[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

On 7.9.2017 at 4:47 AM, Dgraz22 said:

how's the RSS patch coming along?

I came back yesterday night from a business trip, but I think I found the issue. Some arrays haven't been initialized, when no valid configs have been loaded. 

I'll post an update soon. 

@Dgraz22 & @the_machemer & @Wercho

I made a new release, which should fix the issues you had with KK

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.9.7

Fixes:

* RSS & GPP Should now be playable again, when no custom Launchsite was added via .cfg file.

* for KSP1.3 the recovery at custom bases was broken. now the proper refunding should be done (also it is not properly shown in the popup). The proper way is long broken and I could not fix this, so I had to create a workaround for it.

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Wait, it wasn't working? That's news to me! Lol

If you didn't have any placed statics with any facilities(fueltanks or launchsites), you couldn't play any career game or place new launchsites.

As soon you had at least one static on a planet with an active facility everything was good. I intruduced he bug during the latest beta releases, when I fixed the persistence problems.

@Ger_space, whilst getting the GPP 1.5.0 update prepared I was having trouble with placing statics when the static was moved far away from the active vessel, the camera would fail and the screen would go black. If you moved the static back towards the vessel the camera would come back and would render properly again. Is this a known issue?

2 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@Ger_space, whilst getting the GPP 1.5.0 update prepared I was having trouble with placing statics when the static was moved far away from the active vessel, the camera would fail and the screen would go black. If you moved the static back towards the vessel the camera would come back and would render properly again. Is this a known issue?

not really :rolleyes:

But it it not a totally unexpected behavior, becasue I never tried to think about such a thing, and after some distance the gameobject might get disabled. because it is out of the visiblility range. Then the camera has nothing to set the focus on.

Its really easy to replicate, just launch a pod on the pad and then spawn a static and start moving it at 25 increments away until the camera goes to black. To get round it I just spawned an OP rocket with infinite fuel and no crash damage and flew to where I wanted to place a static.

It seems like a fundamental limitation of KSP's camera though.

18 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Yes, known and very-very old issue... I've seen this since I started using the KK editor.

so after a loooooooong time i decied to repick up my cities mod and with some help from the community finally get the ball rolling, so far i have about 15% of the cities spawned and its really awesome as i keep bumping into them as im flying over kerbin to add more cities, but i have a couple of questions, 1) regarding the map view, is there a way to add a dedicated icon for a city and even maybe a dedicated icon based on the city size ect , 2) also re the map is it possible to add information so that if the item is moused over it can bring up a load of data and information like population, name, quote, mayor ecteventually i hope this might be included in your list of musthave mods for kerbal konstructs  but a man can dream lol, after this batch of cities is placed i begine the really hard work, the placement of the highways and roads between the towns and cities for a truly connected kerbin !

NqU11SY.png

fpObyri.pngm2W3vnf.pngKmvBYUL.pngNSNiqUT.pngCVIluwh.pngH7kZDXr.png8TZBfIn.png

Edited by amankd
FINALLY got dem piccies in lol

14 hours ago, amankd said:

so after a loooooooong time i decied to repick up my cities mod and with some help from the community finally get the ball rolling, so far i have about 15% of the cities spawned and its really awesome as i keep bumping into them as im flying over kerbin to add more cities, but i have a couple of questions, 1) regarding the map view, is there a way to add a dedicated icon for a city and even maybe a dedicated icon based on the city size ect , 2) also re the map is it possible to add information so that if the item is moused over it can bring up a load of data and information like population, name, quote, mayor ecteventually i hope this might be included in your list of musthave mods for kerbal konstructs  but a man can dream lol, after this batch of cities is placed i begine the really hard work, the placement of the highways and roads between the towns and cities for a truly connected kerbin !

NqU11SY.png

Nice to see you back!

A map view icon ( even dynamic ones) are relatively easy (and buff free) to implement.

All I need to do is to create a cities facility with a population attribute. 

(And maybe a city name)

You give one block of each city this facility and set the population and I can show this in the mapview. 

This should work similar like the kside ground stations.

One thing: you need to provide the icons and the population limits for the icons to show up.

I wanted to release a new version of kk this weekend, so after that I can start working on the city icons.

After a long wait, here is the latest official release:

Kerbal Konstructs 1.2

Big Changes:

• New NavUtils Addon by @whale_2: Runways can now create thier own config so they show up in NavUtils. Kerbin-Side will be updated later to make use of it.
  • The persistence handling changed once again, so all LaunchSites and facilities are closed again, but should now stay open for all players, once they are opened again. please use alt+f12 to refund your closed bases.

Changes for players:

• the settings for KK are now migrated to KSP settings system
  • Try to implement a bugfix for the loading problem of facility states, that plaques some players.
  • All windows of KK are now only loaded, when they are accessed for the first time. this should save some RAM
  • BugFix: an empty configuration without any additional runways will no longer crash KSP. This should fix some issues RSS & GPP users had.  (1.1.9.7)
  • Recovery of vessels near a KK base should now result in a proper refund of credits. (BugFix for KSP 1.3) (1.1.9.7)

Changes for modders:

• you can select where the config files for newly placed static go (GameData/NewInstances or GameData/KerbalKonstrucs/NewInstances)
  • You can now switch to the old editor camera mode (in the KK settings). Please don't do this while the KK editor window is open.
  • Models can now use custom shaders. (new setting: useShader = "Name of the Shader") (untested)
  • KK will load and use all shaders, that are in .KSP asset bundles. 
  • BugFix: Setting the group from the statics window will no longer delete all objects in range.
  • BugFix: Editor: The Snap to Terrain button now does what it should do. 
  • BugFix: The Squad KSC models should now produce less errors when loaded, after new instances are placed by KK
  • BugFix: Squad anomalies will now show up more than only once after an restart of KSP
  • BugFix: Make launchSiteEditor work again. (1.1.9.5)
Edited by Ger_space

23 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Nice to see you back!

A map view icon ( even dynamic ones) are relatively easy (and buff free) to implement.

All I need to do is to create a cities facility with a population attribute. 

(And maybe a city name)

You give one block of each city this facility and set the population and I can show this in the mapview. 

This should work similar like the kside ground stations.

One thing: you need to provide the icons and the population limits for the icons to show up.

I wanted to release a new version of kk this weekend, so after that I can start working on the city icons.

Thanks for the update! I'll put togethrr some image icons for you, I look forward to anything you can assist

16 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

Hello

I've been enjoying this mod.  I setup several custom bases on a couple of my kopernicus planets.  I was wondering if it was possible to "recover vessel" when you are not on Kerbin?

this should be possible, if you have setup the bases with a recovery value and range.

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

If you have some logfile I'm happy to look at them. I'll not install 1.3.1-beta anytime soon.

Here it is: https://file.io/2RZh1V

I have many mods installed atm, all up to date (All are 1.3), and after I updated this mod it crashed after it loaded all assets.

Edited by damonvv

On 15.09.2017 at 10:16 PM, Ger_space said:

is the current editor range about 25km? I think this could be the current default visibility range, when the object is spawned.

Yes, ~25 km,  I already agreed to get along with this.

I just want ask to a bit change: may you please to do in Editor window the button "delete" some smalled and place it far from button "save"? :)

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

looks like the crash happended in the new config system. Squad did some changes there for the localization *again* :huh:

Old version works atm, take your time to fix it well after the official release, no pressure :wink: