[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

10 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You seem to be missing elements for the TCS site from KSCExtended Mod

[LOG 20:55:16.209] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group TSC: active state form: True to: False
[ERR 20:55:16.215] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You have quite a lot of exceptions from all kinds of mods.
You should do a steam file integrity check and see if any files are missing.

Went ahead and verified integrity. It found some issues that'll hopefully help with my various errors.

I compared my KSCExtended folder with the latest version and it looks identical. Both has 119 files and 5 folders. Not sure what's missing then? I did the same for every dependency of KSC extended and it's all there as far as I can tell.

15 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

fingers crossed.

Still getting the error.

Also getting a lot more of those "active state" set to false on a bunch of other things. About 35 of those lines. Though if I create a sandbox game, I only get about 8 and no error following. What's up with that?

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/juthdku4ki38u7n/KSP.log?dl=0

Edit: those 8 lines in a sandbox game is setting 4 to false, then the same set to true again

[LOG 00:02:16.648] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group KSC_Builtin: active state form: True to: False
[LOG 00:02:16.652] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group IslandAirfield_Builtin: active state form: True to: False
[LOG 00:02:16.652] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group Anomalies: active state form: True to: False
[LOG 00:02:16.652] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group KSCUpgrades: active state form: True to: False
[LOG 00:02:16.653] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetCurrentLaunchSite: retuning CurrentSite: LaunchPad
[LOG 00:02:16.653] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: LaunchPad
[LOG 00:02:16.653] KK: [KerbalKonstructs] OnLevelWasLoad: SC Body is: Kerbin
[LOG 00:02:16.692] KK: [KerbalKonstructs] UpdateCache: using SpaceCenterCam2 as position
[LOG 00:02:16.692] KK: [KerbalKonstructs] UpdateCache: SC2Name: SpaceCenterCamera
[LOG 00:02:16.692] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group KSC_Builtin: active state form: False to: True
[LOG 00:02:16.760] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group IslandAirfield_Builtin: active state form: False to: True
[LOG 00:02:16.760] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group Anomalies: active state form: False to: True
[LOG 00:02:16.760] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group KSCUpgrades: active state form: False to: True

Edited by John007qwe

12 minutes ago, John007qwe said:

"active state" set to false

sites are set to false at first, and then the sites that are close to where you are become active to stop KK from processing animations and lights etc for sites where you are not. Normal behaviour.

Can you send a recon to the TSC site and look at it. Is there a runway with it or not?

20 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

sites are set to false at first, and then the sites that are close to where you are become active to stop KK from processing animations and lights etc for sites where you are not. Normal behaviour.

Can you send a recon to the TSC site and look at it. Is there a runway with it or not?

Is this the one?

a58002c0cc.png

1 minute ago, Caerfinon said:

Yes. Looks completely normal to me.  Odd that there's an error.

I checked the log and I got this:

[LOG 00:38:30.411] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group TSC: active state form: False to: True
[ERR 00:38:30.462] Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'

[LOG 00:38:30.576] KK: [WaterSurface] AddColliderTriggers: WaterSurface: Adding KKCallBack to GameObject
[LOG 00:38:30.576] KK: [WaterSurface] SetupWaterEffect: Added water effect to: model_pondwater
[WRN 00:38:30.580] KK: [AdvancedTextures] SetTexture: cannot set Texture: BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_cylTank_normal as _BumpMap on: fuel_depot_outpost
[WRN 00:38:30.581] KK: [AdvancedTextures] SetTexture: cannot set Texture: BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_cylTank_normal as _BumpMap on: LargeHangarsOpen
[LOG 00:38:30.604] KK: [WaterSurface] AddColliderTriggers: WaterSurface: Adding KKCallBack to GameObject
[LOG 00:38:30.604] KK: [WaterSurface] SetupWaterEffect: Added water effect to: WATER
[LOG 00:38:30.604] KK: [AdvancedTextures] Start: found tiling: (1.0, 1.0)
[LOG 00:38:30.606] KK: [TileTextures] Start: Start called
[LOG 00:38:30.606] KK: [TileTextures] GetScales: GetScales: called
[LOG 00:38:30.607] KK: [TileTextures] TileTexture: TileTexture: called
[LOG 00:38:30.607] KK: [TileTextures] TileTexture: Setting: _MainTex to: (1.0, 1.0)  on: WATER
[LOG 00:38:30.607] KK: [TileTextures] TileTexture: Setting: _BumpMap to: (1.0, 1.0)  on: WATER
[ERR 00:38:30.620] KK: Initialize: AnimateOnSunRise: no anim found: "exterior_anim", on: CommDishStandaloneOutpost

