[1.6] Contract Pack: Kerbin Air Force [KAF]

NAD5

18 minutes ago, Tactical said:

there we are, it works now!

What are you using other than this? I just uninstalled KAF and bdarmoury to pursue a more space orientated career in 6.4x. (also it takes forever to fly to places with that scale) I just want to know what you use to see how I might like to have a career.

Just now, TachyonGMZ said:

What are you using other than this? I just uninstalled KAF and bdarmoury to pursue a more space orientated career in 6.4x. (also it takes forever to fly to places with that scale) I just want to know what you use to see how I might like to have a career.

well, B9 and so-on, it doesn't affect the contracts at all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi all! I've recently started playing KSP again and have updated this contract pack to work with 1.5.1. Now that BD armory has the new ground pilot mode I plan on adding a lot more ground strike missions (currently 3 land and 2 naval ground strike missions)

Edit: I recommend switching to the enemy ground craft once they come in physics range, as occasionally physics range extender may place them below the surface when spawning them in.
eg: you have your phys distance set to 30km, when you are 30km away from a SAM launcher switch over to it then switch back to your vehicle and continue as normal

Edited by NAD5

On 12/15/2018 at 2:57 PM, TheKurgan said:

@NAD5 Your hyperlink on SpaceDock, "Requires contract configurator: https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases and..."  is malformed, the hyperlink actually points to https://spacedock.info/mod/1060/Contract Pack: Kerbin Air Force [KAF]

FYI :)

Cheers, I've updated the links now

@NAD5 I found a minor issue.

If you are playing Career mode, and in the Advanced tab of Game Difficulty you have chosen "Require Signal for Control" then the planes that spawn in the air will just fall and crash.

an easy solution to this, I believe, is to add antenna's to all the enemy planes.

Or somehow have them spawn with pilots.

One of the enemy early era Migs in your mod has an antenna, and it works fine.

Edited by TheKurgan

On 12/16/2018 at 5:56 PM, TheKurgan said:

@NAD5 I found a minor issue.

If you are playing Career mode, and in the Advanced tab of Game Difficulty you have chosen "Require Signal for Control" then the planes that spawn in the air will just fall and crash.

an easy solution to this, I believe, is to add antenna's to all the enemy planes.

Or somehow have them spawn with pilots.

One of the enemy early era Migs in your mod has an antenna, and it works fine.

Thanks for the heads up, I remember this being an issue in a previous version of the game, so I added antennas to all the craft. I've been experiencing a different issue altogether where the craft will fly and chase you fine but refuse to fire, I found changing the the enemy craft and manually firing a missile by clicking on the actual missile will suddenly cause all enemy craft to begin engaging. Craft that spawn within 8km of the KSC seem to not be affected.

I've added a ground attack mission where 3 tanks and one SAM spawn about 7km away from the KSC on a hill, you can easily complete it with a ground vehicle or aircraft.

6 hours ago, NAD5 said:

I've been experiencing a different issue altogether where the craft will fly and chase you fine but refuse to fire

Hmm... I am seeing the same thing now.

My drone plane is treating the planes as "Landed" and firing Air to ground missiles, like Hellfires at them.... 

g02MGDF.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.