[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

which version of kk are you using? Latest official or the pre release? 

I really hate this bug... Because I don't know why this happens. 

This was happening to me only with your KerbinSide new release.  That was just after your update with the Squad assets. I had the KerbinSide mod but removed all its statics but noticed only when I was place a new runway. I just removed KerbinSide and the same save resolved itself.  It hasn't happened since But I'm not doing a lot currently with KK as I'm trying to finish a good BETA of my current project.

10 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

This was happening to me only with your KerbinSide new release.  That was just after your update with the Squad assets. I had the KerbinSide mod but removed all its statics but noticed only when I was place a new runway. I just removed KerbinSide and the same save resolved itself.  It hasn't happened since But I'm not doing a lot currently with KK as I'm trying to finish a good BETA of my current project.

@theonegalen Thanks for the BugReport, I found hte cause of this: Everytime a game was loaded before a new game was created the levels had been set to 3. Why I need to manually set the facilities to level 0 on a new game, remains a a secret to me.

Expect a new beta release anytime soon. But this release will break existing states of KK (open facilites and stored content) I changed the savegame format, to support some new features in the future.

Hi everyone,

By elimination during several hours, i can confirm that EVE(stock) + Kerbal Konstruct have a problem during loading with those two mods ALONE. that don't seems to appear without EVE.

It seems that Konstruct just doesn't work when I quit my game and reload. All structure here disappear.

The log with only this two mod :

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/183a06a3ab32e953ec837d25b4fb18d6/KSP.log

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/6a398f9860bbe80993190cc55ec0ccca/output_log.txt

Well, we have tracking the bug on EVE topic here :

With some help i manage to find that the bug exist is due to a bad interection in the last EVE version. It implies shadow managing.

The error in log doesn't disappear in the last pre-release version BUT the error in game in practice disappear.

So well , i have posted my logs with the release and pre-release versions on the EVE tocpi if you want. And in the interval i recommend to everybody to transfert to pre-release version or Konstruct...

A new Beta Release is now online

Warning: This Release will reset all states Open/Close States of KK Facilities&Launchsites in you current Career Game

Second Warning: Backup your statics, befor you edit them. While KK does't eat my configs anymore, I cannot assure it will not do so. 

you can get it here:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.8

Changes for Players

• BugFix: facilities are no longer max level on new career games, after returning to the MainMenue

Changes for Modders

• Editor: The "Select an Object with the Mouse Key" was changed from "left-shift" to "Tab" because shift is the throttle.
  • Editor: the heading can now be adjusted a bit more granually
  • Editor: The Static List now includes the "number of instances of the same model in the group"
  • New ConfigFile Format: KK will convert all legacy cfg.files to the new format and remove unused settings. Documentation is here: Config File Documentation

Boring internal Changes

• Replaced the Config-Parser. The new one is a bit faster on load.
  • Reworked the last base Class. This should improve the framerate a bit. 
  • more errors will now show up at compile time and not when running... this should result in less bugs. 
  • created the foundation for more interesting features. 

@Aerospacer I made the editor count the number of instances of one model in a Group. I hope this is what you wanted. 

mWoG29g.png

14 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

@Aerospacer I made the editor count the number of instances of one model in a Group. I hope this is what you wanted. 

Yes, It really helpful, Thanks :)

Also, a question: how difference between Alt. and Down / Up ?

Edited by Aerospacer
add Q

7 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Yes, It really helpful, Thanks :)

Also, a question: how difference between Alt. and Down / Up ?

Alt is realative to the body and up down relative to the static (among the green vector). When the orientation of the static is not upright, then there is a difference.

Edited by Ger_space
clarification

Can anyone recreate an issue I've noticed with the latest release (not beta) where if you launch a craft to a base, return to space center, launch another craft to the base the entire base doesn't load? But the craft still sits above the terrain like its on a surface. If I then go to the space center and then back to the craft everything is fine

11 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Can anyone recreate an issue I've noticed with the latest release (not beta) where if you launch a craft to a base, return to space center, launch another craft to the base the entire base doesn't load? But the craft still sits above the terrain like its on a surface. If I then go to the space center and then back to the craft everything is fine

yould you please upload the logfiles somewhere, I have no Idea how such a bug could happen. I hope there are some expetions in there, where I can see it.

I think I have a bug with this mod. I have installed KK and KS, but im not able to see any of the bases, nor add new bases. When I hit the KK icon, it shows a blank box. I havent used this mod before, so Im a little lost. Does anybody know have the same problem, or am I simply using the mod wrong? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3g92jok74ou1thx/AABtQYCUvc-9Cduh4-DuKVjma?dl=0

8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

yould you please upload the logfiles somewhere, I have no Idea how such a bug could happen. I hope there are some expetions in there, where I can see it.

