Jump to content

[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

This are basic KSP code, as I don't add them directly. people wanted destructable buildings and this is what happens when you get it. The performance impact should be neglectable and only visible on a scene switch. 

Ok, thanks for your reply. I thought this was probably the case and did not mean to "blame" KK as such. It seems like the way that KSP handles destructible buildings is appropriate when there are only a couple of dozen total at KSC, but perhaps starts to become problematic when there are many hundreds of them across dozens of space centers and airports, as there are in JNSQ. 

The scene change load time is actually a potential concern for me as I run lots of simultaneous missions around Kerbin and its moons, so I am switching between scenes frequently. There's also a lag time associated with loading saves as KSP has to parse every sfs file to generate corresponding loadmeta files. But I recognize this all adds up to a corner case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Folkhoer said:

Is their a way to change the grass colour

Go to the Lua base in flight mode park somewhere safe and use CTL-K to edit the Kerbal Constructs settings.

  1. Choose the item you want to change from Local Instances (example Hex Vehicle Spawn )
  2. Choose the GrasColor preset or edit
  3. The Preset lets you load settings for various biomes or worlds
  4. The Edit lets you pick the current surface color to match where you are, or you can set the colour options to your own liking. You also have the option of loading a separate texture file for the grass if you have one.
  5. Once you've made your changes remember to save.

BLxtkvf.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this has probably been asked a few times, just seeing if I could get a quick answer, sorry. I'm wondering if it's possible to customize Kennedy Space Center in an RP-1 save to use throughout my career? Create custom sites for use in RP-1 career?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, BuckStickly said:

I'm sure this has probably been asked a few times, just seeing if I could get a quick answer, sorry. I'm wondering if it's possible to customize Kennedy Space Center in an RP-1 save to use throughout my career? Create custom sites for use in RP-1 career?

I'm not exactly understanding your question but I'll try.

You can create a spawn point and set it to be a launchsite. Enter the scene and press CTRL+K. Spawn New, search title for 'spawn',  click to create it, choose visible or invisible, snap to terrain, adjust as needed, click Edit Launchsite, save, save, close.

 

Just don't put them too close to each other or it gets confused.

Edited by ElonsMusk
clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 11:52 AM, ElonsMusk said:

I'm not exactly understanding your question but I'll try.

You can create a spawn point and set it to be a launchsite. Enter the scene and press CTRL+K. Spawn New, search title for 'spawn',  click to create it, choose visible or invisible, snap to terrain, adjust as needed, click Edit Launchsite, save, save, close.

 

Just don't put them too close to each other or it gets confused.

Just wondering if you could customize sites in RP-1 career mode. I'm also wondering if there is a location that shows the best static packs, or if the main ones mentioned are really the only ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but when I place new buildings, are they linked to an existing space center or can I have a new space center that I can switch to using KSC switcher?

So far, I have a lovely launch site, but I can't launch anything from it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

I can't launch anything from it...

Did you define the static as a launch site? If so, it should be available in the stock launcher drop down if the base is "open". You should also be able to set it as the launch site from the KK icon in either the VAB or the SPH.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but when I place new buildings, are they linked to an existing space center or can I have a new space center that I can switch to using KSC switcher?

So far, I have a lovely launch site, but I can't launch anything from it...

There is a setting called like, retain focus point or something in the K&K settings. That will, when you return to space center, return you to focus on the last site you launched from. Additionally, the dropdown menu from stock DLC functions for all opened sites. In my experience this is... not perfect, but it could be kraken.

As for a launchsite. In the static's menu while looking at it, there is a Make Launchsite button to open the window to actually create the launchsite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Did you define the static as a launch site? If so, it should be available in the stock launcher drop down if the base is "open". You should also be able to set it as the launch site from the KK icon in either the VAB or the SPH.

 

Thanks guys for the answers. I had already set the statics as launch pads and runways, but when I try and pick them from the VAB, they are red and 'closed'. I don't know how to 'open' them! Is this a KSP thing or a KK thing?

Thanks again! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

I don't know how to 'open' them!

You can open them by clicking on the KK menu in either the VAB of the SPH. Select the base from the Launch Site Manager and then you can open a "red" base by clicking the button on the Base Manager and paying the cost.  You can also close an open base if you no longer wish to use it.

You can also set the launchsite from the base manager as well.

3CCnLgs.png

Edited by Caerfinon
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You can open them by clicking on the KK menu in either the VAB of the SPH. Select the base from the Launch Site Manager and then you can open a "red" base by clicking the button on the Base Manager and paying the cost.  You can also close an open base if you no longer wish to use it.

