[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

1 hour ago, kennyc222 said:

yes that's what I did...i set it as the new launchsite in the dropdown menu

Have you tried setting the launch site from the VAB in the KK menu? The picture below shows the "Set as Launchsite" button.

3CCnLgs.png

Then hit the Green Launch button without using the drop down menu.
Does that work any better?

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Have you tried setting the launch site from the VAB in the KK menu? The picture below shows the "Set as Launchsite" button.

3CCnLgs.png

Then hit the Green Launch button without using the drop down menu.
Does that work any better?

It works! I just tested it again using VAB instead of SPH.....Just keep using VAB to laucnh my ships and all work again!...i just found out! I can now alunche my ships (in full load and full fuel, full EC) on other planets and moons!

2 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

here is the Conole log...seems a bug has been existing for long time

Someone more qualified than me, most likely Caerfinon, will come along and read this and probably get a better Idea. I know I had a problem in 1.9.1 when trying to build bases on other planets, that stopped me from being able to load the game till I fully removed KK and installed fresh. Looks like you may have a conflict with another environmental mod.

2 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

It works!

Huzzah! Well done. Fly safe

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

most likely Caerfinon

You're too kind. I'm just a page ahead and find out most things by poking around and failing 4 or 5 thousand times before I get it to work. :happy:

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

You're too kind. I'm just a page ahead and find out most things by poking around and failing 4 or 5 thousand times before I get it to work.

Described me to a T. We obviously approach these things the same way. :)

8 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

yes that's what I did...i set it as the new launchsite in the dropdown menu  before I hit the green launch button ..it didn't work...

As Kerbal Konstruct is very useful to launch very large vessal on other planets or Moons..I desperately need it to work 

Do i need to spawn somewhere far away? or 1.11.2 doesn't work anymore? 

bugKK.jpg

here is the Conole log...seems a bug has been existing for long time

When I use the green square launch button, it defaults to pad on me sometimes. I always always always go into the dropdown, and simply click launch next to the site. I do *not* select it. Maybe this is how you have to do it, too. Once the site is open I don't use the K&K icon menu thing anymore except for checking that sites are open. I have successfully used this process to spawn vessels on the Mun in 1.11.2.  Good luck!

On 5/7/2021 at 6:17 PM, ElonsMusk said:

When you launch, is it via big green Launch button? Or do you open the site menu dropdown and scroll down to your site, select it, then click "launch" from down there in the dropdown menu? In my experience you need to do the latter, or it may just go to Pad/Runway09. Another issue I have run into is a spawn point being too close to another one. This will send you back to Space Center upon launch. That's about all the info I can think of... Godspeed.

None of that ^ is applicable without any DLC launchsites.

I must be dumb because I can't find any other launch button apart from the one in the top right next to the exit button

What is the 'site menu drop down'? Is it different to the Launch site selector in all the screenshots?

45 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

I must be dumb because I can't find any other launch button apart from the one in the top right next to the exit button

What is the 'site menu drop down'? Is it different to the Launch site selector in all the screenshots?

I think what's being described is that little pull-down "tray" under the launch button that allows you to select/launch from other locations. In stock it allows you to take off from the island airfield, etc.

8 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

I actually don't think there is a different "Launch" button, not that I have noticed. The drop down is when you click on the "KK" on the bottom of the SPH or VAB screen when you have KK installed. I usually have to click it twice for it to pop up. Then you either have had to create the the launchsite your self using Kerbal Konstructs or you have to have flown within 5km of a site for most of Kerbinside Remastered. Choose a landing site in the list, then make sure you have clicked the open base button. It costs money in career but in sandbox you can just click it. then in the list if it has a green dot next to it you can click it to set as launch site. Then the next time you push that green  launch button up at the top right, you will spawn at the location you have chosen.