Sure, here you go. I started the game, launched from the SPH and it put me on the runway at KSC instead, which was weird cause that's never happened before so I reverted to the hangar and launched again and it placed me at my base, then I returned to space center launched again from the SPH and no statics were visible. There were indeed some NREs getting tossed. Here also is my base.

9 hours ago, GUD said:

I think I have a bug with this mod. I have installed KK and KS, but im not able to see any of the bases, nor add new bases. When I hit the KK icon, it shows a blank box. I havent used this mod before, so Im a little lost. Does anybody know have the same problem, or am I simply using the mod wrong? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3g92jok74ou1thx/AABtQYCUvc-9Cduh4-DuKVjma?dl=0

could you please upload your ksp logfiles? KSP.log and output_log.txt ? I can look there what went wrong. You can also try one of the later test releases of KK. 

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Sure, here you go. I started the game, launched from the SPH and it put me on the runway at KSC instead, which was weird cause that's never happened before so I reverted to the hangar and launched again and it placed me at my base, then I returned to space center launched again from the SPH and no statics were visible. There were indeed some NREs getting tossed. Here also is my base.

looks like you are not the only one @msnbcorp .   looks like the problem orrors, when KK tries to access the too early before all variables are setup right. I have no Idea why this happens to you, but I look what kind of black magic I need to fix that, because Unity3d allows not threads and microsleeps, only stupid coroutines. 

well, thankfully in the meantime it doesn't appear to cause any serious harm. Just a quick hop out to the space center and reload to the craft and it's all fine. I have had game crashes lately but none that I would attribute to this

Edited by Drew Kerman

Hey all. Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already, or If i'm just being an idiot, but I have yet to figure this out and it's taken up a good three hours of my day today.

I'm trying to figure out how to add new launch sites. I thought I understood what I was doing, and I'm still not sure I don't. 

I place a static, give it a name, make it a launch site, select VAB and Rocket Pad, and then save the instance. And to be doubly sure I hit save in the top right corner of the instance browser. I can then see the new launch site in the map, and I can launch there just fine, but when I quit the game, and restart it, the statics I've added are all gone. Why aren't they permanent? Has it got anything to do with playing in Career mode? Are there any mods that people have seen conflict with KK? I'm really not sure what is causing this and/or what I'm missing.

4 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

Hey all. Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already, or If i'm just being an idiot, but I have yet to figure this out and it's taken up a good three hours of my day today.

I'm trying to figure out how to add new launch sites. I thought I understood what I was doing, and I'm still not sure I don't. 

I place a static, give it a name, make it a launch site, select VAB and Rocket Pad, and then save the instance. And to be doubly sure I hit save in the top right corner of the instance browser. I can then see the new launch site in the map, and I can launch there just fine, but when I quit the game, and restart it, the statics I've added are all gone. Why aren't they permanent? Has it got anything to do with playing in Career mode? Are there any mods that people have seen conflict with KK? I'm really not sure what is causing this and/or what I'm missing.

that sould be permament. dou you have cfg-files in the GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances folders? which TimeStamp have they?

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

dou you have cfg-files in the GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances folders?

I don't I'm afraid. There is nothing there. Maybe if I look after placing a new instance, but before restarting?

4 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

I don't I'm afraid. There is nothing there. Maybe if I look after placing a new instance, but before restarting?

Which KK version are you using? Have you hit the save button?

Could you plwase upload your KSP logfiles?

Edited by Ger_space

Which KK version are you using?

"VERSION":
	{
		"MAJOR":0,
		"MINOR":9,
		"PATCH":9,
		"BUILD":6
	},

Just tried saving a new instance, and checked the new instances folder immediately after saving. No sign of anything in that folder unfortunately. I haven't retarded the game yet.
Thanks for your continued help!

6 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

"VERSION":
	{
		"MAJOR":0,
		"MINOR":9,
		"PATCH":9,
		"BUILD":6
	},

Just tried saving a new instance, and checked the new instances folder immediately after saving. No sign of anything in that folder unfortunately. I haven't retarded the game yet.
Thanks for your continued help!

could you please try this release? (will break career saves, regarding Open/Close State of facilitoes. not research, active vessels etc...)

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.9 

could you please try this release?

Will do. I'll report back in about 5-10 minutes. I'm not too worried about losing the open/close funds if that's all that will be lost. I'll back up the save though, just in case. 

Okay, so tried the version you gave me. It's better, but still not 100% right. I created a new instance, saved it, checked newInstances folder and there WAS something there this time. However, I was unable to make the runway that I placed into a new Launch Site. Pressing the Make Launchsite button didn't do anything. Good news though is that the runway is still there after a reboot though, so that problem appears to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

Okay, so tried the version you gave me. It's better, but still not 100% right. I created a new instance, saved it, checked newInstances folder and there WAS something there this time. However, I was unable to make the runway that I placed into a new Launch Site. Pressing the Make Launchsite button didn't do anything. Good news though is that the runway is still there after a reboot though, so that problem appears to be fixed.

OK, time for an bugfix :rolleyes: