KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2016 at 4:38 PM, purpleivan said:

After a few months away from the game, I made a new image based on a screenshot, in this case the old "Mun of Bust" front-end of the game.

8BSNcrF.jpg

Is that an edited Apollo image, or are you just really good at rocks?

8 hours ago, cubinator said:

Is that an edited Apollo image, or are you just really good at rocks?

The near terrain is five Apollo photos stitched together then colour adjusted to match.

Drawing rocks sounds like a punishment rather than something done for fun :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, purpleivan said:

The near terrain is five Apollo photos stitched together then colour adjusted to match.

Drawing rocks sounds like a punishment rather than something done for fun :rolleyes:

Cool. 

I agree. Maybe one rock is doable, but drawing all the hundreds of rocks in the near area would be awful.

Here's a new one, inspired by the official KSP logo: discovered in a dusty and abandoned wing of the R&D complex, a fascinated intern decided to copy this before it disintegrated:

IWSQfKb.png?1

Edited by Nixod321

12 hours ago, cubinator said:

Hardly counts as "art" as I just overlayed some text onto a cool screenshot, but here's a (fake) movie poster from my Ike mission I launched today:

YQj0SCE.jpg

I like it, although I'm half expecting the letters of ALIEN to appear one at a time (not a bad thing).

It's similar to what I made as a title image for my bit of fan fiction.

hbSygUg.jpg

I need to stop thinking about more things to do as KSP fan-art, as it just occurred to me that I could make KSP versions of a whole bunch of movie posters (not just space ones either)... that madness will not end soon if I do give it a go :D

Edited by purpleivan

7 hours ago, Wanner364 said:

t2ftnUy.jpg

"stuck" 

GXuqFbN.jpg

"Front Seat"

(I can't remember if I'd already posted this before- if so - sorry!!)

I especially like "stuck". It's the manual that makes it.

Edited by purpleivan

On 2/14/2016 at 10:20 PM, TedwinKnockman66 said:

Badass Jeb

badass_jeb_by_tedwin_knockman66-d9rsu4x.

Devianart:http://fav.me/d9rsu4x

This is really good I like it but if it were me (I have had three years of art classes) I would have made his eyes less big in comparison to his head.  He has a really big forehead and I get that it is stylized which is cool but his eyes look like they're coming out of his skull.  Also the tongue should be less round because if the tongue was round he would probably choke when he went up into space because it would get in the way when he's going upwards.  His tongue would go back and he would choke, which kind of makes it hard to enjoy this picture when I know that he would probably die very soon.  All in all I really like your style but there should be some more coffee in the cup too. (cool explosion i like the hues and saturation I would have done the same thing)

On 3/2/2016 at 0:44 PM, Devastian said:

A ballpoint drawing from a while back. Didn't have a scanner at the time, so I had to use a camera.space_shuttle_launch_by_devastian-d9ny4m

Hi this is really cool and the smoke clouds are huge and good the only problem I have is that you can't really see what's happening because everything is only one color.  I think if you used more colors it would be better because the clouds would be different from the shoot off station and the clouds from the really big engines that made them would then stand out more clearly.  All in all it is a very good picture and I think your at a really good starting point so if you keep practicing you'll be really good.

2 hours ago, James Todd said:

This is really good I like it but if it were me (I have had three years of art classes) I would have made his eyes less big in comparison to his head.  He has a really big forehead and I get that it is stylized which is cool but his eyes look like they're coming out of his skull.

Kerbals have protruding eyes

11 hours ago, John The Physicist said:

Same with me, lol. I will make a "great" (Semi-great) picture, color it, and completly make it look like garbage. 

This is one reason why I really like digital drawing. If your colours seem off, you can adjust them more easily. 

This is the art thread, so have an art:

OwED8R2.png

This is a preview image from a new page in my little illustrated story  about events leading to the founding of the KSP. 

The rest is here:

Done with Illustrator and GIMP.

I mentioned this guy in my KN-225 post, and here he is in person. Our very own test pilot Miles Kerman.

IbHS233.jpg

He isn't wearing a space helmet in this shot because he doesn't really like space that much anymore. He says it has something to do with too many bad memories involving something called the Meterex. We don't have any idea what he's talking about, but it sounds bad.

He has been our test pilot and technical advisor for about a year now. We still don't really know how he got here in the first place, and he doesn't remember either. He says it propably had something to do with either him flying here or, something called chaos control or something like that.

It doesn't really matter tough. All we know is that he's one hell of a pilot.

The picture itself is hand drawn/coloured and later on edited in microsoft paint. The original one is the size of my computer screen (aka 27 inches), so it had to be scanned in 4 parts. This caused some unwanted issues.

First of all there was the scan quality itself. the left-hand side of the lower right-hand side part was darker than the rest of the picture (the white color was more like light gray). So that needed quite a bit of editing.

The snapshots i took from the PDF files where slightly different sized.

And there where very visible lines on the spots from where the picks where "welded" together. Plus there where the seams of the papers themselfs (aka the spots from witch they where taped together).

Basically i wanted to keep the picture as original as possible, that's why there are still some errors here and there.

Did a couple of quick-n-dirty renders, working with ships created in-game.  The goal is to be able to create realistic imagery for my story art.

Hangar-Starchaser-2.png

Hangar-Dart-2.png

Hangar-Dart-3-EDIT.png

Edited by Deadweasel
Added another render that had been baking in the background :)

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:02 AM, Nixod321 said:

Here's a new one, inspired by the official KSP logo: discovered in a dusty and abandoned wing of the R&D complex, a fascinated intern decided to copy this before it disintegrated:

IWSQfKb.png?1

SOMEONE MAKE THIS A FLAG. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.