Apologies for lack of clarity. The stock tray that drops down when you hover over launch can be populated with K&K sites. I also use KerbinSide Airports atm perhaps that function is from that. Also in my situation I have all sites on and "launch from any site" enabled (K&K options).  I don't need to even go into the K&K menu (via stock app tray) unless I forget to open a newly created site. I look in the tray, scroll down for the site I want, and click the launch icon directly beside its name.

I'm somewhat familiar with it as I'm using it right now to run custom crawlerways and storage sites for my reusable campaigns. I've only been using stock SPH Runway 09 launches, VAB however has allowed me to much about this way. I just closed KSP for the night otherwise I'd have shown a gif, hopefully I'm being helpful, lol.

Ok I found this on some wiki pages. It's a sort of upload icon, not "launch" my mistake friends. For me, I get a long list alongside Woomerang etc.

VAB_Dropdown.pngVAB_Launch.png

Edited by ElonsMusk
additional info

• 2 weeks later...

hey, im using the small landing pad in my 1.10.1 build and when i blow it up to the size i want the burn marks on the pad lift off the surface. ive tried to find a way to edit the file to leave them out but haven't had any luck. anyone know how to do that or any other potential fixesJ1zBk9m.jpgnqLSYWU.jpg

Edited by FDAUT

I don't know if you fixed your pad problem. It might not be fixable unless there is a setting for distance from centre like attach nodes. When you blow up certain things you also invisibly move away from centre the interaction point of the mesh. This happens with my Kerbals Mobility enhancer extendable ladder. I gave it the ability to Tweakscale and when I blow it up a good bit the Kerbal climbing it looks like it is climbing thin air about a Kerbals width out from the ladder. That is because what you see is only window dressing. The rungs look too far apart but the Kerbal can still climb. Same thing for your pad.

@FDAUT

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I don't know if you fixed your pad problem. It might not be fixable unless there is a setting for distance from centre like attach nodes. When you blow up certain things you also invisibly move away from centre the interaction point of the mesh. This happens with my Kerbals Mobility enhancer extendable ladder. I gave it the ability to Tweakscale and when I blow it up a good bit the Kerbal climbing it looks like it is climbing thin air about a Kerbals width out from the ladder. That is because what you see is only window dressing. The rungs look too far apart but the Kerbal can still climb. Same thing for your pad.

@FDAUT

nah haven't found a solution yet.  yeah i figured something like this was the case. I'm just hoping that there is a way to edit the file to not include the pad burn. I've had a brief look through and found this in the mm patch in the mod root file:

//PADBURN
    MODULE
    {    
        name = AdvancedTextures
        namespace = KerbalKonstructs
        transforms = model_padburn
        newShader = KSP/Scenery/Decal/Multiply
         _MainTex = BUILTIN:/launchDirt
    }

i suspect removing this though will only get rid of the reference for the effect and not the effect itself.  my only option at the moment seems to be make the pad smaller but unfortunately my  rocket landings aren't accurate enough to land on the pads at their default size (i just use the mechjeb landing guidance)    

5 hours ago, FDAUT said:

i suspect removing this though will only get rid of the reference for the effect and not the effect itself.  my only option at the moment seems to be make the pad smaller but unfortunately my  rocket landings aren't accurate enough to land on the pads at their default size (i just use the mechjeb landing guidance)    

Add double forward slashes in front of all those lines. Roughly like this. If it goes away then good, if it doesn't then just go back by removing the forward slashes again. The texture is not removable from the game but it can only be added if the module tells it to.

//PADBURN
   //  MODULE
   // {    
   //   name = AdvancedTextures
   //   namespace = KerbalKonstructs
   //   transforms = model_padburn
   //   newShader = KSP/Scenery/Decal/Multiply
   //    _MainTex = BUILTIN:/launchDirt
  //  }

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Add double forward slashes in front of all those lines. Roughly like this. If it goes away then good, if it doesn't then just go back by removing the forward slashes again. The texture is not removable from the game but it can only be added if the module tells it to.