You can also set the launchsite from the base manager as well.

Yes! That was the missing piece

Many thanks for the tip, I am in Boca Chica heaven ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to have groups and instances of statics sperate per savegame rather than being global and shared between games? KK settings point to a folder holding the instance database but I assume this setting is also global and there is no way of having a different value in each savegame?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ktosiu said:

there is no way of having a different value in each savegame?

This is correct.

If you want separate instances then the easiest method is to have different game installs and then specific Kerbal Konstructs set ups for each separate game. CKAN can manage each install for mods required.

Alternatively you could gather all you Kerbal Konstructs into separate save directories that are specific to your save games in a single KSP instance and then copy them into your GameData folder before you start KSP. This is way more complex and a lot of manual tinkering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

This is correct.

However, a layman's cursory glance over the code reveals the following in KerbalKonstructs.cs:

internal static string newInstancePath { get { return HighLogic.CurrentGame.Parameters.CustomParams<KKCustomParameters1>().newInstancePath; } set { HighLogic.CurrentGame.Parameters.CustomParams<KKCustomParameters1>().newInstancePath = value; } }

Perhaps it is only a matter of appending HighLogic.GameSaveFolder to the path to have separate instances tied to each savegame? Looks straightforward enough but there might be more to it than it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to open the Airship Hangar? The interior has such nice modelling, but I cannot find a way to access it.. I assume it isn't complete unless I am missing something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ElonsMusk said:

Is there a way to open the Airship Hangar? The interior has such nice modelling, but I cannot find a way to access it.. I assume it isn't complete unless I am missing something.

There should be some yellow electrical boxes on the sides of KSR’s airship hangar. Four of them are buttons, they should glow a bit when you hover your cursor over them. Click one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 11:35 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

There should be some yellow electrical boxes on the sides of KSR’s airship hangar. Four of them are buttons, they should glow a bit when you hover your cursor over them. Click one.

Amazing... Thank you so much. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I encountered "cannot roll out craft, clear the way first" despite the way being clear. In fact nothing has changed in the scene since the vessels were stored. Am I making a mistake somehow?

Spoiler

2021-04-03-20-56-56-Window.png

 

Spoiler

2021-04-03-21-03-01-Window.png

yellow is where the crafts were stored from, ish. farthest was moved slightly closer. red marks where kerbal stands in above pic.

 

Edited by ElonsMusk
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, ElonsMusk said:

I encountered "cannot roll out craft, clear the way first" despite the way being clear. In fact nothing has changed in the scene since the vessels were stored. Am I making a mistake somehow?

  Hide contents

2021-04-03-20-56-56-Window.png

 

  Hide contents

2021-04-03-21-03-01-Window.png

yellow is where the crafts were stored from, ish. farthest was moved slightly closer. red marks where kerbal stands in above pic.

 

You'll get that message if any other vessel (including debris) is within 260m of the hangar. In your last pic, those objects look like they might be inside the 260m limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, panarchist said:

You'll get that message if any other vessel (including debris) is within 260m of the hangar. In your last pic, those objects look like they might be inside the 260m limit.

260m, got it. Thank you. I will give this a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this error:

[ERR 20:55:16.215] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.get_enableRT () [0x0000c] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.ConnectionManager.DetachGroundStation (KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance instance) [0x00012] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.GroundStation.SetClosed () [0x00006] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.KKFacility.ResetToDefaultState () [0x0001b] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.ResetFacilitiesOpenState () [0x0002b] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnLevelWasLoad (GameScenes data) [0x00201] in <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

[EXC 20:55:16.216] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.get_enableRT () (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	KerbalKonstructs.Modules.ConnectionManager.DetachGroundStation (KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance instance) (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	KerbalKonstructs.Modules.GroundStation.SetClosed () (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	KerbalKonstructs.Modules.KKFacility.ResetToDefaultState () (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.ResetFacilitiesOpenState () (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnLevelWasLoad (GameScenes data) (at <d148da5d5d9249218e63843d11b290e5>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
	<FireLoadedEvent>d__46:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0kmcb5gqugxlqp/KSP.log?dl=0

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John007qwe said:

Got this error:

You seem to be missing elements for the TCS site from KSCExtended Mod

[LOG 20:55:16.209] KK: [GroupCenter] SetInstancesEnabled: Setting Group TSC: active state form: True to: False
[ERR 20:55:16.215] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You have quite a lot of exceptions from all kinds of mods.
You should do a steam file integrity check and see if any files are missing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...