KSP Weekly: That Pale Blue Dot

SQUAD

14 hours ago, Errol said:

When do we get to hear about progress on an official release of the (?porkjet) rocket parts update?

That died when Porkjet left.  The small Part Overhauls addon that was released separatey from 1.2 is all we're going to get.

All signs point to a new direction for part revamp...if there is even going to be one that is.  Maybe all they're doing now instead is fixing some colliders and possily adding some new parts.

They never actually said that the revamp was off though, just that it didn't make it into this release.

It is rather disappointing to get total radio silence on this point post release. All they've really said is that they've hunted down a few bugs that slipped through.

From where I'm standing the only thing Squad needs to do is straighten out the console mess post-haste. They actually don't need to tell us what they are working on right now or what they are planning on working on, that's not how it works. They are nice enough to keep us in the loop which is a cool move that many of us appreciate. 1.2 is a super solid release- enjoy it, abuse it with mods, stop worrying about what hasn't happened yet and get your a#$es to Duna!

7 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

From where I'm standing the only thing Squad needs to do is straighten out the console mess post-haste. They actually don't need to tell us what they are working on right now or what they are planning on working on, that's not how it works. They are nice enough to keep us in the loop which is a cool move that many of us appreciate. 1.2 is a super solid release- enjoy it, abuse it with mods, stop worrying about what hasn't happened yet and get your a#$es to Duna!

Artists can't really help with the console mess. They should put the coders on fixing the console mess and have the artists tackle the rocket art while the coders are busy.

1 hour ago, passinglurker said:

Artists can't really help with the console mess. They should put the coders on fixing the console mess and have the artists tackle the rocket art while the coders are busy.

You know it's not Squad's programmers that are working on the console, right? They hired Flying Tiger for that.

1 hour ago, monstah said:

You know it's not Squad's programmers that are working on the console, right? They hired Flying Tiger for that.

Yes and a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you but after 4 weeks of utter neglect towards the communities pressing issues since the 1.2 dev transition I don't think the old excuses are going to fly any more.

Edited by passinglurker

I warned squad this revolt was coming.........All they had to do was level with us but instead they choose to ignore our questions. What you are seeing is the beginning of the end for KSP and it started with Harvester leaving then the devs. Now they are scambling to find good quality devs that are willing to work for pennys. And all this while they are telling us "Nothing to see here,all is fine, have a plushie!"  Useless PR string-us-along crap just trying to buy time. And the more they do that the more angry it makes us and the more people that pick up pitchforks and join the mob. And another thing if they think they are going to hurry and whip up a paid for DLC before the consoles have been fixed that would just be laughable and predictable! :sticktongue:

All squad had to do was put on thier big boy pants and be honest with us but instead choose to be silent like a scared little kid. Thats your KSP leadership folks enjoy! 

A post or two have been trimmed from this thread. 

There's a revolt now? I know this is the internet and this sort of thing is customary, but please lay off the tough guy mobs-and-pitchforks talk. It doesn't make things better for anybody. 

17 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

There's a revolt now? I know this is the internet and this sort of thing is customary, but please lay off the tough guy mobs-and-pitchforks talk. It doesn't make things better for anybody. 

Still, anger always has an origin, so even while the vehicle that transfers the anger might not be worth our approval, it is always best to listen and respond to whatever is the reason for anger, and Squad isn't particulary good at that lately. 

I'm quite shocked at how dead things are around here.  The old dev notes would immediately have pages after pages of discussions as soon as they were posted.  

On twitter, every_single_ reply tweet to the announcement of this dev note is a negative one, asking about console release dates or console patches.  (https://mobile.twitter.com/KerbalSpaceP/status/797236313984532480)

Something doesn't feel the same about KSP.  It used to be this great little underdog that I would tell all my friends about and try to get them interested.  I felt like I was rooting for the success of the game, and was happy was a small little indie studio was able to put out.  Now, I feel like KSP is not something I want to tell my console friends about, and the future of KSP doesnt excite me like it used to.  Its like I am waiting for news of KSP mobile, or KSP farming game for a mobile app, or exclusive ksp toys rather than meaningful changes and updates to the game.  

I dont know if it is the lack of information about the future of the current game, or perhaps an uneasiness that there even IS a future (besides expanding this new kerbal universe theyre talking about) for the game.  All the drama about staff changes, and this disasterous console launch has really soured me on KSP.  It feels like it has lost its incredible magic somehow.  

Maybe its time for a break from following development and playing the game; things have changed and it doesnt feel right for me. :(

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Ok so are we supposed to pretend all is well in the KSP universe? Its not! So only positive comments are allowed then? And if we cant express our views on the game or its development then why are these forums even here then? So instead of Squad doing the right thing and adressing these issues they are just going to start deploying the moderators to start censoring and banning people? So this is what it has come down to? 

People are never censored or banned for having an opinion or expressing it. Posts get removed for breaking the rules that we all agreed to when signing up for this forum. In an extreme case, a person can get banned for repeatedly and despite many warnings breaking the rules, if they clearly don't intend to try and follow them. I think that's very different from the situation you describe, @Redneck. Go ahead and complain about the console release, the lack of updates, the style of the devnotes or whatever else it is you'd like to complain about. But do so according to the rules, in the right threads, and whilst treating everyone else with respect.

If anyone would like to discuss moderation action further, you're welcome to PM one of us. This is not really the thread for this discussion.

7 minutes ago, Deddly said:

People are never censored or banned for having an opinion or expressing it. Posts get removed for breaking the rules that we all agreed to when signing up for this forum. In an extreme case, a person can get banned for repeatedly and despite many warnings breaking the rules, if they clearly don't intend to try and follow them. I think that's very different from the situation you describe, @Redneck. Go ahead and complain about the console release, the lack of updates, the style of the devnotes or whatever else it is you'd like to complain about. But do so according to the rules, in the right threads, and whilst treating everyone else with respect.

If anyone would like to discuss moderation action further, you're welcome to PM one of us. This is not really the thread for this discussion.

Since you singled me out let me respond to that. Its not complaining. Its stating a obvious fact that others are, not just me, are also feeling. That is obvious because you guys had to "trim" the thread right? So we are all complainers now? And I havent disrespected anybody. And if stating facts is disrespecting people then perhaps its the people creating the facts that are disrespecting us! Remember us? The loyal KSP user? The people that bought your product,and spread the word about its greatness all over the world? The people that helped mod the game and make it even more fun and helped it become the number one game? The people that helped moderate these forums? Now we are just complainers. WOW! Harvester where are you?????????????????? ;.;

I think we should be allow our emotions to show to an extent. squad has been sluggish in response to feedback lately some people are worried that their goodwill and civility is being take advantage of as if their concerns could be easily dismissed because nothing is on fire. I'm not saying we should be allowed to go all caps or worse but we should be allowed to show some emphasis and enthusiasm in our posts that are negative and critical in nature.

Also just to clear this up under what context is the word "console" appropriate to use in this thread? console users are part of this community and this is a community news thread they shouldn't be barred from civil posting about what they thought of the devnote simply because the devnote didn't use the word "console"

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

Porkjet left and with him took whatever hopes there were for revamped parts.

it would be nice if they actually addressed this in a devnote or official announcement of some sort instead of expecting us to dig through stray forum comments and hours of squadcast footage

Edited by passinglurker

Just now, passinglurker said:

it would be nice if they addressed this in a devnote or official announcement of some sort instead of expecting us to dig through stray forum comments and hours of squadcast footage

The writing was on the wall when it was announced he was leaving along with the other 7.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.