[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Any one getting missing black textures? Every version I try from 1.8.1 to 1.12.2 doesn't work.

Ksp.log: https://file.io/SIxrzqSuE7jH

Screenshot-3.png

Mods:

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions_Configs
000_TexturesUnlimited
001_ToolbarControl
AstronomersVisualPack
CustomPreLaunchChecks
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
JanitorsCloset
KerbalKonstructs
KerbinSideRemastered
KSCExtended
KSP-AVC
OSSNTR
scatterer
Sigma
SpaceTuxLibrary
Stock folder: Squad

Edited by editor99

1 hour ago, editor99 said:

Any one getting missing black textures? Every version I try from 1.8.1 to 1.12.2 doesn't work.

Things like that seem to be reasonably common, Either the "Instance" files grass color is being reset or the texture pathway is corrupted. Have you tried creating a new launch pad of the same type to see if it is also black? If you simply move the exported instance from version to version, then you are taking the problem with you to each version. When @Caerfinon is next on and has some time, he might be able to help you as this is one of his expert subjects.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:01 AM, Nightside said:

Background info: A height map is a 2D grayscale image used to represent or generate a 3D surface. The lowest elevations are represented as black and the highest as white with a continuum of grays in between representing intermediate elevations. In my canyon image above I used an actual elevation map of the grand canyon. The height map for this something like this:

photo.jpg

However, to get started you can use the height maps included with the mod.

Step 1. Travel to your desired location. Use tools like Vessel Mover or HyperEdit to make this easier.

Step 2. Press CRTL+ k to bring up the Kerbal Konstructs editor

Step 3. Press the EDIT MAP DECALS button

Step 4. Press the SPAWN NEW MAPDECAL button, the Mapdecal Editor window should appear.

Step 5a. Click the HEIGHT MAP  button and select a height map;

5b.  Since you just want a flat area to build on, select the AllBlack height map. This map won't have any variation within, just smoothing at the edges so it matches surrounding terrain;

5c. Set parameters, RADIUS (try something like 2000 to 5000 depending on base size), ABSOLUTE OFFSET (this is altitude for the lowest part of your map decal, set it to approximately the existing ground level at your site) & HEIGHTMAPDEFORMITY (this is the difference in elevation between whites and blacks on the heightmap, since we are using an all black map this doesn't matter, but it is important for all other maps), these values are in meters. Press APPLY & SAVE, and inspect your work. 

You can changes and edits to your parameters and position then press APPLY & SAVE again.

Post pics of what you make!

This is probably an issue with me using this mod with 1.11 ksp and this thread being from 2 years ago, but this doesn't work for me. When I hit apply it does nothing.

Edit: No idea what changed but it is working now.

Edited by somanymods

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Things like that seem to be reasonably common, Either the "Instance" files grass color is being reset or the texture pathway is corrupted. Have you tried creating a new launch pad of the same type to see if it is also black? If you simply move the exported instance from version to version, then you are taking the problem with you to each version. When @Caerfinon is next on and has some time, he might be able to help you as this is one of his expert subjects.

Yes, almost every object is black.

1 minute ago, editor99 said:

If even new creations are black then it sounds like the texture being used has somehow become corrupted. Save and move your instances out and then reinstall KK and pop the instances back to see if that fixes it. Make sure you fully remove the current before you put it back to make sure there are no lingering problems.

8 minutes ago, editor99 said:

Ksp.log: https://file.io/SIxrzqSuE7jH

Screenshot-3.png

Mods:

Reveal hidden contents

000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions_Configs
000_TexturesUnlimited
001_ToolbarControl
AstronomersVisualPack
CustomPreLaunchChecks
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
JanitorsCloset
KerbalKonstructs
KerbinSideRemastered
KSCExtended
KSP-AVC
OSSNTR
scatterer
Sigma
SpaceTuxLibrary
Stock folder: Squad

Never mind, OpenJL was causing issues. In case anyone has similar issues, I found a dupilcate: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/190733-ksc-extended-missing-textures/ 

(Note: Corrupted or Missing textures are usually pink)

Edited by editor99
Grammer

6 minutes ago, editor99 said:

(Note: Corrupted or Missing textures are usually pink)

Yes, but strange things can happen when random code gets loose in the wild. :)

Never mind, OpenJL was causing issues.

glad you found out the cause.

1 hour ago, somanymods said:

When I hit apply it does nothing.

sometimes it gets cranky.  It your looking for a new tutorial you cam check out the link in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a part that was a craft part with an animation and turned it into a static. Is there any way to make the animation work as static? Also is there a way to make it recognised as a launch site?

Jjv6CmL.png

8 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Also is there a way to make it recognised as a launch site?

You can make it a launch site in the instance editor for the part. See -> https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras/wiki/Getting-Started-With-Kerbal-Konstructs#make-a-launch-site for details.

Edit: If for some reason the launch-site cannot be edited on the part. You could drop a "Universal Spawn point" on top of it. (needs Omega structures mod) 

Edited by Caerfinon

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You can make it a launch site in the instance editor for the part. See -> https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras/wiki/Getting-Started-With-Kerbal-Konstructs#make-a-launch-site for details.

Did set it as a launch site in the editor but it wouldn't show up. KSP for me doesn't seem to like launch sites on other celestial bodies. Even the Universal spawn point is spotty at best.

9 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Can you set it as the launch site from KK Base Manager in the VAB/SPH?

Not at the time of this post, but I haven't loaded yet since I went in and edited the instance file. Even the universal spawn point will more often than not have me turn up on the KSC lanch pad, rather than on the Mun.

5 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

is it possible to switch between parts without the scrolling menu

Not that I'm aware of.  Clicking with the mouse only brings up the game play facility window if the static has one assigned.

I need your help. I am building a new clean install of 1.11.2 with Making History and Breaking Ground. I have tried loading KK but it is not showing up in the game. The menu icon is not present nor does ctrl-K work, even with a capsule on the pad. I have the KK folder in GameData, and it's configuration matches that of my successful install for 1.10. As the game is booting up it seems that it is recognizing KK's presence and CKAN sees it as a manually installed mod, but I am still not seeing it in the game. Please advise. I can send logs, but I am having the devil of a time finding them. Please advise.

Thank you.

Edited by DaveyJ576
typo

Okay, so ignore my last post. I continued to mess around with it and got it fixed. I still don't know what the original problem was, but apparently it wasn't installing correctly. On a hunch I pulled up CKAN and changed the compatibility to 1.7. KK showed up in the list as needing an update so I let CKAN install the update. It worked! KK now runs in the game correctly and I installed KSC Extended, OSS/NTR, Tundra Space Center, and Kerbinside Remastered. Everything loaded and worked correctly when it didn't before.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - I've managed to load kerbbal-konstructs under KSP 1.12 however, the CTL-K edit feature is broken. Existing statics load ok (ksc extened, ksc harbor, kerbin side remastered) and facilities seem to work. Just the editor seems broken. 

Confirmed. Specifically, using CTL-K to launch the editor causes the Statics Editor screen to open normally, but clicking on anything after that renders an empty window and spams the log with Missing Method exceptions (void UnityEngine.GUIText.set_text). Statics appear to function normally - I can open the blimp hangar doors and successfully store a craft in there. Haven't tried to use fuel facilities or other objects that require a dialog box with sliders.