemoteTech, then it works exactly the way I wanted and expected it too with the extra comms stations only opening after I had landed and payed to open them. RemoteTech adds a little more complexity vs stock, but if you turn off the signal delay, then they effectively work the same. 

On 12/19/2020 at 3:04 AM, eberkain said:

I see a way to change the grass color, is there a way to do that for all the buildings in a group?  

Not in an easy way. Editing the configs manually and replace the grassColor values is probably faster than going through the editor ingame. 

So the worklflow is like... Pick a color code ingame, write that down, then close ksp and edits the configs. 

How do I launch from a pad I place? I placed 39a at KSC and set it as a launchpad in the edit launch site button with the VAB selected for the build menu for it. But when I hit launch it goes to the stock KSP pad. Even when I select 39a, go into the VAB from selecting it, then click launch. And on the drop down menu in the VAB to pick a launch site it's not an option. 

31 minutes ago, FutureMartian97 said:

And on the drop down menu in the VAB to pick a launch site it's not an option.

Can you not use the toolbar "KK" button while in VAB to set the default launch pad? It may require you to set the status of the pad to open as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I could use some help.  I'm trying to run KerbinSide Remastered, but none of the launch sites or structures are showing up, and the KK menu isn't appearing.
Here's my mod list if it helps.

Spoiler

gSvVtwz.pngJ7eKBVW.png

4 hours ago, Petrovich said:

I could use some help.  I'm trying to run KerbinSide Remastered, but none of the launch sites or structures are showing up, and the KK menu isn't appearing.
Here's my mod list if it helps.

Hide contents

gSvVtwz.pngJ7eKBVW.png

Youre Missing a Dependency Called CustomPreLaunchChecks. Download Kerbal konstructs again and you will find CustomPreLaunchChecks, If it doesn't work reply to me.

17 hours ago, Miguelsgamingch said:

Youre Missing a Dependency Called CustomPreLaunchChecks. Download Kerbal konstructs again and you will find CustomPreLaunchChecks, If it doesn't work reply to me.

That fixed it, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem when trying to build and edit bases, being that I cant edit local instances. I can move them but cant rotate or delete any.  Have reinstalled a couple times and tried different versions but nothing happened.

Edited by LF_Ion

4 minutes ago, Feellikeapple said:

how do i create and move bases

To create or edit bases you need to have a kerbal in a craft physically at the location of the base you want to edit or create and then press CTL-K.

Don't move buildings or terrain through the kerbal as that typically is fatal for them.:o 

16 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

To create or edit bases you need to have a kerbal in a craft physically at the location of the base you want to edit or create and then press CTL-K.

Don't move buildings or terrain through the kerbal as that typically is fatal for them.:o 

thank you

On 3/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes, KSC Extended is completely missing anything with a barracks module and I've made some effort to address that. But I may need to talk to Damon about it again. And I've taken care of JNSQ but I'll have to release the KK updates as a "service pack" or "Patch Tuesday" like Microsoft does. There's quite a lot to do in total before another JNSQ release can happen.

Was the KK "service pack" for JNSQ ever released in any format? I know that the last full release for JNSQ was a year ago, but I think the only major changes since then have been to fix a lot of the semi-broken KK stuff. I could try grabbing the files directly from the master on GitHub, but I know that's typically bad practice.

1 hour ago, sh_temp_el said:

I think the mod you are missing in that case is the "Tundra's space ccenter" mod as I've had this happened.. Also if you want to use all the launch pads you have to go into your game settings and go to the Kerbal Konstructs (KK) inside of settings and turn on 'Open all bases from the options menu."

Tundra's Space Center:

Space _Coyote

On 2/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, Space_Coyote said:

I think the mod you are missing in that case is the "Tundra's space ccenter" mod as I've had this happened.. Also if you want to use all the launch pads you have to go into your game settings and go to the Kerbal Konstructs (KK) inside of settings and turn on 'Open all bases from the options menu."

Tundra's Space Center:

Space _Coyote

HI, I have Tundra space center installed and 'Open all bases from the options menu. "... ((( Tried reinstalling everything didn't help ..

Thank

During an effort to track down sources of savegame bloat, and possible related performance impacts, I've noticed that ScenarioDestructibles comprises about 20% - 40% of the number of lines in my persistent.sfs file. (In my current savegame it's about 73k lines, and in a previous game it had bloated up to 223k lines). 

I presume this is from the numerous destructible buildings that exist in JNSQ with KK. Is there any conceivable impact from having all of this virtually unused data in my savegame? And would there be any upside or downside to deleting it?

Edited by PocketBrotector

18 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

During an effort to track down sources of savegame bloat, and possible related performance impacts, I've noticed that ScenarioDestructibles comprises about 20% - 40% of the number of lines in my persistent.sfs file. (In my current savegame it's about 73k lines, and in a previous game it had bloated up to 223k lines). 

I presume this is from the numerous destructible buildings that exist in JNSQ with KK. Is there any conceivable impact from having all of this virtually unused data in my savegame? And would there be any upside or downside to deleting it?

This are basic KSP code, as I don't add them directly. people wanted destructable buildings and this is what happens when you get it. The performance impact should be neglectable and only visible on a scene switch.