And then (after exiting to KSC and unloading the area, I think):

[LOG 00:41:36.092] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group TSC: active state form: True to: False

11 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

All normal KK messages. It's ok to get odd texture warnings, KK is an older mod for ksp 1.8.1, and sometimes textures are not as they should be.

Right, so the exception probably doesn't have anything to do with TSC. I can probably just ignore it then, since everything seems to work fine.

hi Guys,

Been using KK and got a question.

I am trying to launch from the stock island runway just off the coast from the KSC.  I cant seem to figure out how. 

Other relevant mods installed : kerbin side remastered, water launches  omega stockalike. 

Things I have tried: Searched all through the list in the SPH when I press the KK icon.  Never found Island Runway no matter what options or filters I use.  Switched KK difficulty options 'Launch from Any Site',  'Open Everything' and 'Show Hidden Bases' to off, and it did not seem to do anything whatsoever as I still had same list of bases in the VAB.  I tried switching the filter Icons off in the tracking station.  There just does not seem to be any option to restore the stock bases to the drop down list in the VAB or have them as a launch option in the KK Menu.

Does anyone know of a way to get stock options back?  Do I need to fly out there and try and make a new KK launch site?

Also I did have some ideas about KK.  For those who create and fly a lot of aircraft(like me), to have a map pack which guarantees a landing(and launch) site within 500km of any place on Kerbin.  And another which guarantees within 250km(which is 4 times more than the 500 as it goes by square), so that is a lot but not too much as there are good filtering options in the Tracking Center with KK.  There are so many cool sites on Kerbin and be great for near launch sites, especially for explore by helicopter.  Are there any such map packs already around (or planned) ?

- Gavin786

44 minutes ago, Gavin786 said:

I am trying to launch from the stock island runway just off the coast from the KSC.  I cant seem to figure out how. 

The Island Airport is not a KK site. You could add a KK universal spawn point at the location on the runway and it would then become a launch point.

46 minutes ago, Gavin786 said:

Are there any such map packs already around (or planned) ?

I recently released a pack for Airstrips because I like to do ground missions around Kerbin and I wanted landing zones for my planes. You could edit them into launch sites if you liked;

available on Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/2685/Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras and CKAN

There is an older mod from around 3 years ago. It has a GitHub link to it's files

There is also the relatively new mod on Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/2687/Kerbin Expansion Pack which adds some larger bases. 

21 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

The Island Airport is not a KK site. You could add a KK universal spawn point at the location on the runway and it would then become a launch point.

I recently released a pack for Airstrips because I like to do ground missions around Kerbin and I wanted landing zones for my planes. You could edit them into launch sites if you liked;

available on Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/2685/Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras and CKAN

There is an older mod from around 3 years ago. It has a GitHub link to it's files

There is also the relatively new mod on Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/2687/Kerbin Expansion Pack which adds some larger bases. 

@Gavin786 Fair warning - I haven't been able to get KSR Airports to work under 1.11.x. Back up your save files before running, and be prepared that it might not work. IIRC they just weren't showing up.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

They need a little bit of a touch up here and there... a little paint and some new curtains, but the can be salvaged.

I discovered the need for...curtains..upon trying to land on a runway that was below the ground lol. Fun times.

18 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

Does anyone know how to do that?

You can place the different pieces of a site together in any arrangement you choose. Some mods yous a "standard" layout of airports of launch sites to provide an easy method to place them around the world. There is no built in requirement to do so. Each and every KK site can be completely unique if you choose to do it that way. 

