[1.6] Contract Pack: Kerbin Air Force [KAF]

NAD5

3 hours ago, UAL002 said:

Advanced Difficulty option, Require signal for control needs to be off.  NOW they fight.  This is awesome,  what would I need to do to add my own enemy fighters to these missions?

Thanks for finding that! I'll put that information in the original post for the guys having the same issues as you.

In order to add your own craft a few things need to be done.

The easiest way is to edit a craft that is spawned by the mission, whilst keeping the same radar, BD Pilot, BD Controller and engines. This way you don't have to edit the craft file.

If you want to add a completely new aircraft there are a few things, first of all make sure you have these:
Radar
BD Controller
BD Pilot
Targeting Pod (I find aircraft will sometimes not fight if this is missing)
Engine/s
Probe Core
Decoupler on bottom of the craft

Once you have created the craft you have to go into notepad and edit the craft file.

Change the following

RadarWarningReceiverr: rwrEnabled = True

ModuleRadar: radarEnabled = True

MissileFire: guardMode = True
team = True
isArmed = True

BDModulePilotAI: pilotEnabled = True

Whatever engine you are using, search thrust to find it in the craft file:
EngineIgnited = True
currentThrottle = 100

Whatever dedcoupler you use, search decoupler to find in craft file
Just under part name edit it to say this:
    pos = 0.0272399783,-2013.69971,-0.275024414
    attPos = 0,0,0
    attPos0 = 6.33646916E-14,-0.204644203,-5.21054915E-07
    rot = -3.27825546E-07,-8.27532318E-08,4.06063627E-08,-1.00000012
    attRot = 0.999999881,0,0,0
    attRot0 = -5.03434592E-08,-7.16212778E-09,-9.34871534E-16,1
This makes the craft spawn 2.1km above the ground

Then find the part that looks like this
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        isEnabled = True
        ejectionForcePercent = 100
        isDecoupled = False
        stagingEnabled = True
        EVENTS
        {
        }
        ACTIONS
        {
            DecoupleAction
            {
                actionGroup = SAS
            }
        }
        UPGRADESAPPLIED
        {
        }
    }

Make sure actionGroup is set to = SAS, otherwise the decoulper wont decouple making the craft just plummet towards the ground.

I might be forgetting one or two things, let me know if you run in to any issues!

• 1 month later...

Ok... so I reaccepted every contract, placed my gamedata folder like this KSP>GameData>ContractPacks>KAF>Ships>(all the ship files). The KAF on the debug menu is green but still no ships are spawning, why? 

[EDIT] Also, there is always a TBD next to the mission briefing, is it suppose to be there?

Edited by william2002730

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2017 at 10:34 PM, william2002730 said:

Ok... so I reaccepted every contract, placed my gamedata folder like this KSP>GameData>ContractPacks>KAF>Ships>(all the ship files). The KAF on the debug menu is green but still no ships are spawning, why? 

[EDIT] Also, there is always a TBD next to the mission briefing, is it suppose to be there?

Apologies for the delayed response, I have been overseas for the past few weeks.

I initially thought your issues could be coming from a conflict with the update or the contract configurator update, but after testing on a stock KSP with both updated and running in x64 mode I came across no issues. Unfortunately I have no idea what could be causing your issues, it could possibly be a mod conflict, though I cannot see how this could conflict with any mods. I'm sure you have installed it correctly, as your ships are in the correct folder, but it would be worthwhile checking that everything is installed to the Contract Packs folder.

The TBD next to the mission briefing is not meant to be there, it sounds like contract configurator could be reading the files incorrectly.

11 hours ago, NAD5 said:

Apologies for the delayed response, I have been overseas for the past few weeks.

I initially thought your issues could be coming from a conflict with the update or the contract configurator update, but after testing on a stock KSP with both updated and running in x64 mode I came across no issues. Unfortunately I have no idea what could be causing your issues, it could possibly be a mod conflict, though I cannot see how this could conflict with any mods. I'm sure you have installed it correctly, as your ships are in the correct folder, but it would be worthwhile checking that everything is installed to the Contract Packs folder.

The TBD next to the mission briefing is not meant to be there, it sounds like contract configurator could be reading the files incorrectly.

No worries, it's some settings issues, with a little coding check I was able to fix it, great mod! 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I play tested it and I heavily recommend you to limit the maximum parts in one scene to no more than 200, that is 3-4 simple cylinder shaped crafts or no more than two complicated crafts. Due to the property of the game, any computer can hardly handle that many separated parts, no matter what spec does the machine actually have.

Besides, removing some decorative parts may help a little in improving performance.

