KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

waltwip3_by_i_am_thedragon-dcosueu.png

This is a Blender model of Walt Kerman I've been working on the past few days. Why Walt? Because he's my favourite, for some reason.

To do:

• Fix the face texture a bit
  • Add a bump map to the hair and face
  • Make the suit look less metallic!
  • Improve the rigging (That deformation at the elbow looks all wrong!)
  • Make the pupils smaller
  • Give him a tongue

I know this PR dude is wearing a SCAPE suit and I've certainly been looking at a lot of references but I can't guarantee this depiction here is even vaguely accurate. Though I think I've been mostly accurate to Walt's in-game design.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back after a long while. Starting to get back into KSP :D

Created some blueprints for Rockomax Skipper. Honestly I love the In-game model and kinda hope they don't change it.

hiFxxHr.jpg

Used KVV to get good photos around the engine in-game.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

24 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Back after a long while. Starting to get back into KSP :D

Created some blueprints for Rockomax Skipper. Honestly I love the In-game model and kinda hope they don't change it.

hiFxxHr.jpg

boii will you be making more of these? priceless for 3d modelling

36 minutes ago, Mr. Gonk said:

boii will you be making more of these? priceless for 3d modelling

I sure could, they take a while getting the white outlines but I'd be able to do more. I also recommend the Kronal Vessel Viewer mod if you haven't seen it already, which is what I've used to get detailed pics up close of parts.

Anything specific in mind?

Edited by V7 Aerospace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://imgur.com/a/9TfL8wa

Hello all,

I've been working on a graphic novel for KSP for a little while now!

I've been active on r/kerbalculture (a subreddit for kerbal fan art lovers like us), and I wanted to see what the forum would think. I hesitate to advertise my novel here (will have NSFW /NSFL themes and imagery), but I figured I'd give it a shot. I will start posting a page to the aforementioned subreddit  every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, starting Friday, February 1st.

This story will be much more refined and organised than Eeloo is No Goddess. If you're interested, please spread the word as you see appropriate or tell me your thoughts. Please also check out r/kerbalculture because more artists would be awesome!

Sorry for the formality, college's been wack lately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to do a quick MER/Oppy/Spirit tribute.

I had this scene mostly set-up as a showpiece for my ModPod mod.  The lower section of the craft is my bits, the top pod is clearly Squad's Mk1-2 pod (yes that dates this), the legs, and the original lights* are also squad's.  Scenery is a mash-up of actual Mars bits in a very amateur way.  Oppy is from NASA's 3D archives with a bit of TLC to get it into Cycles.

KGJtDBg.jpg

8 hours ago, HazelPine said:

Experimenting with exporting KSP models into blender, and since rendering the ships is already something that's been done a lot, I decided to try rendering the gorgeous IVA spaces that ksp has.

That's gorgeous! Any plans to do any of the ASET IVAs?

11 hours ago, wile1411 said:

That's gorgeous! Any plans to do any of the ASET IVAs?

That Could be interesting to do, but I'll only be able to get it to work once I figure out how to load the IVA props into the scene as well, because it seems they're not a part of the IVA model itself. If I figure it out I'll see about doing one of the ASET IVAs. :P

1 hour ago, HazelPine said:

That Could be interesting to do, but I'll only be able to get it to work once I figure out how to load the IVA props into the scene as well, because it seems they're not a part of the IVA model itself. If I figure it out I'll see about doing one of the ASET IVAs. :P

Props are different mu files, so separate imports. Then placing them would be based on the IVA's config, but the positions are all quaternian. And most of the asset IVAs are well populated. It's doable, but I think if rather just punch myself in the face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...