KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

gbqTMaH.jpg

And finally, the magnum opus. King Jool.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, Skylon said:

Could someone with more talent than myself recreate this: 

Reveal hidden contents

Uncle Sam

Except it's a kerbal and it's saying 'I want you to check yo' staging'.

Or point me to an existing one.

M-may I?

x2F9Zw9.png

I'm currently working on Uncle Kerman. He's gotta be just right.

This is Eeoyoo Rajakerpal, an ancient Indian philosopher who traveled the old world to spread her idea of a face in the Mun. She was quite special, being born with eight arms and a deformed face. She was revered as a reincarnated goddess and given the highest of treatments. She settled in Greece at an old age, changing her name to Iaelohn Kermanos to blend in with society.

Her image was put into Joolian lore as a goddess until the Italian Renaissance when priests decided to rewrite her as a male to encourage individuals to study scripture instead of looking through telescopes and mixing volatile solutions together. Needless to say, the change didn't work.

Eeloo remains today as a god of stagnation and eternal static. He hunts down those near death and snatches their souls before the kraken taints them.

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

This is starting to look like you could make a thread of it's own...Very interesting so far!

I tried to a long while ago but it got shut down because people here don't like it if I call it the proper term of religion. Ooh, spooky!

I have the entire thing fleshed out, but I'm feeding the forums it little by little so I don't get banhammered for simply sharing my headcanon on kerbal spirituality.

1 minute ago, Atubara said:

I tried to a long while ago but it got shut down because people here don't like it if I call it the proper term of religion. Ooh, spooky!

I have the entire thing fleshed out, but I'm feeding the forums it little by little so I don't get banhammered for simply sharing my headcanon on kerbal spirituality.

I see. Well, if we can't get the whole thing at least we've got art for it! I've always thought about what constellations the Kerbals would find in their stock sky, and what stories they would have about them. I wonder if you'll look into that aspect as well?

1 hour ago, Atubara said:

Call it kerbal mythos then. Same thing as the evil word, but triggers less arguing and moral panic. Or, culturally propagated shared delusional framework. :)

@Cwilly To be a picky anatomy nerd, the head shape is feminine in the kerbal sense, but great job. I can't carve a pumpkin for a billion dollars.

@Urses He seems to only have skyboxes for mods. I need a stock skybox, for the raw input! Rah!

Edited by Atubara

12 minutes ago, Atubara said:

@Cwilly 

@Urses He seems to only have skyboxes for mods. I need a stock skybox, for the raw input! Rah!

Is it feasible to stitch screenshots into a sphere knowing the angle of the screen? Or you could just look in game. Different regions on Kerbin will have different constellations visible, and will make up different stories for them based on their different cultures. Kerbin is small, though, so there might not be as much cultural diversity as on Earth.

Edited by cubinator

@Atubara for Skybox changes you need the TextureReplacer mode. As far i am aware you can't change them ln stock?

And you are pure stoch there. This mode does only graphical changes for  Skybox and Kerbals. 

Edited by Urses