//PADBURN
   //  MODULE
   // {    
   //   name = AdvancedTextures
   //   namespace = KerbalKonstructs
   //   transforms = model_padburn
   //   newShader = KSP/Scenery/Decal/Multiply
   //    _MainTex = BUILTIN:/launchDirt
  //  }

tried this and as suspected it just left grey textures. but i did stumble upon this in the omega's stockalike structures thread at the very top: 

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with base Enabled, all meshes active
	name = Default 
}

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with no base, Standard hex meshes disabled
	name = NoHexBase
	deactivateTransforms = model_asphalt, model_asphalt_line01, model_asphalt_line02, model_grass, model_pavement
} 

this was for people who wanted  the structures with no bases on them. it says to add this to the static cfg file. my though was to do this: 

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with base Enabled, all meshes active
	name = Default 
}

VARIANT 
{
	//Static with no base, Standard hex meshes disabled
	name = NoBurn
	deactivateTransforms = model_padburn
}

but this didnt seem to work it as didnt give me any variant, but im a layman when it comes this this stuff so idk if i inserted this right even. but as far as i can tell it should work. 

Though I have created static meshes out of part meshes, There are paramaters with BUILTIN textures I have yet to work out. In the Omega config the variant actually exists because the author created a variant for the module to reference. The "name = NoHexBase" is pointing to a mesh that the author created that has no hex base. Unless you have a mesh called NoBurn for the module to use then the deactivateTransforms can't work. Try using name = Default in the 2nd variant as well so that the module knows what mesh it is turning the texture  off on. If that doesn't work then see if you can find the Author on here who created the pad and ask them directly what you can do.

@FDAUT My brain can be slow at times. The above is still valid but I realised that you said

tried this and as suspected it just left grey textures

That means the Pad burn is itself a mesh, dull silver grey is what un texture wrapped meshes look like. So If you can find the *.mu (just so I don't assume, the asterix means all generic .mu files, it is a place holder that means there is a name before the .mu If you already know this then no harm for someone who reads this and doesn't) that is referenced by the config file and remove it to somewhere outside the folder structure, then the config can't load it.

Edited by ColdJ

57 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

That is great.

Gord blimey that is !@#$%^&* humongous.

What on Kerbin are you launching?

hehe nothing extreme really, mainly now my 1:1 Kerbal starship , only reason i need a pad that big is because mj landing guidance isn't super accurate (although i only use this for falcon 9 style booster recovery, starship i fly manually).

O1eJt6p.jpgIrzAU8d.jpg Hr4cIMb.jpg

this is the heinous thing i used for about a year until this revamp of my ksc i did. this is the only sc i have of it  and when you came withing a certain distance you could see under it so it definitely wasn't ideal. 

b8HJo6s.jpg

Greetings. I have a minor issue, wondering if anyone can comment. Basically, the JNSQ grass color on statics is not being persisted between KSP runs. My steps are that I place a static like an OSS launch pad, change its grass color to JNSQ, save the static, save the main KK window, and everything is peachy for the rest of the KSP run. But on next KSP restart, the grass color is back to the default neon green. It's simple to launch a probe and fix it, but just wondering if there's anything I can do to make it stick? I'm on 1.11.2.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

but just wondering if there's anything I can do to make it stick?

1. Take a copy of the instance file after you change it  and save it, and another after it reverts and and compare the two files to note what the changes are.
  2. Also you should be aware that JNSQ has a patch file called DefaultColor.cfg in folder \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\KK  that changes color presets.

See if the altered values from #1 match with what #2 is doing.  If it is, maybe some advice from the JNSQ team on how to resolve.

i also got an issue too...my game crashes when the KSP main game tries to load.  I found out Kerbal Konstruct is a culprit. I built some static base on other moons and planets. It crashes if I build too many static bases. .. At forst it loads fast, but it starts getting slow and eventually crashes my entire game and also my windows System. :( 

i am running 1.11.2 version and i have tons of mods installed too! All mods are loading fine except kerbal Konstruct. (Kerbal Konstruct runs well if there is nothing built)

Edited by kennyc222