To begin a new KK site you need to travel to the location where you want to build it. Once there use CTL-K to open the KK editor. You will want to create a group that will hold all of the objects you want to place in the site and you may want to create a MapDecal if you want to change the terrain around your new site. Once these you can begin adding new instances from the list of what you have installed. Theses will include launchpads and buildings. You can use the stock KSC items, or you can use new structures from the various KK mods you have installed. 

When you save you new base all related files will be in the GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances folder. You can leave it there, but best practice is to move it to it's own folder somewhere in GameData to keep things better organized. Having 2 or more base configs in the same location can become confusing for later modiifcations.

You should read the Wiki =- https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki (especially about MapDecals). You should also take time to review the config files of some bases that are already set up so you can get an idea of how they relate to each other to better help you design your own base.

These mods add modular parts that can be used in base construction in the KK editor;

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to use the KK launch sites before, but it is not always consistent

It frequently places my craft on the default launch pad or the default runway and not the ones I have selected in KK

So, I've opened the base, I've set it as Launchsite, I've even set it as default Launchsite, it definitely says 'Current Launchsite: <Name of my custom launch pad>' but it often still starts me on the default pad/runway instead

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

2 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

is there any debris or other vessels too close to the site you are trying to launch on? That sometimes messes up a new launch.
You could check through the ksp.log and the player.log to see if there are any warnings/error/exceptions when you try to launch your vessel.

31 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

When you launch, is it via big green Launch button? Or do you open the site menu dropdown and scroll down to your site, select it, then click "launch" from down there in the dropdown menu? In my experience you need to do the latter, or it may just go to Pad/Runway09. Another issue I have run into is a spawn point being too close to another one. This will send you back to Space Center upon launch. That's about all the info I can think of... Godspeed.

None of that ^ is applicable without any DLC launchsites.

Edited by ElonsMusk

Love Kerbal Konstructs. Finding Kermundson by chance in the soth pole (Kerbinside remastered I believe) Building my volcano base on crater island. Being able to spawn in to water. And using map decals for the volcano crater and a switchback road, and canyon maze to fly jet fighters through.

Also meshes are meshes, so since I can't create my own, finding ones that can be turned static and used for a stunt course with hoops to fly through and things to fly around, being able to put an oversized aircraft carrier in my harbour that can be landed on and taken off from. Finding that the stock spotlight comes with the light on when turned static, then using it to light runways and stunt things.

Serious fun. :)

I have managed to use the KK launch sites before, but it is not always consistent

It frequently places my craft on the default launch pad or the default runway and not the ones I have selected in KK

So, I've opened the base, I've set it as Launchsite, I've even set it as default Launchsite, it definitely says 'Current Launchsite: <Name of my custom launch pad>' but it often still starts me on the default pad/runway instead

This also happens to me too! I am getting frustrated! I need Kerbal Konstruct to launch my ship on other planets or Moons (very useful for Exoplanet! I am alright to launch my ship from Kerbin to Duna, Eve, Moho, Dres and barely to Jool..but Outside Jool, I need Kerbal Konstruct) I clicked the Big Green Button on the top right corner (yeah the default launch button)...And there is no debris... 

Do i have to do it far away from the default launchpad or Runway? 

do you open the site menu dropdown and scroll down to your site, select it, then click "launch" from down there in the dropdown menu

No idea! Do I hjave to launch it from down in dropdownmenu instead of the default one? 

I am using 1.11.2

Edited by kennyc222

3 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

No idea! Do I hjave to launch it from down in dropdownmenu instead of the default one? 

You are setting it as the launchsite in the dropdown menu before you hit the green launch button aren't you?

You are setting it as the launchsite in the dropdown menu before you hit the green launch button aren't you?

yes that's what I did...i set it as the new launchsite in the dropdown menu  before I hit the green launch button ..it didn't work...

As Kerbal Konstruct is very useful to launch very large vessal on other planets or Moons..I desperately need it to work 

Do i need to spawn somewhere far away? or 1.11.2 doesn't work anymore? 

bugKK.jpg

here is the Conole log...seems a bug has been existing for long time

Edited by kennyc222