Mission KAF-8, destroy FOB, two of FOB turrets spawned below terrain.

Mission KAF-10, Eliminate Listening Outpost, SAM-4 site is on a too sloped mountain. It will fall off mountain immediately after spawn.

Edited by damowang2

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice if you gave the Krussian aircraft the Russian missiles from PEW, would be more immersive. Also I can supply a couple crafts for the pack, but those will mostly need procedural wings (which actually improves performance owing to lower part count)

Edited by m4ti140

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks all for your comments, I'm back into playing KSP again so I'll update this mod every now and then. I've added two new missions that involve destroying some boats, be warned they are pretty well armed. I'm currently working on making the boats actually move, however they will not engage if I use the autopilot, but if I don't use the autopilot the engines flameout.

4 hours ago, NAD5 said:

Thanks all for your comments, I'm back into playing KSP again so I'll update this mod every now and then. I've added two new missions that involve destroying some boats, be warned they are pretty well armed. I'm currently working on making the boats actually move, however they will not engage if I use the autopilot, but if I don't use the autopilot the engines flameout.

Cool! A few hours after my post and spacedock already had a 1.3 version!  This is why I love the ksp modding community!

Idea for a mission:  a long range target for a high altitude bombing run.

Edited by Daniel Prates

I've just updated the pack, I haven't played around much with BD armory since it's updates but it looks like I can no longer get aircraft to spawn flying and get them to engage, so now all craft should spawn on the ground, though I may have missed a few! This means the enemies need time to take off, it is recommended to force them to spawn first by moving close to them with vessel mover, or just do a flyby and turn around.

Because of this I will probably make some more ground targets as suggest by Daniel, I'm in the process of working on some tanks and targets which should prove worthy for some bombing runs.

11 hours ago, NAD5 said:

I can no longer get aircraft to spawn flying and get them to engage

I really do not know how I missed this contract pack, it's right up my alley... I absolutely love the idea!!

I am sad however that it doesn't work like you had intended.

I might revert BDArmory to an earlier version just to see this in action.

What version of BDArmory does your previous version of the contract pack work best with?

@NAD5

I decided to play the newest version of your contract pack, but I found problems.

The planes are exploding often before they get to actually take off.

Tested on Stock + BDArmory + Contract Configurator + your contract pack.

I'm working on a solution, tweaking the spawn locations.

I'll let you know if it works.

Edited by TheKurgan

On 10/7/2017 at 9:14 AM, TheKurgan said:

@NAD5

I decided to play the newest version of your contract pack, but I found problems.

The planes are exploding often before they get to actually take off.

Tested on Stock + BDArmory + Contract Configurator + your contract pack.

I'm working on a solution, tweaking the spawn locations.

I'll let you know if it works.

Much to my confusion none of my aircraft exploded during my testing, I was almost certain they would though!

However I doubt you are the only one encountering this issue, I'm thinking of only spawning the aircraft on flat terrain now, and adjusting the landing gear positioning to make self-destruction less likely.

To answer your previous question the best BD armory version is any version from 1.2x or before, here is also the previous version of KAF where the aircraft spawn in the air: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JRuAEPr-uqdWRSQVNhZzBTTnc

• 2 months later...

I have figured out the answer to my last post after playing with it for a while but now I ask why the ground sams and fobs spawn upside down or tipped over. I am using sigma 3.2x rescale and 1.3.1 so I wonder if they flip because they spawn underground or if it is just because I am in 1.3.1. The planes appear to be fine right after they pull up last second from the ground :P.

Hello!

I am having difficulties with the mod.

The contracts are not appearing even in the console as well.

I have uploaded the file to my database, or gamedata, and it still does not work.

I have downloaded the mod from SpaceDock.

If there is any way that I have unsuccessfully downloaded the mod, please tell me, unless it's an issue with the mod its self, (note to mention: I am in 1.3.1) 

Thanks, 

Tac.

Edited by Tactical

On 12/22/2017 at 5:29 PM, Tactical said:

I have uploaded the file to my database, or gamedata, and it still does not work.

Inside your gamedata folder you should have contractpacks and inside that you should have KAF. The file location should be Kerbal space program > gamedata > contractpacks > KAF. I have this in 1.3.1 and I get the contracts and it works to a satisfactory degree aside from the problems outlined in my previous post.

6 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Inside your gamedata folder you should have contractpacks and inside that you should have KAF. The file location should be Kerbal space program > gamedata > contractpacks > KAF. I have this in 1.3.1 and I get the contracts and it works to a satisfactory degree aside from the problems outlined in my previous post.

that's what I did, here lemme re-try

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.