[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

29 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

are you executing it from the location you want to build at in flight scene? (with a kerbal or probe present)

Yes, I vessel morvered a probe core next to the ksc, i tried kerbal manned thing still dont work. I also use RSS.

Edited by BronzeShoe20968

58 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You will need to provide your logs to see what's going on. Can you set the Kerbal Konstructs debug on in the difficulty settings and then post them? 

Here they are: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usIspqGFMTjp2AS3a8Qvnp8KT2Xxr5er/view?usp=sharing orhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1TBO0FBT3QdhM5tAfkEgp-0hs95lUP4nw/view?usp=sharing. I also changed the difficulty setting and tried ctrl-k after aswell.

typo

6 hours ago, BronzeShoe20968 said:

Here they are

You have 29 "Uploading Crash Reports" for various mods you have installed. 

1 Crash is related to Kerbal Konstructs not being able to find the homeworld "Kerbin"

Spoiler
Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.GroupCenter.get_dbKey () [0x00000] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.GroupCenter.Spawn () [0x00000] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.ConfigParser.LoadAllGroupCenter () [0x0004d] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.Awake () [0x0016c] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

You also have a file KerbalKonstructs-v1.8.6.0.zip in your GameData folder. This should not be present. 

This may be a mod conflict or an RSS configuration issue that you should inquire about in the RSSS forum. Also see possibly related issue 

Im pretty sure its mod conflict but I have no idea how to go about it, got rid of the zip and trying to reinstall kerbal konstuct (nvm i fixed it by removing extra kerbal konstrucks configs like tundra space center)

fixed

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I have searched the thread (and google) to find a way to HomeSwitch from Kerbin to one of the OPM planets (maybe even a moon, not sure yet) after I reach the point in my career that I need to start heading to the GU galaxies. I'd like to create a launch site without ELP which I believe is possible with KK (as well as using the Alien Space Program configs/textures as a jumping off point if needed), but not sure where to start. I see a homeworld setting on my KK launch sites through KSCExtended and KerbinSide (not sure if Tundra adds launch sites or just edits them, but I can't find any homeworld settings in the configs there so far), so I'd assume I'd just add an OPM planet/moon after I have RT control throughout the system.

If anyone has a config/preset they could share that I'm just overlooking I'd appreciate it. If you'd prefer me to post this in the KK thread I can aim my questions there. My current idea is to duplicate one of the polar launchpads (maybe even KSC itself) and set the HomeWorld to "Neidon" for example, but I'm not sure if that would work or not? Does anybody happen to have any configs for OPM or somehing similar I could use as a template?

Thanks!

On 1/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, shoe7ess said:

Hello all. I have searched the thread (and google) to find a way to HomeSwitch from Kerbin to one of the OPM planets (maybe even a moon, not sure yet) after I reach the point in my career that I need to start heading to the GU galaxies. I'd like to create a launch site without ELP which I believe is possible with KK (as well as using the Alien Space Program configs/textures as a jumping off point if needed), but not sure where to start. I see a homeworld setting on my KK launch sites through KSCExtended and KerbinSide (not sure if Tundra adds launch sites or just edits them, but I can't find any homeworld settings in the configs there so far), so I'd assume I'd just add an OPM planet/moon after I have RT control throughout the system.

If anyone has a config/preset they could share that I'm just overlooking I'd appreciate it. If you'd prefer me to post this in the KK thread I can aim my questions there. My current idea is to duplicate one of the polar launchpads (maybe even KSC itself) and set the HomeWorld to "Neidon" for example, but I'm not sure if that would work or not? Does anybody happen to have any configs for OPM or somehing similar I could use as a template?

Thanks!

Why do you need to homeswitch to something else? KK supports bases on other bodies, you just have to have someone on the ground there and then CTRL-K to create the map decal, group, launch site, etc. After that, you can select to launch from that site - none of that requires EL.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:23 PM, panarchist said:

Why do you need to homeswitch to something else? KK supports bases on other bodies, you just have to have someone on the ground there and then CTRL-K to create the map decal, group, launch site, etc. After that, you can select to launch from that site - none of that requires EL.

