[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

49 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

Sounds good! Thanks again for being both very responsive, and very helpful. I don't think I've ever seen such quick help with a Mod issue ever before!

No Problem, I was already coding, Here is a new Release which has the bugs in the LaunchSite editor fixed (there had been a few, but only when there was no previous LaunchSite defined)

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/download/0.9.9.9/Kerbal-Konstructs-0.9.9.9b.zip 

Just now, Ger_space said:

Here is a new Release which has the bugs in the LaunchSite editor fixed

Wow, quick work! You seriously are one of the most helpful modders I've had the pleasure of talking to! Thanks! I'll let you know if I have any more problems when I give this another go in about 15-25 minutes. Just gotta get the Endeavour V crew home from Mun :wink:

Well, I'm happy to report that it's almost perfectly working now. Only a couple of minor bugs that I've mostly been able to work around. Like in the VAB (or SPH) if I try to select a base that's not yet opened the button clicks, but doesn't actually select (if that makes sense). Maybe this is intended behavior though, not sure.

Other things I noticed:
Some of the markers for Launch sites were off by quite a bit. KSC Runway was a good 50km off into the middle of the ocean, and my new Launchsite is about 1500km away from it's correct location (the map marker, that is)
When I selected the KK toolbar button while "flying" a flag near the new launch site, it was just a grey panel with no buttons, instead of the Nearest Base, Open/Close this base, etc screen. This could be worked around, just annoying.

Thanks again for your hard work! Glad I have a working system now, even if it is a bit buggy at times. They aren't (as far as I can tell) game breaking bugs.

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

looks like you are not the only one @msnbcorp .   looks like the problem orrors, when KK tries to access the too early before all variables are setup right. I have no Idea why this happens to you, but I look what kind of black magic I need to fix that, because Unity3d allows not threads and microsleeps, only stupid coroutines. 

As i said ont he EVE topic, don't know why but it's a very specific bad interaction :

Well i'm not sure but it seems that the last pre-release version of konstruct solve the bug. I'm checking that.
But the log error still remain :

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/242f5080f9538ef75cf464dd09ac14e7/output_log.txt

Well, final test done. The bug is here with the version 9.9.6 of Kerbal Konstruct but not with the pre-release version 9.9.7. BUT the error message remain. With no visual impact ingame.

I strongly recommend to go to 9.9.7 for everybody ^^

So, well, don't know why but you're pre-release fix the symptoms ...

Still try to test your beta though :wink:

Our guessing in EVE is that it's due too to a specific version of EVE (only the last one cause the bug) . May be it's a starting point for you. Making the diff between the two versions could help you to understand what have changed that can interact with construct. I guess it's shadow or other thing like this about shadow and transparency on the facilities ...

If it's due to bad routine interactions, may be you could try a separate process like Principia does ... it's a bit harder but then you code into C++ directly and so can launch whatever you want when you want ...

edit : it seems that you are right about the order of loading, see this response of @Waz :

It could be a number of things but it's extremely unlikely to have been the transparent FX thing. Most likely it's related to the change that makes the clouds work on the main menu (the actual change was to initialize the mod correctly upon scene change, the main menu was just a bonus).

So well, perhaps it is not the shadow but truely the order of loading. Because now EVE load at the begening of the game and before it was not the case. So conflict could occur here ...

there is really no actions to force a mod to load AFTER on the loading screen ?

An idead of a quick fix : just don't load at the screen  menu, only ingame ? After all, who cares about KK running in the menu ?

Edited by msnbcorp

7 hours ago, Ger_space said:

could you please upload your ksp logfiles? KSP.log and output_log.txt ? I can look there what went wrong. You can also try one of the later test releases of KK. 

Thanks for looking in to it. I'll try to use a different version of KK and KS, but I have the newest versions of both installed. Anyways, I uploaded the files you asked for into the Dropbox folder. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3g92jok74ou1thx/AABtQYCUvc-9Cduh4-DuKVjma?dl=0

I have some other mods installed on that game, but I tried without any other mods, and the result was the same, so I don't think any other mods are interfering with KS and KK.

9 minutes ago, GUD said:

Thanks for looking in to it. I'll try to use a different version of KK and KS, but I have the newest versions of both installed. Anyways, I uploaded the files you asked for into the Dropbox folder. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3g92jok74ou1thx/AABtQYCUvc-9Cduh4-DuKVjma?dl=0

I have some other mods installed on that game, but I tried without any other mods, and the result was the same, so I don't think any other mods are interfering with KS and KK.

