KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started drawing some of my rockets for my career logs, and I guess I have enough to show a little WIP version of it.

Spoiler

Big Pics DJrxVxk.png

I still have to draw 2 more rockets and color them in, so that's my little project for the next week.

EDIT: Tried coloring a bit the two, I think they came out nicely, but there's still shadowing and details to be done, and 2 other ones... :rolleyes:

Spoiler

gfDARMF.png

Edited by Pine

This took me about five hours. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :3

XYhfU4Y.png

On 5/22/2016 at 11:49 AM, Nils277 said:

Tried to make a kerbalized selfportrait:

//snip

took about 1-2 hours to make.

That is really cool! My one hour portrait is very flat, haha. I'm not good at 3D painting. I really like yours!

Edited by Pistachio_Moustache

That's really neat! I have to wonder how the grass is even still green, since I imagine a bunch of grass wouldn't do too well exposed to the vacuum of space and solar radiation, but then again, I have no idea what happens to a plant in a vacuum. What program did you use to model this? (That is, if it is a render. If it isn't a render, then I'll just throw my arms up and give up on drawing!) *not really, but I'd be extremely impressed.

Don't worry, I'm lightyears aways from being able to draw anything like this. No, it's all Blender and a little bit GIMP to get rid of some render errors. No need to give up. *or be impressed :D

I know the idea of the picture is pretty stupid, I just imagine how the Kerbal on the right took the whole pot out of the spacecraft as his "experiment", which is why the other looks like he's questioning his intelligence.

That looks so awesome! The point of view is great because you can't see for kilometers on end, so it really adds some immersion, along with the little light and the dark mun cloaked by the starry sky! Great work, keep it up!

Tody in biology class I was bored, and tried my hand in freestyle kerbal drawings. One idea led to another, and I made a half finished comic, which I plan to remake digitally as some kind of comic book style thingy. I still have to figure out how I draw kerbals, since the ones in the third and fifth panels look deformed somewhat. :D

I *think* the drawings are based on the monoliths being easier to see and the kraken baby, but I could be wrong.

Imgur kinda borked the images and gave me duplicates on the forum, so just ignore the one on the left. :wink:   

Ended up making some tests to see how it looks:

Spoiler

M3q49Rb.png?2

Edited by Pine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 2:19 PM, NexusProxima said:

Took me about a week and a half. What I imagine Jool looking like in reality. Really happy with how it turned out! emerald_giant_by_nexusproxima-da9v33u.pn

And it is 4K, so it fits my monitor! Thanks a lot!!!! You just made my new wallpaper

Edited by Beechnutk Jr.

• 2 weeks later...