[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

I've been having some trouble with this in 1.7.3 with Kerbin Side Remastered and OSSNTR as well as Tundra's Space Center. When I build my statics (launchpads, VABs, tracking stations) and restart my game, they all get rotated by about 15 degrees. I change the groups to be back at 0 degrees and they are fixed, and I always save after this, but it happens every time. Another problem, my launchpads and runways will not work. I select the launchpad I want to use while in the VAB and I click Launch and I just go into the "Space Center" view but it's centered on the selected launchpad. Any help? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

@LanderDude I don't know of a guide, but expect the shortcut (RIGHT_CTRL + K) I find it pretty self explanatory.

15 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Dumb question in what context would I bet hitting RIGHT_CTROL+K, I have tried in the VAB, main screen and map.... but nothing.... any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm still working every day several hours on the update. I had some progress and it's looking on track right now. There are still a issue with the existing bases that use the original KSC buildings, (because Squad changed several texturs and shaders, which messed up all color settings for custom bases). I guess there will be a full release Sunday or early next week. 

7 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I'm still working every day several hours on the update. I had some progress and it's looking on track right now. There are still a issue with the existing bases that use the original KSC buildings, (because Squad changed several texturs and shaders, which messed up all color settings for custom bases). I guess there will be a full release Sunday or early next week. 

Tremendous respect and appreciation!  KK / Kerbinside has been one of my most-loved mod bits of KSP, and your continuance of it is fantastic.

Here is something to test for everyone. The grass editor is not 100% finished, but for normal gameplay it should work now:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.8.1.1

GamePlay

• Hidden bases are now discovered, when you come closer than 5000m. After that you can see them in the Map and LaunchSite Selection list.
  • Added a toggle in the GameSettings, so you can unhide hidden bases

Bugfixes:

• Port to KSP 1.8.X: Older Releases are not working anymore
  • GroupCenter: Fixed the orientation of bases, so they don't end up turned
  • Fixed some performance issues, that where intoduced several releases ago

for Modders

• new GrassColor editor with new features. (Blend masks, texture blending)
  • new Color presets
  • You can define favorites for your own textures, so you can select them in the GrassColorEditor
  • This mod can now load and apply custom shaders. If you need something special, please let me know.

Here is a new Release: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.8.1.2

GamePlay

• Hidden bases are now discovered, when you come closer than 5000m. After that you can see them in the Map and LaunchSite Selection list.
  • Added a toggle in the GameSettings, so you can unhide hidden bases
  • Buildings with colored grass got thier grass textures non-repeating tiled. This makes them a bit nicer to look at.

Bugfixes:

• Port to KSP 1.8.X: Older Releases are not working anymore
  • GroupCenter: Fixed the orientation of bases, so they don't end up turned
  • Fixed some performance issues, that where intoduced several releases ago
  • Fixed some error in PQS Surface color calculations.

for Modders

• Colors are now automatically converted to the new Grass-color format.
  • new GrassColor editor with new features. (Blend masks, texture blending)
  • new Color presets
  • You can define favorites for your own textures, so you can select them in the GrassColorEditor
  • This mod can now load and apply custom shaders. If you need something special, please let me know.
  • Statics are no longer colored, when the grass editor is open, so you can really see what you get
  • you can change the way how the grasscolor is sampled in the game settings.

Some documentation to the new GrassColor System: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/StaticModule:-GrassColor2

Hi @Ger_space, thanks for maintaining this mod! I have a small problem though. When creating a new group to place statics, the heading is set to 15 degrees by default. Is there anything I can do to make this 0 degrees?

also map decals aren’t working for me

Edited by Emilius73

4 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

Hi @Ger_space, thanks for maintaining this mod! I have a small problem though. When creating a new group to place statics, the heading is set to 15 degrees by default. Is there anything I can do to make this 0 degrees?

also map decals aren’t working for me

The rotation is set to internally 0. That translates depending on the location to a heading of 15 degree. 

Mapdecals need a minimum size. Before that they are not doing anything. That is something I cannot change, this is how ksp works. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sokol_323 said:

KSP AVC reports version 1.8.1.6. But such nowhere there is no. How's that?

Thanks for the report: I will fix that.

There are sometimes test releases I distribute to friends, that don't make a public release, because they contain unfinished or barely tested code. 
The build process updated the .version file and then, by accident, I publish that to github.
Then AVC sees it and complains about a update. Releasing the last update makes no sense for everyone, because the changes are currently only interesting to a few modders, who want to update some bases. But before they are finished, there will be a new release of KK, so everything plays nicely together. 

whats the OLDEST version of this mod existing on the interwebz? ive recently found a version of my game with a bunch of my old mods with kerbal konstructs under the sub folder of medsouz, id like to see if i can persuade the old KK to import my new modes, and iod like to make sure i havbe a fucntioning version :-)

8 hours ago, amankd said:

whats the OLDEST version of this mod existing on the interwebz? ive recently found a version of my game with a bunch of my old mods with kerbal konstructs under the sub folder of medsouz, id like to see if i can persuade the old KK to import my new modes, and iod like to make sure i havbe a fucntioning version :-)

I don't know that. I took over by accident when KSP 1.2 was released. But in the beginning it was called Kerbin-City. 

17 hours ago, amankd said:

Medsouz's last version is here: https://github.com/medsouz/Kerbal-Konstructs

After that, Alpha Ash took it over, for KSP versions above 0.90.

best of luck updating - I'm sure you know this, but be sure to back that save up before messing with it. There's still a lot of 0.24 and 0.90 mod versions out there, so you have a decent chance of getting things up and running on the older versions of KSP - there was a major breaking change somewhere between 1.0.5 and 1.3.x that may cause major havoc if you want to do updates all the way to 1.7.3 or 1.8.1.

10 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I don't know that. I took over by accident when KSP 1.2 was released. But in the beginning it was called Kerbin-City. 

kerbtown

Kerbin City was the community project of static content for kerbtown.

Btw, Kerbin City already working in my 1.8.1 with new KK, so new Kerbin City patch coming soon.

Edited by Aerospacer
add

Hello, @Ger_space , can you help me with new KK tweaks?

In new version color of some Kerbin City's grass textures was changed to more dark. You wrote about the grass editor, but I could not find it and figure out how to adjust the texture colors.

Now grass looks like this: 

Spoiler

qo9Xwua.png

BtInaoD.png

In some places I look pitches with strange lighting, and it seems unnatural:

fwNlvk5.png