Never mind. Your new version of KK fixed my problem. Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, GUD said:

Never mind. Your new version of KK fixed my problem. Thank you so much!

ah, I love it, when problems are solved by itself :D

2 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

edit : it seems that you are right about the order of loading, see this response of @Waz :

So well, perhaps it is not the shadow but truely the order of loading. Because now EVE load at the begening of the game and before it was not the case. So conflict could occur here ...

there is really no actions to force a mod to load AFTER on the loading screen ?

An idead of a quick fix : just don't load at the screen  menu, only ingame ? After all, who cares about KK running in the menu ?

KK needs to load at the MainMenue, because It takes ca a second*** to place parse the configs and place all objects, when you have KerbinSide installed.I can do this once at the MainMenue, or at every screne switch... so many users would complain, about bad loading times and probably a hand full of new bugs. 

*** on my mashine, which a new I7. 

After I solved the Issues I introduced with the latest pre-releases I look at the case with EVE and look how this can be solved. Maybe it's only a check if the found PQS-GameObject is really active before accessing it, maybe it's more. 

3 hours ago, MarcRan17 said:

Well, I'm happy to report that it's almost perfectly working now. Only a couple of minor bugs that I've mostly been able to work around. Like in the VAB (or SPH) if I try to select a base that's not yet opened the button clicks, but doesn't actually select (if that makes sense). Maybe this is intended behavior though, not sure.

Other things I noticed:
Some of the markers for Launch sites were off by quite a bit. KSC Runway was a good 50km off into the middle of the ocean, and my new Launchsite is about 1500km away from it's correct location (the map marker, that is)
When I selected the KK toolbar button while "flying" a flag near the new launch site, it was just a grey panel with no buttons, instead of the Nearest Base, Open/Close this base, etc screen. This could be worked around, just annoying.

Thanks again for your hard work! Glad I have a working system now, even if it is a bit buggy at times. They aren't (as far as I can tell) game breaking bugs.

The Issues are occuring with newly created launchsites and a restart of KSP will ully initialize the LaunchSite, so you can use it. I think I can fix this and then I can remove the warning from the LaunchSite Editor, (which nobody reads  :P

I don't know if this issue always existed or is new one, but the warning text wasn't from me. 

The Icons the KSC and new bases should be in place now. (I hope).

Edited by Ger_space

Here is a new test release:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.9

Changes for Players

• CommNet GroundStations should have the same Range as RemoteTech Stations
  • Try to Fix some esotheric load error, where is suddenly  HighLogic.SaveFolder == "DestructiblesTest"

Changes for Modders

• Editor: pressing save on  the Instance Editor will only save the curren instance and not all Files. No longer a few seconds hanging system
  • Facility Editor: the "Save" button will close the window
  • BugFix: KK will now load even when there are no placed model on a planet (hello to all RSS users)
  • Statics no longer need to be in one of the Groups (KSCUprades or KSCRace) to be visible from the SpaceCenter Scene. All Statics and Groups near enought are now visible.
  • BugFix: Repaired errors in LaunchSiteEditor, when no LaunchSite was previous set.
  • BugFix: Deleting an static with an LaunchSite removes also the LaunchSite references.

Internal Changes:

• Code Cleanup 

@msnbcorp & @Drew Kerman could you please try this release and see if you can reproduce your errors. I tried to install a woraround for it, because a proper fix will need a few days, because, I'm not sure if I how extensive I want to make the changes. 

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Saving your current work on placed instance will save only the current instance (and the ones from that .cfg file) That could fix the issues you have from time to time with a complete crashed KK, while editing.

It is also a lot faster, no more a few seconds of hanging screen :-) The save button on the selector window will save all statics and remove will properbly delete deleted object from the files.

@MarcRan17 this is a new build, where I tried to fix most of the issues you found. Guidence Systems might be still not be functional for new bases, so you need to restart KSP for that. 

Edited by Ger_space

On 15.05.2017 at 8:21 PM, Ger_space said:

1. If you are playing in Career Mode, have you opened the stations? You have to some money to make them work. (from the trackingstation)

So, stupid question - are stock additional commnet station disabled in Kerbal Konstucts (I mean Harvester Massiff, etc.) 

Or I can re-enable them  somehow?

5 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

So, stupid question - are stock additional commnet station disabled in Kerbal Konstucts (I mean Harvester Massiff, etc.) 

