Orange Tank Everywhere

It's time to revisit the Full Orange Tank to Orbit Challenge, but with a twist. How far can you get with a full Rockomax Jumbo-64 fuel tank as your payload?

Points System:

Sub-orbital: 50pts

Kerbin Orbit: 150pts

Munar Orbit: 200pts (Kerbin Orbit assumed)

Minmus Orbit: 250pts (Kerbin Orbit assumed)

Solar Orbit: 300pts

Dunian Orbit: 500pts

Ike Orbit: 550pts (Dunian Orbit assumed)

Eve Orbit: 500pts (Landing score tripled, final score x2 if you can return to orbit.)

Gilly Orbit: 550pts (Eve Orbit assumed)

Moho Orbit: 650pts

Dres Orbit: 650pts

Joolian Orbit: 800pts

Laythe Orbit: 850pts (Joolian Orbit assumed; Bonus points for landing an amphibian craft or SSTO)

Tylo Orbit: 1000pts (Joolian Orbit assumed; Landing score doubled, final score x1.5 if you can return to orbit.

Bop/Pol Orbit: 850pts (Joolian Orbit assumed)

Vall Orbit: 850pts (Joolian Orbit assumed)

Eeloo Orbit: 1000pts (Minus 100pts if used Joolian system for slingshot)

Planetary or Moon landing: 1.5x Orbit pts.

Planetary or Moon flyby: .75x Orbit pts

Realism Mods or similar things: Score x 1.5

Sun diving: +1200pts (Provided you survive)

Jool diving: +1000pts (Must be below 120,000m and survive)

No More NERV (Use no radioactive parts in your spacecraft): +150pts/planetary system traveled

Escape the Kerbol System: +700pts

Special/Cool stuff: TBD

Rocket launch: +0pts (Unless it impresses me)

Spaceplane launch: add 150pts to all destinations except the Kerbin system, otherwise, add 150pts to final score.

SSTO/SSTE launch: add 300pts to all destination except the Kerbin system and Solar Orbit, otherwise, add 300 to final score.

Mining/Refueling: Minus 100pts to all destinations except the Kerbin system, otherwise, deduct 100pts from final score.

Impress me: +500pts

Every non-pilot Kerbal (Command seats are still pilots, only crew cabins and hab modules are exempt): +25 pts

Every Extra Orange Tank: Final score x1.5

Comments on balance would be greatly appreciated!

The Rules:

Cheating earns you -42 pts. That is your final score.

Mods are certainly okay, provided that you provide what mods you used. These will be put in a separate category.

If Kerballed, flags must be planted at every landing site, unless impractical to do so.

The Orange tank must be fully fueled for the entire duration of the mission.

The mission has to be conducted from one single launch. The ship may be split and docked, though why this is desired baffles me.

This post may be edited for refining purposes.

Video or pictures are required. An album is perfectly fine. 

Practice good sportsmanship, please.

All ingame functions, except for the debug menu, may be used. This includes but is not limited to: Saving/Reloading (F5/F9), Maneuver nodes, and Rapid Unplanned Disassembly.

...and More!

(Just kidding)

(Actually, I might add more rules if loopholes are found)

Leaderboard:

AeroGav, with an SSTO landing on Duna! 1050 points.

~~~~~

Annnd...Go!

Edited by NightshineRecorralis

Hmm,   what about if I use the Wyvern you had people work on yesterday?  Too bad you fixed it yourself before I'd finished up my version.

Rather than let it rot, I changed to a taildragger layout and went to see if it could resupply a Duna mission . 

Lacking a ramp, unloading was a problem, but we found a way :cool:

18 minutes ago, AeroGav said:

Hmm,   what about if I use the Wyvern you had people work on yesterday?  Too bad you fixed it yourself before I'd finished up my version.

Rather than let it rot, I changed to a taildragger layout and went to see if it could resupply a Duna mission . 

Lacking a ramp, unloading was a problem, but we found a way :cool:

Your design, you can do whatever you wish with it :D

i can't look at your video yet, unfortunately, so judging will commence later today.

I did take footage of the launch as well, in 10 minute segments (unregistered Bandicam version) but it's a big job to edit and upload. Slow connection.   Recorded two landing attempts.  Always fun to crash land a big ship with so many parts, it goes without saying. 

7 minutes ago, AeroGav said:

I did take footage of the launch as well, in 10 minute segments (unregistered Bandicam version) but it's a big job to edit and upload. Slow connection.   Recorded two landing attempts.  Always fun to crash land a big ship with so many parts, it goes without saying. 

Judging from your video you landed an orange tank on duna, which is 750pts for landing and 300pts for SSTO? Assuming you did use it as an SSTO, that would be a grand total of 1050pts.

Good Job!

BTW, what program do you edit with? I'm looking into recording my KSP as well.

Edited by NightshineRecorralis

48 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Judging from your video you landed an orange tank on duna, which is 750pts for landing and 300pts for SSTO? Assuming you did use it as an SSTO, that would be a grand total of 1050pts.

Good Job!

BTW, what program do you edit with? I'm looking into recording my KSP as well.

That video didn't take any editing.   Where I do edit, I still use this really old freeware program called Virtualdub.  It works with XVID and older formats which Bandicam records in, not the H264 codecs you get from RAPTR etc al.   After editing it down, I usually re-encode it with Handbrake, a nice freeware utility that converts XVID and other old video formats to h264.  Makes the file about one third of the size which is good for uploading on my slow connection.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.