Forgot I could just hyper-edit my way somewhere and do it that way. I'm basically trying to make a base that I don't plan to open until I've covered OPM with RT comms. I have GU installed so once I get to the later part of my career I plan on using the CBK T5 base I set up on one of the other planets/moons as a "jump off" point for setting up interstellar vehicles (as well as a few other mod related mechanics). I didn't even think about just throwing a group down on one of those planets via KKs in-game config. I had been down the .cfg/MM rabbit hole for like... 4 hours or so when I posted that so I think my original goal was to have a base set up that I could just unlock when the time came. I wanted to take advantage of some of the Alien Space Program mod to make a match but my mind was completely "out of game creating a config for a base on a pole somewhere and making my life as difficult as possible".

Thanks for the reply/easier-solution, throwing down a group seems so obvious now... now to find a ladder :D

• 2 weeks later...

@Caerfinon Thanks for the primer on getting started.
I saw your response over on Pathfinder, but this is the more appropriate place.  Yeah..  I found that unless CustomPreLaunchChecks in installed, KK doesn't even load in.  I've cloned over my game and added KK and CustomPreLaunchChecks (CPLC).  The Statics Editor just doesn't work.  I've got KK 1.8.1.15 and am on KSP 1.12.3

When I switch to a base and CTRL-K to bring up the KK Statics Editor - it comes up, but none of the buttons do anything and you can't close it.  Any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Would need to see your ksp.log 

I've gone through it already and will provide if you wish, but the offending exception appears to be here:

[ERR 14:34:31.134] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.get_debugMode () [0x0000c] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Debug (System.String message) [0x00000] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticDatabase.ToggleActiveAllStatics (System.Boolean activate) [0x00000] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnLevelWasLoad (GameScenes data) [0x0000b] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 

[EXC 14:34:35.295] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.UpdateCache () (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Do you want Player.log or KSP.log?  Or will the above do? 

If you want it..
https://www.oregonbusclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/KSP.zip

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

17 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

There are several more KK exceptions. Is there a reason you are using v1.8.1.15 of KK?  The current version is v1.8.6.0. 

That is the latest version available on the GitHub repo.  Where is the latest available?

Ok... found it.  I guess GER-Space went missing.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Edit: Ignore this post, just saw there's a newer version and thread for it.

I'm playing with RO-RP1, latest version of KSP, and a stack of other mods. I removed KK and CustomPreLaunchChecks to try and pin down a random crash I'm having. After removing them and restarting my game, my funds per day has gone from a fairly high positive value (+319 per day) to a negative value (-1085 per day), basically breaking my game. Re-installing KK and CustomPreLaunchChecks restores my game to normal.

If I start a new game without KK, and load my current save file into there, it still shows negative fund values, so something in my save file caused by KK is breaking it. I haven't even used KK yet to build anything but I'm stuck with it!

Does anyone know what's going on or how I remove it without losing my game save, please?

Edited by Mark L
Newer version and thread found, and can't delete post.

• 1 month later...

I have openned one of the launchsites that come with KK, Kerman Atoll, and I can launch planes from there, but the launchpad isn't available in the launchsites list, neither through clicking the launchpad in the KSC scene, nor in the VAB launch button. I have already opened the place, and I've enabled other launchsites in the difficulty menu. Why is this problem ocurring?

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

I made a custom space center and made new launchpads. I enabled them but they still don't let me launch from them. When I go into map view, it doesn't show me the launchpads and let me Open them. What am I doing wrong?

First, here's the current thread for this mod:

And sounds to me like you haven't opened the launchsites. This can be a two-step thing. One step is to tell KK that you want a pad to be a launchsite, which is done in the static editor right when you place the part. There's a "Edit Launchsite" button that leads to a dialog where you define the parameters of the launch pad. The second step is in the VAB, where you have to open the launch site by clicking on the KK icon, selecting the site, and using the second popup to open it.

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

First, here's the current thread for this mod:

And sounds to me like you haven't opened the launchsites. This can be a two-step thing. One step is to tell KK that you want a pad to be a launchsite, which is done in the static editor right when you place the part. There's a "Edit Launchsite" button that leads to a dialog where you define the parameters of the launch pad. The second step is in the VAB, where you have to open the launch site by clicking on the KK icon, selecting the site, and using the second popup to open it.

It works now. Thanks!