Or I can re-enable them  somehow?

Yes.  In the KSC you go into the mod settings from the KK button.  The button that mentions CommNet should read 'Enable CommNet stations' or something and have a red cross next to it.  I think this is the case.  It doesnt seem particularly intuitive, just a case of playing with the settings.

Also make sure that you have it enabled in your Save settings.  

Peace.

5 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Yes.  In the KSC you go into the mod settings from the KK button.  The button that mentions CommNet should read 'Enable CommNet stations' or something and have a red cross next to it.

I've tried to switch this option back and forth already. No matter what - only KerbinSide tracking stations are working, but not stock ones...

Also if you click on KK tracking station, the name is not dispalyed correctly - not "JebsRetreat" , but "Tracking Dish Type 11" for example. Using 0.9.9.9c

Edited by evileye.x

4 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

I've tried to switch this option back and forth already. No matter what - only KerbinSide tracking stations are working, but not stock ones...

Also if you click on KK tracking station, the name is not dispalyed correctly - not "JebsRetreat" , but "Tracking Dish Type 11" for example. Using 0.9.9.9c

you need to go back to the main menu after you disabled the setting within kk to get the old stations back.

I look at the names tomorrow. Looks like an oversight from some experimenting I did not rework. 

16 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

you need to go back to the main menu after you disabled the setting within kk to get the old stations back.

Thanks for reply! However, simply going to main menu does not re-enables old stations. 

But then I tried to re-launch the game and it worked.

@Ger_space Thanks for keeping the light on for Kerbal Konstructs. :) It really helps to have airports spread around Kerbin. My airship will be landing at one of the airports in a few game days. I do have a rookie question: if an airport has fuel tanks, how do you use them? My airship is running low on gas and I'd like to fill her up if possible. Thanks again. :)

8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

@Drew Kerman could you please try this release and see if you can reproduce your errors. I tried to install a woraround for it, because a proper fix will need a few days, because, I'm not sure if I how extensive I want to make the changes. 

Works! Could no longer reproduce the error as I used to

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Works! Could no longer reproduce the error as I used to

could I have your logs once again, to check  the debug messages? I just want to se if its really fixed or only not cashing anymore.

Kerbal Contructs ist compatible with KSP 1.3 and doesn't need a recompile. 

I'm moving forward to update all my dev enviroments to 1,3, so old versions of KSP might become unsupported in the future. 

Update:

I tested 1.3 dlls and they work fine on 1.2.2.  I'll continue to support 1.2.2 for some time.

Edited by Ger_space

On 19/05/2017 at 9:15 PM, Ger_space said:

Here is a new test release:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.9

Changes for Players

• CommNet GroundStations should have the same Range as RemoteTech Stations
  • Try to Fix some esotheric load error, where is suddenly  HighLogic.SaveFolder == "DestructiblesTest"

Changes for Modders

• Editor: pressing save on  the Instance Editor will only save the curren instance and not all Files. No longer a few seconds hanging system
  • Facility Editor: the "Save" button will close the window
  • BugFix: KK will now load even when there are no placed model on a planet (hello to all RSS users)
  • Statics no longer need to be in one of the Groups (KSCUprades or KSCRace) to be visible from the SpaceCenter Scene. All Statics and Groups near enought are now visible.
  • BugFix: Repaired errors in LaunchSiteEditor, when no LaunchSite was previous set.
  • BugFix: Deleting an static with an LaunchSite removes also the LaunchSite references.

Internal Changes:

• Code Cleanup 

@msnbcorp & @Drew Kerman could you please try this release and see if you can reproduce your errors. I tried to install a woraround for it, because a proper fix will need a few days, because, I'm not sure if I how extensive I want to make the changes. 

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Saving your current work on placed instance will save only the current instance (and the ones from that .cfg file) That could fix the issues you have from time to time with a complete crashed KK, while editing.

It is also a lot faster, no more a few seconds of hanging screen :-) The save button on the selector window will save all statics and remove will properbly delete deleted object from the files.

@MarcRan17 this is a new build, where I tried to fix most of the issues you found. Guidence Systems might be still not be functional for new bases, so you need to restart KSP for that. 

I'm going to try it ^^.

If you have some time, You should update your spacedock asyour CKAN is connected to Spacedock for versioning it is frozen on 0.9.9.6 :wink:

Edited by msnbcorp