[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

2 hours ago, Sebas-chan said:

Why does when I press ctrl+k nothing happens

I’ve seen this happen sometimes when something fails during KerbalKonstructs loading. I never definitively tracked the culprit, but I have noticed the issue when KittopiaTech (Kopernicus) or KSC Switcher  (RSS) is installed.

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

uhmm... how you can have them as a accident? they come from an internal debug menue. I fear you have to manually edit the savegame.

mod not installed? you are not in in flight mode? (inside the KSC nothing will happen)

Ye I just realised that

How do I set the KSC camera angle? Ever since I added a new statics group (HIF, crawlerways and a launchpad) the KSC menu camera focuses on the new launchpad, which leaves the rest of the space center out of view. I managed to change the SC camera angle to somewhat mitigate the problem, but can I change the point of focus?

7 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

How do I set the KSC camera angle? Ever since I added a new statics group (HIF, crawlerways and a launchpad) the KSC menu camera focuses on the new launchpad, which leaves the rest of the space center out of view. I managed to change the SC camera angle to somewhat mitigate the problem, but can I change the point of focus?

You can disable the focus on last launchpad in the game settings.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, Ger_space said:

this is working as intended. You write / alter .cfg files, this means mm will to a full rescan. This will be always like this. If you edit much, you need a slim installation with only a few mods. 

I tried starting/exiting KSP without changing any KK... stuff, and the ModuleManager still complains about a changed cache.

I went and checked the log, and this was the result:

[LOG 15:18:26.003] [ModuleManager] Checking Cache
[LOG 15:19:25.671] [ModuleManager] SHA generated in 59.548s
[LOG 15:19:25.672] [ModuleManager]       SHA = CA-D6-05-7F-25-40-1E-76-C0-28-B7-6A-48-BE-AD-FC-88-50-2C-F3-91-92-31-AA-58-38-D0-B5-71-02-55-5B
[LOG 15:19:26.475] [ModuleManager] Changes :
Added   : KerbalKonstructs/FreeStatics/KKflagDemo/AutoGrasDemo .cfg
Deleted : KerbalKonstructs/FreeStatics/KKflagDemo/AutoGrasDemo.cfg

That "AutoGrasDemo .cfg" file will ALWAYS change between startups, meaning MM won't ever be able to cache the patches. Is this working as intended?

3 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

I tried starting/exiting KSP without changing any KK... stuff, and the ModuleManager still complains about a changed cache.

I went and checked the log, and this was the result:

[LOG 15:18:26.003] [ModuleManager] Checking Cache
[LOG 15:19:25.671] [ModuleManager] SHA generated in 59.548s
[LOG 15:19:25.672] [ModuleManager]       SHA = CA-D6-05-7F-25-40-1E-76-C0-28-B7-6A-48-BE-AD-FC-88-50-2C-F3-91-92-31-AA-58-38-D0-B5-71-02-55-5B
[LOG 15:19:26.475] [ModuleManager] Changes :
Added   : KerbalKonstructs/FreeStatics/KKflagDemo/AutoGrasDemo .cfg
Deleted : KerbalKonstructs/FreeStatics/KKflagDemo/AutoGrasDemo.cfg

That "AutoGrasDemo .cfg" file will ALWAYS change between startups, meaning MM won't ever be able to cache the patches. Is this working as intended?

There is a whitespace in the filename, remove that, or delete the file when you have one with the correct name on that folder.

That's a bug in mm that got triggered by kk.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:18 AM, Ger_space said:

Everywhere, where you place a uniform mapdecal.

That is why I implemented it.

Read the ist few pages, then you will know how to set them up.

I'm also confused about how to use the map decals.  I looked through the first fiveish pages of the thread but I'm still lost. 

Can someone point m in the right direction? 

@Ger_space, I just started playing around with Kerbal Konstructs and @Omega482's Stockalike Structures, and I'm having a real ball of a time.

Are you still planning on allowing players to reposition existing vanilla KSC buildings? I recall that you last mentioned something to this effect as recently as November 2018.

My particular use case is that I want to move the original Launchpad further away from the VAB, so that I can insert additional OSS NTR crawlerway track junctions and segments leading to new launchpads.

I know that many players typically work around this by simply setting up a new VAB off to the side and building an entirely new space center around it, but I would prefer to keep most (if not all) of the original KSC complex as the centerpiece of my own redesign.

1 hour ago, sumghai said:

@Ger_space, I just started playing around with Kerbal Konstructs and @Omega482's Stockalike Structures, and I'm having a real ball of a time.

Are you still planning on allowing players to reposition existing vanilla KSC buildings? I recall that you last mentioned something to this effect as recently as November 2018.

My particular use case is that I want to move the original Launchpad further away from the VAB, so that I can insert additional OSS NTR crawlerway track junctions and segments leading to new launchpads.

I know that many players typically work around this by simply setting up a new VAB off to the side and building an entirely new space center around it, but I would prefer to keep most (if not all) of the original KSC complex as the centerpiece of my own redesign.

There are currently no plans to add such a feature as it is quite inconvenient for me to programm an interface for it.

I'll keep it in mind, but it's basically a standalone mod.

maybe I'll add such a mod in the future as an add-on to kk.

Currently I'm planning on a 2.0 release with will bring some game play changes and not so many modding changes.

I tried adding a second runway to KSC but now I'm having trouble removing it.

• removed the instance in the KK editor, it kept reappearing
  • removed the .cfg in GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances, it kept reappearing
  • removed the Launchsite entry in the .sfs save file, still keeps reappearing

I couldn't find where that second runway is still coming from, can you help me get rid of it?

