Craft files with locked / invalid parts

I've been working on importing some old craft files from 1.1.3 into 1.2. Unfortunately many of these crafts used a fuel tank from the SSTU mod pack that has since been removed from the mod (MFT-B for those familiar with the mod). It wasn't a major issue as the mod has an identical part with a slightly different name (MFT-A) so i was able to use notepad++ to replace all instances of the old fuel tank with the new fuel tank.

It worked perfectly in that I can load and edit the craft file without any issues, however KSP still displays the 'contains locked or invalid parts' message in the load menu. It's not a game breaker of an issue, more of a minor inconvenience, but I'd like to remove the message. Any ideas what's causing it / how i can remove it?

Here is an example craft file giving the message.

Any help much appreciated.

@Qwarkk Did you try to launch the edited craft? Maybe it has parts which are actually locked, assuming you're playing career. The game usually removes the message of invalid parts if you save the craft and all used parts are unlocked in the tree.

The check for valid/invalid/locked/unlocked parts happens right when you open the craft load window. The game goes through every craft file and checks for all parts. If you have problems with missing parts the game writes that in the log. You can also see the errors in craft preloading if you enable the "Show All Log Errors" and "Show All Log Exceptions" in the Alt+F12 Console>Debugging menu. The listed errors disappear quickly, so take a screenshot.

Edited by Enceos

Fixed the issue - wasn't SSTU after all. Another mod had changed a part's required tech level to un-researchable and this was causing the message. I've had to load and manually replace these parts for each craft file, which removes the message.

Appreciate your help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.