• KerbalKonstructs 1.3.9.14
  • KSP_x64 1.3.1.1891
  • RO 12.5.0
  • RP-1 1.00

Hey @Ger_space I was recently running an air race on the latest KK. I had to update the config files as somewhere along the way the files lost some info needed for air races specifically the FacilityType varible.

What I am posting here for is currently the statics for the air race by KSC are set around 2 group centers KSCRace for land based statics  and KSCRace_0 for the ones on the water. Normally not ever an issue, but for whatever reason air races require all the gate statics be in the same group otherwise the race skips to the end bypassing any gates not in the first group. Hope you can either put them in one group or  change the way the code works so it can find gates outside the first group. Thanks!

15 hours ago, cami said:

I tried adding a second runway to KSC but now I'm having trouble removing it.

• removed the instance in the KK editor, it kept reappearing
  • removed the .cfg in GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances, it kept reappearing
  • removed the Launchsite entry in the .sfs save file, still keeps reappearing

I couldn't find where that second runway is still coming from, can you help me get rid of it?

• KerbalKonstructs 1.3.9.14
  • KSP_x64 1.3.1.1891
  • RO 12.5.0
  • RP-1 1.00

did you press the "save all" button in the main editor window after you deleted the runway in the instance editor? 

14 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Hey @Ger_space I was recently running an air race on the latest KK. I had to update the config files as somewhere along the way the files lost some info needed for air races specifically the FacilityType varible.

What I am posting here for is currently the statics for the air race by KSC are set around 2 group centers KSCRace for land based statics  and KSCRace_0 for the ones on the water. Normally not ever an issue, but for whatever reason air races require all the gate statics be in the same group otherwise the race skips to the end bypassing any gates not in the first group. Hope you can either put them in one group or  change the way the code works so it can find gates outside the first group. Thanks!

that the gates are scattered shouldn't be a problem, but I need to rework that piece anyway. The code is not very efficient and as you noted it's not possible to put that into a editor. I'll to some rework passes on the gameplay mechanics in the next weeks. I'll put this to it. 

14 hours ago, BaelRathLian said:

Is there something I am missing?  I have Konstructs installed and then put in the WaterLaunch, but NO WATER ANYTHING.  Thought I S.N.A.F.U.'ed so deleted and re-installed.  Same thing.  Nada.  

yes:

reading this: 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Ger_space said:

did you press the "save all" button in the main editor window after you deleted the runway in the instance editor?

I don't think so. Thank you for the hint! That kind of double-save is unusual. I'm not going to test that just yet, as  that runway is gone now.

59 minutes ago, cami said:

I don't think so. Thank you for the hint! That kind of double-save is unusual. I'm not going to test that just yet, as  that runway is gone now.

sadly it's neccesary and the save button turns orange if there are unsaved changes. For some historic reasons deleting means writing all files new and this makes your computer hanging. You don't want that every time you delete a static.

So as noone complained about the latest Test-build, I'm now officially release it.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.0.1

Changes

• rework the spawn and despawn logic once more: now all buildings are only spawned when they are within the visiblility range. they are despawned when going out of range and not only disabled. This should reduce the memory consumpion of setups with many statics.
  • Anomalies will no longer show up with _PQS on the SCANSat scanners

###mostly for modders

• groups are saved by thier coodinates and not some magic vector.
  • group use in thier config now a "heading from north" for thier rotations and no longer a internal rotation value.
  • editor: you can enter some of the values of the groupeditor directly
  • editor: Selecting the same group two times in a row will no longer lose the focus of the camera.
  • editor the exports are now written in directories with the timestamp.

4 hours ago, Ger_space said:
  • groups are saved by thier coodinates and not some magic vector.
  • group use in thier config now a "heading from north" for thier rotations and no longer a internal rotation value.

Awesome!

Hello

First wanna say, I like this mod, really great!

But i have a question which search did not provide any answer.

Any way to make placing buildings cost money, for realism in career mode?

Like optional for people how feel guilty placing stuff around for free :)

Simply, a button in the editor window you click and it reduces money for set amount defined in the config.
If nothing is set then something like 50k as default.

5 hours ago, Animasola said:

Hello

First wanna say, I like this mod, really great!

But i have a question which search did not provide any answer.

Any way to make placing buildings cost money, for realism in career mode?

Like optional for people how feel guilty placing stuff around for free :)

Simply, a button in the editor window you click and it reduces money for set amount defined in the config.
If nothing is set then something like 50k as default.

there are some challenges, like: 

1. The Buildings which are places by the editor are persistent between savegames. This is only a tool for modders. 
2. Balancing: I am really bad at this. What is a building worth? I  don't know. When a Rocket costs 20k, then a airbase cannot cost much more... I don't know what is considered "fun". I would rather use resources than plain money. 
3. there is a API for savegame only buildings, but only one modder picked it up (Pathfinder) 

My current ToDo:

1. Rework the current featureset of the editor into a less resource hungry UI system and less screen clutter
  2. fix some GamePlay elements UI, because the option "you can only open bases when you are near" is hard to play 
  3. new feature: Upgradeable Buildings
  4. new feature: Multiple SpawnPoints for one LaunchSite
  5. Rework: Hangars, Research & Office mechanics
  6. Fix/Rework the AirRace. Currently you cannot create new ones and maybe the current ones could be broken.
  7. Rework: Navigation and landing aid systems. 
  8. better integration into the MH expansion features.

And this is just the current list of things that I consider I that could and should be done. I do work at a full time job, so my time modding each day is limited, and many of this needs new UI, so its going to be very slow progress.